Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2wd
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My Dad recently bought this car off a man who was storing it in the woods. It's a '36 Plymouth body on a '55 Chevy based frame with a straight front axle. It was built in the '70s by two brothers. Then in the late '80s Chris Allen Sr was driving passed a scrap yard and noticed it sitting in front of a crushed. He pulled in and they sold it to him for scrap price. He raced it in 90-91 for a vintage class at Flemington NJ. He then sold it temporarily but it got lost basically. Then a few months ago my Dad's truck driver found it in a auto locator , located in the Poconos. We went that weekend and bought it. So far I got the stock Chevy 350 running, and put all new brake shoes and wheel cylinders on all four corners ( yes four wheel dr brakes) . Bolted to the 350 is a 3 speed trans which goes to a frankland quick change rear. It really is a cool car. I can't wait till it's finished to take to car shows.

Attachments

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 173A8B749AB83C Expires: January 1, 2020

CrZyNcK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2wd
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My Dad also recently restored an old dorney park sportsman. It was built in the 1970's for evergreen raceway by Ray Earny but was raced at dorney park as well( where I remember it more) It was found by my father in a storage container that it sat in for 35+ years. It has a 358 modified motor, 3 speed trans and a frankland rear. It's a 39 Chevy coupe body on a 57 Chevy frame with a front straight axle as well.

Attachments

Uncle Gump

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead, Follow or get out of my way
That is a pretty cool piece of history...

Dirtman

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
Give me money.
Very cool! Man I miss flemington speedway... lots of fond memories of that place.