• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rangerboy1986

1. rangerboy1986

New fuel pump still runs like crap

I have a 86 ranger. 2.3L 5 speed 4WD. I have 2 fuel pumps, one in the tank and one on the frame rail. It spits and sputters under load and when driving it at higher RPMs. However if you push the clutch in and rev it up it runs great with no issues. I unhooked the fuel pump on the frame rail and...
  2. rangerboy1986

bucking and sputtering when driving but not when in neutral

Ill start off by saying its a 1986 ranger. 2.3L 4x4 5 speed. when this problem first started i thought it was the clutch slipping since it was the original clutch so i replaced the clutch, flywheel, and throw out bearing with brand new ones. That seemed to fix it for a little bit. within a few...
  3. rangerboy1986

clutch or what

I just got done putting my new clutch, flywheel, throwout bearing, slave cylinder and pressure plate and rear main seal on my 1986 ranger about a week ago.. I changed it because the old one felt like it was slipping bad and i thought maybe oil got on it. I have drove the truck 200 miles and...
  4. rangerboy1986

clutch problem.. need help.

I just replaced the clutch and flywheel on a 1986 ford ranger. 2.3L, 4WD, 5 speed trans. We got the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, etc.. installed correctly. The truck starts up, and goes into gear smooth. Actually it goes into gear easier than before. No grinding or clunking. We bled it like...
  5. rangerboy1986

Firing order question

I have a 86 ranger with a 2.3 and an 88 ranger with a 2.3.. both are the 4 plug lima motors.. The firing order on the 88 is 4-2-1-3 and on the 86 its 1-3-4-2 The 88 runs a little rough at idle but once you drive it its smooth, no misfiring or backfiring or smoking and it has plenty of power...
  6. rangerboy1986

headlight problems

I just bought a 1988 ranger and drove it home a few days ago.. Everything worked fine besides the radio. I took out the factory radio since it didn't work and installed an aftermarket one. Well in the process of chainging the radio i hit the headlight switch knob pretty hard by accident and then...
  7. rangerboy1986

interior wiring help

i took the drivers side door off my ranger and the little door buzzer/dome light switch wires came off. well i cant seem to find the wires inside the fender between all the insulation. since then my radio doesnt work, and neither does the dome light.. even when i turn the light switch to the...
  8. rangerboy1986

new motor, running like crap

my old motor was running great until i sunk the truck in a mud hole and hydrolocked it.. i pulled the motor out and dropped in a used one out of a 1987 ranger/B2.. i never heard it run but the guy said it ran good, no overheating ticks or knocks.. only problem was a broken distributor cap and...
  9. rangerboy1986

what clutch to buy

okay i got my motor out today, im debating about buying a new flywheel or having my old one resurfaced. anyways the motors out and i have to have the clutch ordered by 10am tomorrow to make sure ill have it before saturday. its for a 1990 ranger 2.9 4x4 5 speed on 35 inch swampers. ive found a...
  10. rangerboy1986

ex parts on a ranger

okay my uncle has a 1st gen explorer he said hes scrapping and i can have whatever i want on it :yahoo: . i need new doors thanks to a loose chain knocking a dent in my passenger door, plus mine are missing mirrors.. and i also need fenders, bumpers, and a few interior parts.. my question is...
  11. rangerboy1986

New paint!

well i got my truck back, decided it was time for paint.. Keep in mind im 17 years old and ive NEVER painted a car before. I wanted something completely different.. no camo, no flat black or primer gray like most everyone does themselves. I went to walmart and picked up a can of rustoleum...
  12. rangerboy1986

who remanufactured my engine

i traded a welder for a 2.9 motor yesterday, while i was making sure everything looked good on it i noticed a remanufactured plate on the back left side of the motor. How do i know who remanufactured it and how do i figure out the date it was remanufactured in? :icon_confused:
  13. rangerboy1986

new/used motor question

I bought my 1990 ranger back from my friend :yahoo: , got it for $500.. It needed a motor. The one in it was knocking real bad and it sounded like something came loose internally and it locked the back wheels up going 30 mph.. Anyways, I traded a cheap knockoff lincoln welder for a 2.9 motor...
  14. rangerboy1986

Homemade snorkel

Im gonna make a snorkel on my 90 ranger 2.9 and probably my 86 ranger 2.3 since im always flooding the stock airbox out with the way its made. Im gonna seal up the stock air box, and cut a round hole in the side of it 3" diameter. Everyone says use PVC pipe.. well, how about 3 inch diameter...
  15. rangerboy1986

can someone edit with a lift??

I would like about a 4-6 inch lift with 33" BFG KM2s on black rims if anyone could photoshop it for me. thanks :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad