• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 91 Exploder

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Havent really done a whole lot to it lately but been order some little odds and ends to finish getting parts for the lift and some little odd and end fittings and stuff for the front ARB.

Recharged the a/c in it today and the compressor stays on and it blows cool air but just doesnt seem like it should. Also with the compressor kicked on and your driving it it sucks so much power from the motor it feels like the brake are dragging. lol The freon will probably leak out also so I will probably be pulling all the a/c parts off and putting in a non a.c heater box to free up some room under the hood and have more room for when I decide to put on a York for the OBA.

Got some f-250 front brake lines for now with the lift, some spring perches for SOA, ARB air solenoid and various fittings for it.

Got my other 8.8 put together with the 4.56 gears setup and Aussie locker installed with some help from my buddy one day last week. Going to try to get the other front diff put together with the 4.56's and ARB one day this coming week. Also got to make some guessets for the axle drop brackets

So its slowly starting to come together. Going to swap the lift and front and rear ends all at one time since I will have it all tore apart.

The plans for the lift are just use the radius arm drop brackets and stock radius arms for now then Im going to get some DOM tubing and big heim joints and extend the radius arms, get some f-250 shock mounts,. Basically going to by copying the zimmerman guys mods for the most part to try to get it nice and flexy.

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Goodbye A/C.

Tons of room under the hood now. Dont mind how dirty it is. Need to be washed under the hood. lol

Got all the fittings I needed to get the ARB solenoid in place and got it wired up ready for the front locker.

C-clip eliminator kits.

F-250 brake lines.

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Found a set of nice clear headlights at the junkyard. Funny thing is the whole front end was destroyed on it in a crash except the headlights. Just on of the back backing pieces was broke all up so I just replaced it with one of mine. Worked fine.

Put a light in my box and put a door switch on it.

Nite shaded the tails. Not sure if I like it or not though.

Overall shot of the front now.

Getting everything ready for the lift install and diff swap. Ran into a problem putting the front air locker in could get the backlash right and found out it calls for a different bearing on one side so I got the right bearing for it this weekend so I should get it together this coming week. Made some guessets for the drop bracket.

I shouldnt break it now. But we shall see.

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Finished getting both my diffs put together today. Going to swap them out and swap lifts out starting tomorrow night and finish up Saturday if all goes well.

Front D35 with 4.56 and ARB

Rear 8.8 with 4.56 and Aussie

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Outstanding! looking great, man, surprised there haven't been more comments on this! One question tho, can you reach that fire extinguisher from your front seat with your seatbelt on?

out cast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
good job on the brackets. i didn't really like my niteshades before but after i got rid of them, i miss them.

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Finished getting the lift and diffs swapped out yesterday. Havent got the body lift taken off yet so it looks kind of goofy with 31's. There is actually a little negative camber so I will probably put the coil spacers back on the front and pull the body lift and see how it sits then.

Driver side f-250 brake line

Passenger side f-250 brake line

Air line going to front diff

Radius arm drop bracets temporarily

Shocks and springs

Rear end setup
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v415/Foxracin/1991 Explorer/?action=view&current=lifton8.jpg

Also got my HIDS yesterday and just got them put on earlier today. They seem pretty bright just have to wait until it gets dark to see. The seem like a good quality set but I dont really know this is my first set ever.

Ballasts

Wiring harness and controller for high/low

Lights on kind of hard to get a pics of in day light

Ill get some picture of them tonight when it gets dark.

Got the money saved up to get a set of 33's. Got to find somebody that has the 33x12.50x15 BFG km2's though. Everybody seems to be out of stock of them.

rangersteve

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Nice job on everything. I like your truck. Can't wait to see them new tires.

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There is just one problem though. NOBODY has the BFG km2's or can get them for like another month or so. I have called everybody and they all say national backorder. I had a lead on a used set so Ill see if it goes through.

out cast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What hid kit did you purchase? Got any night shots of them?

out cast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ouch!!! that was a lil below the belt...

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
definitly the best explorer on here, IMO, keep it up
Appreciate it man. Its still got a ways to go in my book. lol Ill definitely be keeping at it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals