• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The gun thread...

Carlos Murphy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ak/sks

A few of my buddies have AKs, I'm just not into them, I like the SKS better.
I have a stock Romanian made AK-47 and a Chinese SKS with a compposite folding stock, each with a Red-Dot sight.

Each rifle is in the same 7.62X39 caliber and I shoot only WOLF ammo (cheap).

The SKS is much more comfortable to shoot than the AK and is more accurate, the AK has more recoil and report.

The only negative about the SKS is the aftermarket 30 rnd mags I use, they are a bitch to install because the bolt on the rifle has to be held in the open position manually.

The AK has the same bolt function but the mag is installed in the normal manor with the bolt closed.

GBranger04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i don't have any guns to show you but my brother in law has about 10 i was checkin out on the weekend. he brought his .300 winchester magnum (i think that's what it's called) out to the cabin and i had my first shot of any gun with it. shooting that sucker was one of the greatest feelings i've been introduced to lately and have a new respect and admiration for guns.:drool:

in case you were wondering i was about 1.5 inches low, dead center at 50 yards:headbang:

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
i don't have any guns to show you but my brother in law has about 10 i was checkin out on the weekend. he brought his .300 winchester magnum (i think that's what it's called) out to the cabin and i had my first shot of any gun with it. shooting that sucker was one of the greatest feelings i've been introduced to lately and have a new respect and admiration for guns.:drool:

in case you were wondering i was about 1.5 inches low, dead center at 50 yards:headbang:
Now you know what to do when you cash your next paycheck...:icon_thumby:
________
Lamborghini lma002 history

Last edited:

93ranger420

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

not to sound like a dick, but thats nothing for a 30 cal rifle or a first time shooter, you should really buy a gun though, hell a few, everyone should have guns, the government should be required by law to pass out guns to law abiding citizens :icon_hornsup:

fordktpjoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

I am always glad to hear someone have an enjoyable experience with a firearm!:icon_cheers:

But WOW! first time you EVER shoot, and you pick a .300 Win Mag?

Jesus son....how's yer shoulder?

np205

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
300, not so bad, 338 that kinda hurts, benelli (not spelled right probably) 12 gauge with 3 1/2 in mags semi auto, THAT don't feel good.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My buddy from where I used to work, just told me that Ruger was having a "Inaugural Special", knocking off the price of their Mini-14 20 rd mags down $10. Did a Google and first place that came up had them for $69.99, buy three and then $64.99. Went right to the Ruger site and they wanted $29.99. Watch out for people trying to take your money based on scare tactics. One place had 90 rd drum magazines for $149, think you'll be able to buy them next year?
Dave

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My trigger guard and floor plate arrived for my Savage so it's ready to shoot now. Supposed to go shooting with my buddy and his stepdad last weekend at his range (Never been to a range before) but the damn place was closed due to snow... My .308 comes on friday, I think I'll take my CETME up on hill and see how it shoots.

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Picked my CZ up today. Qualified with it right off the bat. This is 50 rounds @ 15yds. Not bad for my first time shooting it. I really like the gun so far.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Nice, you've got my eying the CZ Compact .40 for when I turn 21 :D
My .308 showed up today, gonna try and get out to shoot it this weekend!

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
i'm not a real gun nut so i have to ask where the CZ(brand?) stands compared to other makes?

MrShanks2U

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Ok...I'll play too! Here's a couple of mine....

Ruger MKIII 22/45

Glock 23

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals