• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mazda B3000 frame up cruiser.

KMRS87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I had started to SAS my 2wd mazda kinda slacked off on it when i bought my moms jeep an started using that as a trail rig. had also picked up a yj an fibreglass tub as a project so no need for 3 4wd vehicals an no dependable rig i could jump in an go with. I really coulda have sold the truck an bought a commuter car or something newer for what i have invested but when i was down on my luck this truck served me well 3 years without a single issue. minus a rear wheel cylender which didnt leave me stranded so i figured i owed it so i tore the truck apart an started over.

the original build thread can be found here. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94432

so pictures over the last little bit. sorry for the quality there from my cell phone an were mainly for coworkers an family members asking to see it since i dont like having people around the garage while i work since you just wind up talking an getting nothing do.

First off the jeep that made the project switch directions

first thing i did was roll it in tear out the cruiser axles and cut the crossmember outta the rangers stock frame an swap it to my rust free frame. then i changed the position of the crossmembers an eliminated any that i no longer needed. boxed the rest of the frame in an smoothed out an welded up any unused holes along the entire frame

made some upper rear shock mounts and flipped one stock one. pretty much started out with a piece of 1/4 plate i had left over from another project

wound up looking like this

also anywhere a bolt passes through the frame. like the rear cab mounts or trans crossmember the frame was drilled an sleeved to not only keep dirt and water out but also to keep from crushing the frame rails together.

next was to paint the frame. decided to use some industrail sign paint. at $200+ a gallon which i was giving for free since it was flat when it shoulda have been gloss.

decided to take preventitive action an fix all my bodt mount brackets now while i had the chance. couple of big washers an a little bit of time. turned into this.

finished product

and then assemled the rest of the frame

Now on to the cab. i dont have any before pictures but the rad support both cab corners and whole drivers side floor was not salavage able so i bought a front pan for a 84-88 ranger and made whatever else i need by hand i replaced the front an rear door posts and most of the floor.

then flipped the cab on its back and wire wheeled, grinded primed and truck bed lined the entire floor. i have enough left to do the inside of the cab when i get to that point in the build.

now time to bolt the cab down but i quickly found out the poly mounts i put in the first time out of a bronce body mount kit wouldnt work the cab was resting on the transmission. so since energy suspension doesnt offer the mounts for anything 89 and newer and anything else would have taken 4-6 weeks to get here. i did a little research and figured since the 84-88 floor pan fit perfect the mounts would as well and for 100 bucks it was worth the gamble. heres the difference.

got the cab installed along with my new cowl hood and rad support.

also had a set of 1995 cobra r's i was going to run but sold them and am gonna run a set of staggered corvette rims 17x8.5 in the front and a 18x9.5 in the rear. heres a sneek peek.

thats where im at now but its hard to believe that what i have now came from combining these 2 trucks

truck will be lowered currently has 2 inch drop springs in the front and removed the rear overloads and did a rear hanger flip. once its together i decide how much more to lower it. side note ever nut bolt washer and bushing has been replaced with new. new shackles, radius arms, radius arm brackets, brake lines and flex lines. trucks gonna keep the 3.0l 5 speed and 7.5 until next winter just looking for something to have fun driving until my mustang is done this year or next. thats all for tonight but i should have some more pictures soon. hope you all enjoy.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals