• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How low can I go, and how?

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Well, the guy on FB from Kentucky that had the new 2nd gen Dream Beams is a complete moron and is afraid to call or text my phone number because of scammers. :rolleyes:o_O JHC dude! It's not like I'm trying to send you a check to cash for me, or getting you to claim $1000000000 dollars because of a long lost relative.

So I guess he won't get my money and I'll have to buy new ones online at full retail.
I've had this happen also. The person actually started harrassing ME, tp prove I wasn't a scammer. I told him I was trying to give him money, not take it from him. When I fianlly told to him "F" off, he wanted to make the deal, I told him he ruined his chance to get MY money.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
Well, the guy on FB from Kentucky that had the new 2nd gen Dream Beams is a complete moron and is afraid to call or text my phone number because of scammers. :rolleyes:o_O JHC dude! It's not like I'm trying to send you a check to cash for me, or getting you to claim $1000000000 dollars because of a long lost relative.

So I guess he won't get my money and I'll have to buy new ones online at full retail.
This seems to be stressing you out. I'll volunteer to take the truck so you can relax, just to be helpful....

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
I had a rear roll pan on Craigslist a while ago and got an email from a guy who was interested in it. We agreed on a price- about $125, I think- and he said he'd send a check to cover the part and shipping and to just send him a check for whatever was left. The check came in an envelope with a Missouri post mark but it was from a company account in Florida and it was written for $1300. I brought it to our police staion and they were going to contact the company on the check to see if they even knew about it. I eventually sold it to someone on this site, he paid me enough to cover shipping and promised to send the rest in a couple of months. It's been 2 years. I bought his integrity for less than $100.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
I just don't get it. I mean, scammers already have your phone number and call you randomly. They don't ask you to call or text them so they can pick up your Dream Beams. Then the dumba** lowers his price on FB even more. lol

He is from Ken(impregnateyoursister)tucky though. lmao

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Anyone have any personal thoughts on ride quality after flipping the shackle hangers and using Dream Beams? I've read they ride like absolute garbage afterwards. Even with shorter bumpstops on the rear and lowering shocks.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
I guess the rear ride quality mainly worsens after doing an axle flip.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
no idea here

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
I wanna lower this thing. I will NOT c-notch. What are my options without the rear axle hitting the frame all the time??

It already seems to need new rear leaf springs, as these sag very easily with minimal weight in the bed. I'm very familiar with first/second gen front suspension and alignments..

View attachment 95774
View attachment 95775
Rear flip kit gives u about 5" any more u need to notch it

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
I d
I guess the rear ride quality mainly worsens after doing an axle flip.
I did it to mine!Ride quality is as bad as u think.You lose more ride quality with low pro tires more then anything which I also have on my truck now

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
I d

I did it to mine!Ride quality is as bad as u think.You lose more ride quality with low pro tires more then anything which I also have on my truck now
It makes sense that an axle flip kit would worsen the ride quality with it raising the axle so near the frame. I'm well aware of low profile tires making a Ranger ride like crap too. My V8 truck has that problem.

I'm thinking on this 85 that a shackle hanger flip is the most it will get, but I'm not sure that will lower the rear enough to match a set of Dream Beams in the front.

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
It makes sense that an axle flip kit would worsen the ride quality with it raising the axle so near the frame. I'm well aware of low profile tires making a Ranger ride like crap too. My V8 truck has that problem.

I'm thinking on this 85 that a shackle hanger flip is the most it will get, but I'm not sure that will lower the rear enough to match a set of Dream Beams in the front.
That djm kit the rear is lower then the front.i had to add a helper spring to even it out.It could be because I had to add stronger springs to hold up v8. Since u have stronger springs in the front like I do it won't lower as low as it should.Like if u had regular normal strength V6 or 4cyl springs. Hangers and shackles would probably be best bet. Or just get 3" drop springs for the front and call it good.My buddy just put some on his and it sits pretty good. Alignment came out good as well. But still use hangers and shackles.Either way there are options but you ll probably be taking it apart a few times until u find the correct stance your looking for.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals