• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by slownis

1. A/C Chatters/Gobbles at idle

My A/C on my '92 Ford Ranger has a chattering sound at idle. My wife says its like a turkey gobbling. I'm perplexed by this, so I'm going to write down everything I have done. First thing you need to know is that this is not a new problem. Last Summer (summer of '10), I decided to finally...
  2. 1992 Ranger XLT

Hi, My AC hasn't worked since I bought the truck. The previous owner had let it sit for about a year, and said it worked great before then. I can hear it cycling on and off. The compressor kind of growls for a bit, then turns off after a few seconds. I figured I'd start with replacing the...
  3. Check Oil Light not working?

I've got a '92 3.0 XLT with 140,000 miles or so. About 50% of the time when I start it, the oil light comes on and stays lit. The other 50% of the time, it doesn't come on and stays off. The oil gauge is always just below the middle. What is the problem here?:icon_confused:
  4. Fan control knob

I have a '92 long bed Ranger with a 3L V6. The Fan control knob in the dash is stripped or something. I pulled it off the panel and it looks like the inside of the knob is broken, and when you turn it it just spins on the post instead of turning the post. Anyone know where I can get a...
  5. Aftermarket remote door locks don't work

I bought my '92 Ranger last year. The previous owner had an aftermarket remote starter and door lock kit installed professionally. The remote start function works, but when I push unlock or lock on the key fob, the turn signal lights flash but nothing else happens. I narrowed it down to a...
  6. South Dakota Registration

The truck I bought last week (in Texas) is registered in SD, with SD plates. The guy I bought it from is a friend of my wife, who is regarded as a legal expert, although he doesn't have a law degree or anything like that. He said he keeps his cars registered in SD, because he did the research...
  7. Backfires - allmost

I acquired my '92 Ranger last week and have already put some cash into it to make it driveable. It firstly needed a new battery. My next problem is the CEL. I pulled the codes and got 157 and 158, which pointed me to the MAF sensor. I followed the directions on this site and bought some...
  8. Seating config - Bench seats?

I recently acquired a '92 Ranger, regular cab with bucket seats. Since I'm married with kids, I'm interested in changing that to a bench seat to be able to put kids in the middle. Was this even an option on a '92? What options do I have?
  9. New to the Ranger scene

A friend of my wife was trying to get rid of his 1992 truck. It had a dead battery and he didn't feel like messing with it, so 500 bucks later and I have it. So howdy all! One newbie question... How do I know what size engine I have? It says XLT on the side, and it is a V6. I'm poked...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad