• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Surface Rust? Big Deal?

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Welp, the guy turned out to be a douche, so I am looking elsewhere. Besides I wanted a CC anyway.

He told me yesterday 16,500, but when I counter offered today at 15,500, he offered back at 16,800 and if I used them for financing, I could get it for 16,500.. No thanks.
im in sales, if you want him to drop down, show him your gonna buy it if you get the deal you want. best way to do that is with a cheque in hand. but start low, im talkin 14,000. he will try to work you, but its your money. dont buy till your happy. best way to screw him over, is ask for a new sales man or manager.

that really pissed them off. especially if you go to the manager with the sales person, tell the manager that his sales guys a jackass, and request somebody with knowlage.
:icon_thumby::icon_rofl:

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
im in sales, if you want him to drop down, show him your gonna buy it if you get the deal you want. best way to do that is with a cheque in hand. but start low, im talkin 14,000. he will try to work you, but its your money. dont buy till your happy. best way to screw him over, is ask for a new sales man or manager.

that really pissed them off. especially if you go to the manager with the sales person, tell the manager that his sales guys a jackass, and request somebody with knowlage.
:icon_thumby::icon_rofl:
That's just it. I have a preapproval through a local credit union. I am not asking them to waste time financing or anything. I asked him as soon as he came to talk to me. "If I drive it and like it, can you write me up something with a total out the door so I can take it to the bank?"

He was like, "well it might sell over the weekend if you wait till next week to get it approved."

He made it sound like he didn't want me to test drive unless I committed to buying it. I flat out told him, "look dude, i dont make decisions on a dime"

I told him I really wanted a crew cab, but if the price is right I coould settle. He says, well what if I can get it down to $16,500?

So at this point I am PO'd and ask him for his card and the wife and I leave.

I sent him a text yesterday asking him to email me the interior photos (he had them on ebay but the listing expired). He says he did, but I never got them. He txt'd me today asking if I got them, I told him no, and he said, "well they said they sent, check again." At this point I told him I work six days a week and I would not be home until late tonight... He replies "Or you could just come down here today we close at 4, and check it out again and buy it" WTF dude?!?

So, I found another one 2004 crewcab with the LLY engine (no injector probs) but it has 167K and they want $19500!!! I am thinking of making the trip to try and talk them down, and if I can't going back to this guy and asking for someone else or his manager. If I could get it for $15K I would take it.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
maybe its a chevy thing?

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Could be... I suppose? But, I will find something, from someone who actually wants to sell it.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Be careful of Chevy's with rusty frames - it can be worse than it looks. My grandfather custom ordered a work van several years ago to turn into a cross country cruiser, sort of a rolling bedroom. It turned out pretty cool but it rusted to the point where the rear suspension and frame were so bad it had to be junked after about 5 years. It was unbelievable how quick it happened, plus, Chevrolet didn't even want to hear about it. Terrible treatment, he didn't even get any money for it when he traded it in at the dealer he bought it at.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Hey Justin why don't you just get a superduty you really liked your last one you just got rid of it due to you buying a house. I'm pretty sure Heather liked too right? I'd just go that direction what's your price range? There is one here in town for sale by private owner comes with a plow, very nice looking I can get some pics and a number if your interested. It's around the same year your was. If not that one there are several around at dealerships we have more truck lots than anything around here. Hell come on a weekend we can all get togther and have lunch or dinner some where and catch up on old times.:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals