• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lifts

Ak907Girl

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/ 11,370Miles
Transmission
Manual
So I was looking through the Tech Library at 2wd lifts (while answering the phone at work), and I couldn't tell you the difference one lift to the other.

What brand do you guys recomend?

Post a picture of your lift!

What's a decent price range, (I beat people if I get ripped off! lol jk)

Merci!
(oui, je parle un peu francaise!):icon_cheers:

cman24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have a rough country 4 inch lift on my 94 2wd it was about 500 bucks including shipping.

Ak907Girl

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/ 11,370Miles
Transmission
Manual
$500 isn't bad at all. Although, I gotta read the fine print for shipping, most EVERYWHERE doesn't ship to AK.

I'm looking for about 3"-4" lift.

$0-under a thousand? lol

Hopefully something for under $600 (so I only have to use one paycheck to buy it.) lol

And I have access to Lima Bean's shop if I need it.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
if you want a whole kit, there's several cheapies out there. rough country should have something available.....skyjacker gets pricey.

does it have to be suspension? you could always get a 2 or 3 inch body lift. they're less than $150 shipped from most places. like you said, just gotta make sure they'll ship to you.

there's lots of budget ways to do it in the tech library as well.

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Alaska huh! Wow I thought it was hard to get stuff here in Ontario, Canada. Have you looked on ebay at all? Theres some good deals on there and alot of people are willing to ship anywhere.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
I posted about this recently and rough country and pro comp look the most tempting and in that price range as I have the same budget and a 96 2wd and looking for the same. Heard tuff country is meh too. Check different vendors I'm sure someone will ship one to you, if not I'm sure someone from here would receive it and reship it if nothing else. :)

Nate W.

August 2012 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
I have no idea what it costs, but my Dad said it was a top dollar lift back in the '90's. He said it could've easily been $1,000 for the kit. Is this accutate? Can someone verify?:icon_confused:

I have a RANCHO 2" Suspension lift on my 1990 Ranger with 31" All Terrains.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you want to be really cheap you can get a couple inches out of adding washers to your coil springs and either getting a 4wd lift block and bolts or Explorer rear springs. That would gain about 2", it is all in the tech library.

3" bodylift (couple hundred bucks) and Explorer front springs (roughly another inch with however a 302's heft plays out, $60 pair new) on my ol' 4x4.

Last edited:

RangerBoy94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
360CDI
Transmission
Automatic
^^^ IDK if i've ever told you but your truck if my favorite first gen.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Remember you two have 4x4s (both sweet rides too) and hers is a 2wheeler.I think she should just throw on a PA lift and be done with it. She can throw all the money in the world at it and it still wont go where a 4x4 will. There are lots of GEN 1 AND II's around we could build her a badass wheeler. Just my 2 cents but its her ride.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
^^^ IDK if i've ever told you but your truck if my favorite first gen.

Remember you two have 4x4s (both sweet rides too) and hers is a 2wheeler.I think she should just throw on a PA lift and be done with it. She can throw all the money in the world at it and it still wont go where a 4x4 will. There are lots of GEN 1 AND II's around we could build her a badass wheeler. Just my 2 cents but its her ride.
Yeah, I was going to mention but forgot to at that late hour that a comparable 2wd would be similar but minus 2".

I mainly threw it up there because while the entire truck looks very different, BL's can still look pretty good. I really don't see the point of anything else on a 2wd unless you are going to do baja type stuff... I doubt there is much of that up there. I have had mine on for six years and haven't had a problem yet... it was a major godsend during my V8 swap too.

Do some research. There is a thread dedicated to 2wd lifts. Try the search button before posting a new thread.

Sorry, but I am going to treat you like every other noob here and not bow down because you have tits.
I am on some boards where nobody asks anything out of fear of getting ripped a new one because it already has been asked... makes for a mighty boring board. More of an encyclopedia than a community.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD

Yeah, I was going to mention but forgot to at that late hour that a comparable 2wd would be similar but minus 2".

I mainly threw it up there because while the entire truck looks very different, BL's can still look pretty good. I really don't see the point of anything else on a 2wd unless you are going to do baja type stuff... I doubt there is much of that up there. I have had mine on for six years and haven't had a problem yet... it was a major godsend during my V8 swap too.

I am on some boards where nobody asks anything out of fear of getting ripped a new one because it already has been asked... makes for a mighty boring board. More of an encyclopedia than a community.
Oh yea i hear when doing a v-8 a body lift rocks. And i agree with you a pre-runner in Alaska makes as much sence as a screen door in a submarine. But all good info you guys keep it coming something latest and greatest may turn up.:icon_thumby:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
explorer springs, 2" body lift, cut fenders. cheap and easy.

rough country does offer a 2wd 4" lift. for the money i can't complain about my lift. sure the coils are a little stiff and that drop plate can be annoying sometimes... if you go about ordering straight from RC i might be able (if they have done it already) to get you the softer coils instead of the crazy stiff ones. RC is one of our sponsors for my local off road forum so i've got friends up there.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals