• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

horsepower needed

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
280 hp from a cam and a chip not bs and its 330 with the spray cam and chip i'm guessing in abouts 240-250 i could dyno it tommorow video tape the whole damn thing to satisfy you, you got nothin better to do than sit on your ass searchin the web for graphs i see

you can't bull shit a bull shitter, move along, and since you are new, becareful of flaming, that shit is not tolerated here.

you can't BS in this Garage with out being called out.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
IDA automotive (the place where you did "your" dyno run) is located in marlboro, new jersey...thats an awful long haul just to run "your" truck on the dyno. maybe you moved right after dynoing it :icon_rofl:

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
OK lets not be super big dickheads about this regardless of him being wrong. i think it has been proven he is feeding a long line of BS. give the (hopefully) uneducated person a break.

i smelled BS from the beginning but you guys raped him on a one night stand here. now that is funny, i almost feel bad you have needle dick syndrome bad enough to spout off at the mouth this bad. i hope you settle you ego down to reality soon so we can actually provide you with some honest info to humble your previous crack head like statements.
you going to push 400 HP and 500lbs of torque out of a "stock" 300 motor spinning 7k next? i would love to see the epic demise of a early 4 liter spraying enough nitrous to get to 300+ hp.

look, i dont want to run you into the ground for spouting off with BS numbers because you are. i want you to humble your ignorance and realize that we are not full of shit nor are we stupid. if you want to drive to cleveland OH i will happily talk my brother into putting his mustang back together to race you for titles, if you are right you mite just win. but all joking aside. tell us the truth to save your own future credibility from ruin. we do our best not to judge here. i am not out to bash you till you leave or commit suicide but please be honest and stop the flat out bullshit claims.

/\
|

has been drinking and it sure reads like it. but seriously chill the **** out and stop trying to be e-tough.

Last edited:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
yeah, we only draw blood in political threads. outside the political threads we are all friends and help each other out so what you got?

I forgot about the whole TTB vs Straight axle thing ....... we get blood shed there too.

PickupMan04 FX4 L2

drop a 4.0 manual tranny a mild cam, throttle body spacer, intake exhaust and a small chip set you will be good to go. more or less same set up i'm running i'm pushing 330 hp
someone just pegged my bs meter!:icon_rofl:

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
im in NH right now and i can smell it from here

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
Anyways just do the 4.0 swap, gears, and maybe a standard Transmission. I have a 347 stroker in my 84 and it has tons of power, but it is a real PITA at times.

low_five

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just leave the 2.9, swap in a more aggressive cam to make up for the lack of displacement from a 4.0. Throttle body spacer, exhaust and intake (obviously) tornado air swirler. dont forget the K&N. Chip.

good for 300+ horsepower. I bet you will make my power than my buddy in New Jersada with a 4.0 and most of those mods.

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
Awww great! Here we go again!!!!!!!!

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
i think low_five was trying to be funny.

lets move on :icon_cheers:

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
93 4.0 came stock with 160 hp if I remember correctly. In order to double that you would have to do some real serious mods. People pay alot of money to get 320hp out of aome small block v-8's. My 3.0 can tredge through snow up to the hood if conditions are right. That isn't the hp making that happen, it's 4-lo with lot's of wieght in the back and fresh, powdery, unpacked snow.

Last edited:

Tpenner93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hey i'd like to apologise for any frustration/confusion as to what was said yesterday from this account. My little brother i guess made an account on here and clearly was talking smack about my truck. Here is the truth behind my truck its a 93 ford ranger 4x4 xlt super cab. Pretty close to stock i got 33x10.5x15 dunlops and a 3" body block with true dual complete exhaust (mostly custom minus headers and mufflers flowmaster 40 series) have a chip on it and msd ignition other than that the truck is more or less stock

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
now thats more like it:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals