• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

horsepower needed

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
hey i'd like to apologise for any frustration/confusion as to what was said yesterday from this account. My little brother i guess made an account on here and clearly was talking smack about my truck. Here is the truth behind my truck its a 93 ford ranger 4x4 xlt super cab. Pretty close to stock i got 33x10.5x15 dunlops and a 3" body block with true dual complete exhaust (mostly custom minus headers and mufflers flowmaster 40 series) have a chip on it and msd ignition other than that the truck is more or less stock
even though i dont really believe you... thanks for the apology. stick around a while, you may learn something. most of us are really easy to get along with, i swear :icon_twisted:

now back to the OP> theres not much you can do to a 2.9 other than swap it out. like has been said, your best bet is a manual transmission and lower gears to get the most out of whatever engine you end up using. you can bolt on a thousand dollars worth of junk and still not have a real power maker. depending on what youre using it for, maybe a better option would be a 2.3t swap

Last edited:

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
screw that, ban him anyway just for entertainment's sake

he's probably bs'ing about how his little brother was rude

turbo cat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
exploder
Engine Size
4.0ohv turbocharged
Transmission
Manual
wether hes BSing or not dosent matter hes not claiming to have a 330 horse 4.0 anymore is he. 330+ horse can be accomplished on a 4.0 but i ttakes 15psi from a turbocharger and at least a mild cam to help with the flow and then tuned and fueled correctly.

HndMeDnBroncoII

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
BroncoII
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
guys what can i put on my 2.9 87 bronco II to help the hp and i want to do a 4.0 or 5.0 swap not sure yet
try the k&n air filter the whole kit if you can afford it but the filter alone will help when was the last time the ignition module was changed
just because it works doesnt mean it is performing at peak efficiency
same with wires the plugs dont have to be outrageous just decent quality
i have had good results with the motorcraft plugs
also look into an underdrive pulley set they are liked and disliked about the same do your own research there.the principal is the smaller pulleys way less belt drag engine spins easier.
check your timing chain as well might be stretched if it is original
clean your throttle body

the factorys do a fairly good job of tuning these motors already and just cause the parts can endure for twenty years like my b2 doesnt mean they are not old and worn and gears would be perfect too
let me know how it goes

btwMy seven year old daughter could bullshit cars and trucks better!:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals