• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by WJC97

1. Clutch pedal squeak

Should be an easy one-what's the most common way to solve a squaky clutch on a 97 5-speed? I tried lithium spray around the pivot shaft, but didn't hit the right spot I guess.
  2. '97 charge system problem

My 97 2.3 supercab quit charging last Wednesday. Unfortunately I was 20+ miles from home when the battery light lit and the voltmeter needle dropped (BTW do these trucks have real volmeters, or crappy on/off switches like the oil pressure gauge). Didn't make it home, and the flatbed tow was...
  3. 4-way heater valve hose routing

Well, I goofed up. I changed my heater control valve on my 97 2.3 and didnt take a "before" photo. Now I have a cold motor that won't warm up (temp gauge rises with RPMs) and inconsistent interior heat. I moved the hoses around, but I'm not sure if it's a hose location I goofed up or if there's...
  4. 97 2.3 coolant leak

Man this thing is turning into a money pit already... Anyway I noticed the coolant bottle was empty, and while changing the starter I got a snootfull of coolant drippings from above. :yahoo: It looks like some strange 4-way plastic or bakelite tree connecting the heater hoses from the cab to the...
  5. New starter problem

On the 97 2.3 I just bought, I discovered it needed a starter after hearing tooth grinding on cold morning startup. I bit the bullet and bought a new (not rebuilt)Remy starter. Put it on this morning, pretty easy compared to older Ford starters. (The old one had broken its washer and was about...
  6. 97 Supercab 2.3 driveline clunk

OK, I have the truck in the title with a 5-speed manual. There's a lot of driveline play and clunkiness. With nearly 100K miles I'm assuming it needs a u-joint or two. I'm also assuming that it has the two-piece driveshaft, and there's a center support bearing somewhere that may need attention...
  7. Fuel filler hose repair

Just bought my friend's 97 Ranger, and took it out for a fillup last night. Dumped fuel all over the ground at fill-up, and I see there is a longstanding problem with crap fuel hose on Rangers (I know from experience Ford will let problems fester for 10+ years before fixing them :annoyed:). My...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad