• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Ranger1776

1. Ranger1776

Potential dangerous gases?

so i have a hobart mig welder solid core mild steel wire, c25 gas. i wanted to put small rubber feet on the bottom of my pedestal grinder, so it wont move around on the floor... well... the base is cast iron, and i welded mild steel pads to it to mount the rubber to... then i thought well...
  2. Ranger1776

Yellow stuff on mig beads...

I did some final welding on my bike frame, and i am just curious, what are the small yellow puddles that form on top of mig beads sometimes? i couldn't find anything on other forums about it or just doing a blanket google search... heres a pic of a root with two covers with the yellow puddle...
  3. Ranger1776

Appreciative of the Ranger Station

recently made a profile on another site to support my dakota... WOW a whole week without a single response to a question... Makes a guy appreciative of THIS forum! speedy replys, even if someone doenst know the answer they throw out a suggestion... over there? nothing... THANKS RANGER STATION...
  4. Ranger1776

No running lights or dash lights...

while driving home tonight my running lights as well as my dash lights all went out... when i got home i found the fuse and it was fine... What do i do next?! i still have headlights as that is on a separate circuit...
  5. Ranger1776

Lil' Blue Dakota

So my dad has a 1985 dodge w350. we agreed that if i find him a big block i get to put the 360 in my little dodge dakota, well, i found one, a 1970 chrysler 413. im doing some researching and from what i found online, the first generation dakotas only had one 5 speed transmission, and they used...
  6. Ranger1776

"Lil' Blue" Dakota Axle Swap

well. i bought a 1991 dodge dakota 4x2, 2.5 S4, 5 speed, for $150, it was so cheap because the rear end was blown out of it. specifically a previously welded set of spider gears sheared almost all of their teeth... so being the fabricator that i am i got in there with my hobart and stuck them...
  7. Ranger1776

Photochemically reactive paint...

i opened up my own personal fabrication shop, and my favorite paint to use is van sickle enamel... i noticed on the can today that it says "photochemically reactive" what does this mean,is it possible that an IR element could speed up the drying process of this particular paint? and knowledge on...
  8. Ranger1776

2 stage mirrors

looking to see if anyone has converted 2 stage mirrors like the ones on the econoline vans to go on a 94 generation ranger, i dont want them for towing i want them so i can see both the next lane and the rear tire of the truck. dont have to be off an econoline, whatever they could come off that...
  9. Ranger1776

Update on the ranger

havent posted anything in a while, haven't had any real questions to ask, so heres how the truck sits as of now that I finally built a back bumper and I bought a toolbox and put in a 400 watt amp soon to be: Flatbed, Solid Front Axle, Repaint Red, all within the next month or so...
  10. Ranger1776

late 80's full size ford bolt pattern size??

ok, so im looking for a set of these rims, most of the time i see them on late 80's f150's, and i know of a set that are available to me, but i need to know if the bolt pattern size will work, my truck is the 35 up front and the 8.8 in the back... thanks so much, i cant seem to find a list of...
  11. Ranger1776

dealership alignment with spacers installed?

ive been thinking, i heard on here that few shops know how to correctly do an alignment on my beloved TTB, im wondering if my local ford dealer could do it better... ive got the coil dpacers installed and theyd need to get whatever size bushings they would need... they are a full service dealer...
  12. Ranger1776

camber caster bushing questions

just put the coil spacers in my truck, its a 4x4 dana 35, im wondering what size, how many and anything else i need to know to get them and have the truck aligned. i posted one about this a while ago so sorry for the repost, but i still had questions after everyone stopped replying. and i...
  13. Ranger1776

extreme adjustments

i put in my 2" leveling kit today and new coils and shocks...tires lean WAY out... not sure how much adjustment ill be able to get out of them... if i cant find any other way ill just fab up some new brackets for the axle and radius arms... anyone know any alternatives?!
  14. Ranger1776

my winter project (one of them anyways)

it is (or used to be) a 1981 suzuki gs550 with the 31c.i. inline 4 DOHC... im building a bobber out of it, and im wondering if anyone knows about what different types of mufflers and pipes do to the sound, it sounds great at idle, with the mufflers cut off under the foot-peg, but when i rev it...
  15. Ranger1776

Custom Grille Guards

id like to start a thread on custom grille guards, no the cheap ones you buy at the parts store and bolt on, ones that either you have made, or had the welding shop make one up for you, i built mine, waiting for some steel to come in to make one for my dads dakota, and waiting for my buddy to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad