• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Losing power in higher RPM's when A/C is on

05ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I recently started feeling a little problem when my A/c and certain vent settings are on. Most notably the vent setting that blows from the dash and under the dash onto the feet simultaneously. I feel a little power lag in higher RPM's around 3,000, usually when im about to shift the manual transmission from 3rd to 4th. The sensation is similar to when the governer kicks in and you feel that little bit of drag.

I am no expert on A/C systems. DO you guys think its a compressor problem? or something else.

I drive an 05' ford ranger, 2.3 liter, manual, 4 banger.

Thanks guys

ps. i know its common to lose a little power with the A/C on with smaller engines, but I typically stay pretty in tune with the feel of the engine when im driving and this has definitely just developed in the past couple of weeks and it not only occurs with the A/c setting but with that particualr vent setting as well, which has surprisingly always blown cold air into the cab, unlike other settings. wierd no?

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Late models use vacuum to turn the vent doors. Perhaps one of them is making a vacuum leak?

Though I'm not familiar with the dash setup here, sometimes you can get a good look at the A/C/heater vent plenum by popping out the glove box.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals