• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by purpony

1. purpony

Dana 35 IFS.... is the axle thats pressed in have sealant?

As the title says.... the Dana 35 IFS, where the axle tube is pressed into the housing, is it a simple press fit or is there sealant in there? I ask because i want to powder coat the housing assembly while its apart and being rebuilt, however, if there is sealant in the joint where there axle...
  2. purpony

What limited slip to use for towing and off-road?

Well i ended up ordering a Eaton gear driven True Trac..... we will see if it like it.
  3. purpony

What limited slip to use for towing and off-road?

I’ve got a Explorer with an 8.8 IRS and an open rear diff. Looking to swap 4.10s and install a rear posi. I’ve been looking at the the Ford Trac lock with carbon clutches, the Yukon Dura Grip / Eaton Posi with clutch’s, and the Eaton gear True Trac. I plan on daily driving , towing, and some...
  4. purpony

thoughts on price

wondering what you guys thought for the price of a ranger. my dads cousin just recently passed and his wife is planning on selling his ranger. its a 1993 supercab 4x2, 3.0, 5 speed manual. 12,000 miles. Yes.... 12,000 miles. Its is nice as the day it rolled off the assembly line. garage kept...
  5. purpony

question for those with Skyjacker extended radius arms-

I was wondering.. when installing the skyjacker extended radius arms with tranny mount... Do you remove the existing factory radius arm cross member? thanks
  6. purpony

t-case locking up? cant drive truck- help

The guy i work with has a 05/06 ranger 4x4. A few times last year he would use 4x4 in the snow and when he got home parked the truck. He would go out in the morning to go to work and the front end was locked up. He would take it in and out of 4x4 and drive and reverse. The back tires would spin...
  7. purpony

those with lockers up front- what in the back? Locker/Posi/Spool?

I am looking at maybe putting a locker up front in my D35. I was just wonderin what others with front lockers run in the rear - Another locker? Posi, or Spool? The truck I am building is going to be a pavement pounder most days but from time to time see some off road adventures. I am thinking...
  8. purpony

Replacement cab mounts - '92.. where to buy?

Im looking for replacement cab mounts for my 92 ranger... anywhere know where to purchase these? The only place i can find them (rears only) are ebay.... I need both front and rear...... anyone know? thanks
  9. purpony

Replacement rear upper shock mounts? where to buy?

I am in need of new replacement upper shock mounted for my 1992 ford ranger. Anyone know where i can purchase these? I have looked all over and have not found anything yet? Probably going to have to build my own- if you know where these can be purchased please let me know. thanks
  10. purpony

coating the frame- what to use??

looking at sand blasting and coating my frame on my 92. I was planning on using POR15, then self etch primer, and then base coat/clear. Then i was thinking... how would a bedliner work, like lineX or rhino line..??? Thinking POR15 then rhino line??? How does that stuff hold up? Would it crack...
  11. purpony

what causes front binding in 4x4?

I was wondering, what causes the front end binding when in 4x4 and taking a corner in say a 9 ranger/ttb front end. Is it due to the front axles having u-joints or the t-case itself? thanks
  12. purpony

difference between 86/87 frame and 89-92 frame?

Not sure where to put this question... so feel free to move it- I was wondering if there is any difference between an 86/87 Ranger 4x4 frame and 89-92 Rnager 4x4 frame. I am asking because i want to buy another ranger to use the frame for my v8 swap. Once i have the frame painted, and the v8...
  13. purpony

using IAC off 5.0- will it work on 2.9

Will an IAC from a 5.0 work on a 2.9? they look the same except the 5.0 plug has a 90 degree bend in it.... anyone try it?
  14. purpony

stumbling idle

I have a 2.9 with 232,000 miles. Truck starts fine (sometimes with a rocker tick that goes away, and sometime no tick) Truck idles fine when cold. Driving the truck runs great. When i come to a stop though it seems like the idle will hang high a little and then fall rapidly to idle.... so far in...
  15. purpony

CLOTH tonneau cover?????????

Does anyone know of any companys that sell CLOTH tonneau covers? Every dodge i see with a tonneau cover has a cloth one. I have searched and searched and cant find any manufactures of these- is this a dodge only item? and if so WHY? the cloth looks so much better then vinyl.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad