• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 91 Exploder

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Got a little more bass now. Got a little 8" JBL sub and bought a little cheap 250watt rms amp. I wasnt looking for anything super loud just looking for a little more bass. I listen to a lot of metal/double bass stuff and it work and sounds great for what I wanted.

Got it all put in and wired up today. Its all mounted inside the box I built in the back.

Sub mounted in box

Sealed off a box inside the box for the sub

Amp wired up and everything

Dont mind all the saw dust. Still need to vacuum all of it up.

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ARB air locker anyone?

Found it for a good deal. $217 shipped to my door. Now wish I could find one for the rear for such a great deal.

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Lift kit anyone?

Best thing is I only paid $36 for all of it at the junkyard today. Shocks were toast so I didnt grab them. Also grabbed the brackets for the steering stabilizer.

Anybody know what lift kit this is? It had a Skyjacker sticker on the back window.

Here are some close up pics of the lift brackets.

My buddy also grabbed a m5od and a manual 1354 and a set of pedal for a $100 and some change. Good day overall. lol I still need to go back and grab the pitman arm. I couldnt get it off so I guess I need a puller for it.

jovibuilt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks like a 6" skyjacker to me.Looks like the one i have here.If you use it watch that drop plate it can punch a hole in your diff.

out cast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
BRACE THE BRACKETS!!! Trust me, you won't wanna pull it apart later to fix busted brackets... thats what I have to do tomorrow and most likely tuesday as well.

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
BRACE THE BRACKETS!!! Trust me, you won't wanna pull it apart later to fix busted brackets... thats what I have to do tomorrow and most likely tuesday as well.
Have any info on where or how to brace? Is this the same lift you have? Get some pics of how and where you brace yours and I will definitely do it before I put it on.

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks like a 6" skyjacker to me.Looks like the one i have here.If you use it watch that drop plate it can punch a hole in your diff.
Is there anyway to trims where it will contact the diff and reinforce it?

jovibuilt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

jovibuilt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
here is a picture of the updated passenger side bracket.

With the plate style you can space down the drivers side bump stop.Or just buy the updated bracket.You can get it from skyjacker and maybe on here?TRS fab and offroad.You should be able to buy just the passenger side bracket.I know you can from skyjacker because I have.

Last edited:

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That bracing seems simple enough. Do you have the part number for that bracket or is that it on it?

Also that is the one for the 5.5 inch lift right? Do you remember how much you paid for just that one bracket?

jovibuilt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thats the part number on it.I was lucky enough to buy it used on here.Did you email trs fab and off road on here to see if they could get it?I will try to get you a picture of my ranger with the drop bracket and a dana 35 so see what I am talking about.By the way that is a skyjacker 6" lift you have.

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Is the part number on it RHS 35-6? Kind of hard to make it out.

out cast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
here is where i ended up breakin the brackets (red) and where i braced it (blue)

Last edited:

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Went back to the junkyard yesterday to get the pitman arm prepared with a puller since I couldnt get it off last week after I beat and banged and pryed on it. Got there and tried putting the puller on it and it wouldnt go over the head. The head on it is bigger the a stock one. So I beat and banged a little more and still nothing. So I unbolted the steering box to get it out so I could get to the arm a little better and I was pulling it out the damn arm just fell off. lol Guess I wasnt holding my mouth right.

Also grabbed the shocks off it also to use the fronts for now and got the rear for my buddys Ranger hes putting together. Also found a brand new wiring kit for a cd player laying the back behind the seats.

Also have done some little odds and ends to it over the last week or so.

I was on my way to work the other week and the clutch line got a little to close to the exhaust manifold and burnt it in half so there goes the clutch. No more releasing it. lol It wasnt the right line to begin with just one my buddy had laying around at the transmission shop he works at.

So I took the day off and put it in low ranger so I would start in gear easier and made it back to the house and did a little afro engineering to the line to get me by until I find the right line. Use compression fitting to go from the plastic line and another fitting from it too brake line and pieced it back together. Ran it that way for a few weeks and it worked fine. No leaking or anything.

Then yesterday I was at the same shop and was messing around and we ran across a braided line with the same exact ends on it so figured I would give it a try and wouldnt you know, the perfect length. Got it changed it and it works great.

Ran some air hose for my OBS from the tank in the back to under the hood to get ready for the front air locker. Put a tee and a quick disconnect under the hood. The ARB solenoid is going to the other side of the tee I have plugged now.

3 way splitter at the tank

Also picked up a adjustable pressure switch and Home Depot to up the pressure a little for the air locker.

Put some much needed air shock/struts on the lid of the box I built for the back. Got the angles and everything right the first try. They work perfect. There the same ones that on the rear window in the hatch. Also got a fir extinguisher mounted.

Also was bored and got a few pics of the exhaust I did on it. Dont think I have put any up of it. Its 2.5" pipe dumped at the axle, Flowmaster 2 chamber, with no cat. Its got a nice coating of mud now. I like to think of it as custom ceramic coating. lol

Dump

Muffler

Straight piece of 2.5" pipe to the y pipe.

Thats it for now. Going to got to my buddies shop this week and hes going to help me get my other front and rear ends put together and setup with the gears and lockers.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals