• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Should we use our newly purchased Bronco 2 to go back in the rough country to find the nice nudist campsites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Something may of been wrong with yours. Ive never driven a 2.9L anything that wouldnt cruise faster then you really wanted to drive it.
I think its the location. L.A./socal and the deserts and mountains beyond.
Either stop and go traffic, or everyone's going 80+....and bumper to bumper regardless... slow acceleration is dangerous, sometimes impossible to lane change/merge/pass etc unless you got some go. Nobody leaves space or acknowledges your signal. Also nobody ever merges right to let pass.

I would say sub 16 second 1/4 mile minimum. and at least under 8 sec 0-60mph. Better than average brakes help too.

Not a lot of flat stretches, a lot of steep grades.

Even my 4.0 struggles a little up the grapevine loaded with bikes.

oh and also cruising with highway traffic around 80mph is a lot more "violent" in these old trucks than in something more modern.

IMO these things were all underpowered, as were most vehicles of that time...back when 200hp was a lot lol.

The only thing that "hauled ass" back then was the 302/5.0 or GM 4.3L....or that V8 they stuffed in the dodge dakotas. those were awesome fast piles of garbage lol.

Maybe its just me, but the anything smaller than 4.0 can barely get out of its own way. Although I would rather have a 2.9 than a 3.0 lol.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Have seriously considered being a nudist,
but have concluded I can't afford the PostTraumaticPhsychTherapy needed by witnesses!
Meh its not a big deal with all the things you see around here.

Burning man has its own group of nudists...mostly dudes...they wear shirts though because of the harsh climate.

They're called "shirtcocks"

They also have a naked bike ride event, again mostly dudes. My buddy DJ'd the finish line party one year...The crowd went nuts he played "swingtown" lol.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Either stop and go traffic, or everyone's going 80+....and bumper to bumper regardless... slow acceleration is dangerous, sometimes impossible to lane change/merge/pass etc unless you got some go. Nobody leaves space or acknowledges your signal. Also nobody ever merges right to let pass.

I would say sub 16 second 1/4 mile minimum. and at least under 8 sec 0-60mph. Better than average brakes help too.

oh and also cruising with highway traffic around 80mph is a lot more "violent" in these old trucks than in something more modern.

IMO these things were all underpowered, as were most vehicles of that time...back when 200hp was a lot lol.

The only thing that "hauled ass" back then was the 302/5.0 or GM 4.3L....or that V8 they stuffed in the dodge dakotas. those were awesome fast piles of garbage lol.

Maybe its just me, but the anything smaller than 4.0 can barely get out of its own way. Although I would rather have a 2.9 than a 3.0 lol.
Just do what i do in those situations....sit in the right lane with the cruise set at the limit and watch the madness around you.

I drive a semi for a living....everyday i deal with something much, much, slower then a 2.9 and the disrespect of everyone on the freeway. Piss on em'

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17

I think the 2.3 Ecoboost was the first properly powered engine for the Rangers. The others get the job done as long as you aren’t in a hurry to do it. Of course, most around here aren’t driving 80 either. The interstates are a different story but for the rest of the highways, they aren’t usually moving that fast even when they are speeding.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
I think the 2.3 Ecoboost was the first properly powered engine for the Rangers. The others get the job done as long as you aren’t in a hurry to do it. Of course, most around here aren’t driving 80 either. The interstates are a different story but for the rest of the highways, they aren’t usually moving that fast even when they are speeding.
Yep I meant mostly interstates, but there are some highways too at those speeds. But by the time you get that far out of LA the driving becomes more normal, and slower traffic merges right to let pass.

My buddy has a new gen ranger and yea the 2.3 ecoboost gets er done. I could live with it. Not a big fan of 7+ speed transmissions...only because they havent existed long enough to know their worth.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Just do what i do in those situations....sit in the right lane with the cruise set at the limit and watch the madness around you.

I drive a semi for a living....everyday i deal with something much, much, slower then a 2.9 and the disrespect of everyone on the freeway. Piss on em'
That would result in traveling at unsafely slow speeds...Like 1/3 of the speed limit or less.

And take me hours to do a local commute

I have wasted so many hours of my life sitting in L.A. traffic that I don't have the patience of such inefficient travel anymore

I dont need thousands of pounds of fuel burning propulsion, so that it is capable of a high rate of travel, just to go no faster than I can walk.

I dont get what the obsession with the left lane is...They will fight their way as far left as possible just to drive slow.

The guy going 48mph pulling a trailer in the carpool lane with miles of empty road in front and miles of traffic behind is what drives me nuts.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Full disclosure. I seem to have particular bad luck with traffic.

I catch every red light. Always. Every single one.

I get stuck behind that one clueless oblivious idiot that has nowhere to go and all day to get there, no matter when or where I am going. More than one.

So much unnecessary lane changes and braking. cars shooting out of places in all directions across lanes. Pretty much everything but normal driving. Its like they see me coming and pull out anyways.

If its not one thing its another that chokes me back down to walking speed....rush hour, car accident, fire etc you name it...I cant really leave the house or work without a fiasco of some sort.

The other day I was kind of noting stuff and noticed people drive soooo sloooow. Hustle and bustle my ass. City folks got all day.

example, speed limit is 40mph. Light turns green (after long enough for me to put in park and hang out for the red). Takes a good 30 seconds after the green light before I could start moving (only a few cars back). By the time I got to the next red light, I didnt break 25mph. In a 40. There was only a few cars in front of me. Its like they only drive with brake pedal, like its a forklift or something.

Sometimes I'm so far back I cant see the light. Takes a few red/green cycles to get through (just one intersection). That's not even in a rush hour busy city, I just attracted a clusterf!ck in suburbia somehow.

so like a few miles trip could take me 40 mins...long Red light every 1/4 mile or less...do the math.

At first I thought it was just me, but those that travel with me say I have terrible luck with traffic, without my mentioning anything about it.

When my buddy drives his 2016 dodge ram 2500 with a manual trans, the traffic seems to part for him like the seas did for moses. He just rolls along clear sailing.

IDK what it is about this guy, but he has a lucky traffic horseshoe up his ass or something. He says I'm just cursed lol.

The area of the floor mat under my brake pedal is worn through. Only that part.

Thank you for letting me vent. I effing hate driving. Which breaks my heart because I love driving.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to the forums!

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Considering you're nudist, recommend installing some nice cushy SeatCovers (SheepSkin or such)
sure don't want to "mess up" those B2 Seats, like Mama said "just in case you have an accident".
;)
yea, you are not going to catch me sitting on these seats bottomless. drive topless all of the time but never bare bottom.
FYI, all nudists carry a towel for when they sit.
Upside, I don’t think any Bronco II’s came with leather seats.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Upside, I don’t think any Bronco II’s came with leather seats.
Didn't the Eddie Bauer version have them? Or was that just for the explorer?

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Didn't the Eddie Bauer version have them? Or was that just for the explorer?
Just the Explorer as far as I know. My '84 and '86 Eddie Bauer B2's both had cloth seats.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
I think that the old EB B2s had cloth seats with some funky trees and deer woven into a strip in the fabric.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
I think that the old EB B2s had cloth seats with some funky trees and deer woven into a strip in the fabric.
Yep, that's what mine had.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Even with shorts, cloth is the best option over leather and vinyl in my opinion.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Even with shorts, cloth is the best option over leather and vinyl in my opinion.
i dunno... I see big advantages either way. Cloth is definitely more comfortable in extreme temps, both cold and hot. but leather definitely cleans up a heck of a lot easier, and if you have a messy kid (or wife) that is a huge time saver.

AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals