• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The gun thread...

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Yep it is. If you can get one do it, they are becoming hard to come by(suppliers are behind)
How's the accuracy on it? Better or worse than your Mini14?

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
I don't know. The mini-14,is pretty darn accurate(the scope I have on it has no left/right adjustment, but was on when I mounted it). But for an assault rifle its dead on. Its easy to control(even with shooting them off as fast as I can). The only problem is like I said, when it ejects the shell, it dings them up,bad. My Uncle said it was trying to throw them out to quick. It doesn't bind or jam, but the casings are unusable for re-loading. I will shoot it a bunch and see if it loosens up. As far as simplicity, the gun is amazing. 4 steps and its broke down(field stripped). Simple design that works everytime.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Cool, I've been eying these Kel-tecs too, read good things about them

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Cool, I've been eying these Kel-tecs too, read good things about them
My buddy bought that same rifle. From the moment I first handled it I didn't like it. EVERYTHING is plastic. Even the trigger. It just feels cheap/cheesy and looks even worse in person. It honest felt like if you dropped it, it would break. That being said, I did shoot it and liked the way is shot. It was accurate, and had no failures that I experienced. I didn't put many rounds through it though and he didn't keep it around for very long so I know nothing of it's longevity. I still couldn't see owning one. I'd be hard pressed to give $150 for one. My best advice would be to atleast handle one before you decide to buy it.

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
We should go shooting sometime Sunk. We had a small B2.org shooting get together at Brian's house last weekend and it was pretty fun.
I'd be down for that, but we might have to meet somewhere North a ways, since I'm transferring to Whatcom CC in Bellingham next term... Kinda decided I'm really not ready for the whole 4 year, dorm life dealio (which I kinda already knew), so I'm gonna live friends and live a bit. Maybe Evan's over the summer or something, I know a few of my friends would be totally down with that.

Ok, thread jack over.

I used to be kinda opposed to guns, but I think I'm opening up to them. A buddy of mine recently found an old handgun of his grandpa's... I have no idea what it is, but it's tiny. His dad also has an ancient M-1 that is beastly. I'm a gun noob. :dunno:

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My buddy bought that same rifle. From the moment I first handled it I didn't like it. EVERYTHING is plastic. Even the trigger. It just feels cheap/cheesy and looks even worse in person. It honest felt like if you dropped it, it would break. That being said, I did shoot it and liked the way is shot. It was accurate, and had no failures that I experienced. I didn't put many rounds through it though and he didn't keep it around for very long so I know nothing of it's longevity. I still couldn't see owning one. I'd be hard pressed to give $150 for one. My best advice would be to atleast handle one before you decide to buy it.
Yeah I've heard they feel cheesy but are reliable and shoot well.

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
+1 on that advice. I bought a Ruger P89 years ago(9mm pistol) and lots of people told me I would hate it. Well to this day I can still hit with it. I tried Smith's, Glocks, and a lot of others, but I felt good with the P89. If your comfortable with it, and its decent made, you will shoot well with it...........

Blueox

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I don't know...

I have at least 15 guns and I want more. My favority is a Ruger Super Red in 480. Have shot 3 deer since I got it. They did not move. Fun!

eric17

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
lol you hunt deer with a pistol. on a side not hipoint is a total pile of shit, never shot the 9mm carbine,no offense to whoever posted that, but i had a couple friends buy a hi point handgun, omfg if someone was going to commit suicide the thing would miss point blank, no joke, it looks like a robo cop gun as well, spend like 100 more and but a smith adn wesson 40ve or something a hell of a lot more reliable, one thing i think of before i pay my money on a gun is do i trust my life with this gun or is it some pos thats gonna not work or jam or miss fire, hi point highlighted all of those flaws.

Last edited:

pacodiablo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
lol you hunt deer with a pistol. on a side not hipoint is a total pile of shit, never shot the 9mm carbine,no offense to whoever posted that, but i had a couple friends buy a hi point handgun, omfg if someone was going to commit suicide the thing would miss point blank, no joke, it looks like a robo cop gun as well, spend like 100 more and but a smith adn wesson 40ve or something a hell of a lot more reliable, one thing i think of before i pay my money on a gun is do i trust my life with this gun or is it some pos thats gonna not work or jam or miss fire, hi point highlighted all of those flaws.
Well, the carbine is not the same as their pistols.

Mine has never jammed or had any problems. If it does have some kind of problem, the lifetime warranty will take care of it.

michael bessiere

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6 Pushrod
Transmission
Automatic
Here are mine .40 Springfield Armory XDM and a 12 gauge mossberg shotgun

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Transmission
Automatic
I'd be down for that, but we might have to meet somewhere North a ways, since I'm transferring to Whatcom CC in Bellingham next term... Kinda decided I'm really not ready for the whole 4 year, dorm life dealio (which I kinda already knew), so I'm gonna live friends and live a bit. Maybe Evan's over the summer or something, I know a few of my friends would be totally down with that.
I don't think you can shoot at evans.. but you can at Capitol state forest... which is just outside of Oly. :D

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone else feel a bit paranoid about posting their firearms on the web? I sold all of mine at the last gun show!

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
74duster318

heres the 8mm pics

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals