• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 460 swap

. Hopefully I can start my 460/C6 swap into my '93 this week. I have two 460 motors, one than runs from a '70 Lincoln and the other that doesn't run from a '69 Lincoln. I bought the '69 motor mostly because of the complete FEAD on it. It has a short style water pump (there is no crank pulley...
  2. In tank electric fuel pump enough? Just checking...

. 1993 Ranger Swapping in a 460 with a 750 AFB, Stealth intake, D0VE-C heads, and unknown cam (will be as big as I can run). Will the in-tank electric pump keep up with a carbed big block? I'm not seeing any reason why not... but there's a lot of things I don't know :icon_confused: .
  3. Got my new oil pan, now have an installation question...

. My oil pan was delivered yesterday, it's the Fox body 460 pan. Is anyone familiar with installing this oil pan? It comes with a new main cap bolt with threads on it to attach the pick up tube. What is the procedure for removing the current main cap bolt and installing the new one?
  4. How to clean and paint an engine?

. Never done it... so I'm looking for tips and suggestions on how to clean and paint an engine. I know to wire wheel what I can, but how to I prep the engine for paint so the paint sticks well? Do I use primer? Any help is welcome .
  5. How about a quick round of "Name That Part"?

. Engine = 460 What is the thin metal disc in front of the crank sprocket called? Is it reusable? Also while you're here... what's a good way to get the crank sprocket off? The crank is about 7" long there...
  6. Spark knock, detonation, pinging... IDK

. 1996 K1500 Suburban 5.7, 204,000 miles Under hard acceleration I can hear a noise from the engine, sounds kind of like detonation. No engine codes. I got a code about a year ago for an EGR related problem, but never since. Fuel pressure is 55 engine off, 52 engine idling, and 60 if I put...
  7. FLO-TEK aluminum heads?

. Are these any good? Price seems kinda cheap... http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Flo-Tek-S-B-Ford-Aluminum-Heads,46332.html?sc=WGB&utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=GoogleBase&baseNo=7223000#tabcontent .
  8. 1993 4.0 and 3.0 auto the same?

. I have a 1993 automatic transmission from behind a 4.0 A guy I used to work with has a '93 with a 3.0 and needs a transmssion. So, will the auto from a 4.0 swap onto his 3.0? .
  9. 2 piece driveshaft?

Longer 2 piece driveshaft? . 1993 supercab 2wd, had a 4.0 and whatever auto it came with. Swapped in a 302 and an AOD. The AOD is about 4" or so shorter than what was in there. Did some Rangers have a longer front part of the shaft? Other options? Just wondering before I drive 80 miles to...
  10. Pic request: engine crossmember

. I'm looking for pics of the engine crossmember without the engine in the truck. Any years, 2wd or 4x4, any engine... just give a brief description of what came in the truck. I circled the areas I want to see in the following pics... 1993 2wd 4.0
  11. 302, 331, 351w, 393?

. Ok, I'm looking for opinions and advice from people who have run these motors. I'm looking to build a motor, but somewhat on a budget... best bang for the buck style. Considering the cost vs. power of each motor, which would you choose? I'd like to get by with GT40 heads and intake if...
  12. Headers?

.................................................................... .................................................................... .................................................................... ....................................................................
  13. '93 Ranger thread...

. Instead of starting many different threads any time I have a question or make some progress, I'll do it all in this thread instead. About a year ago I bought a '93 supercab Ranger with a blown head gasket on a 4.0 with an auto transmission. The interior of the truck is in decent shape for...
  14. HP and Torque?

. So if a 5.0 HO from a '92 Thunderbird is rated at 200/275 hp/torque, and the '91 Crown Vic motor is rated at 150/270, is the HO motor actually stronger even though the torque is nearly the same? What differences would be noticed if driving each of them in the same vehicle? And while...
  15. '93 tach cluster swap?

. What can I pull a tach cluster from for my '93 Ranger? I see often that the '93 and '94 clusters are listed separately from the the earlier years. Will a '93 or '94 Explorer tach cluster swap into my '93 Ranger? Will it be plug and play? .
  16. Going shopping... will these parts work together?

. I'm going shopping at the pick and pull Sunday to get some parts for my 302 swap and wondering how all this will work together... My engine is a stock '91 speed density Crown Vic motor. This motor is just going to be in the truck for a year or so while I build another motor, but I want to...
  17. Tri-Y's and an AOD?

. Has anybody used tri-y's on a 302 with an AOD? Word on the street is that the tri-y's are too narrow and interfere with the bell housing. I'm wondering what needs done/modified to make them work? I really don't want to use 89500's if I can get some tri-y's to work. .
  18. Crown Vic motors?

. I found a deal where I'm getting 2 Crown Vic motors complete, one is an '88 and the other is a '91, both under 90,000 miles. I'm also getting the computers and all underhood wiring. Some random questions/thoughts... Are these motors good? The tech article says the motor have the correct...
  19. Test fit my motor today... pics!

. I'm finally get started on my '93 Ranger, and wanted to see how the motor would fit. Even though the motor has the wrong oil pan and isn't close to being ready, I still wanted to see how it looked in there... I had this on one end... And this on the other end... So I...
  20. AOD or E4OD?

. This is sort of useless babling and thinking out loud... looking for some opinions... I'm swapping a carbed 460 into my '93 Ranger, but still kind of undecided on which transmission to use. I want an auto with OD. It's a 2wd with a 3.73 rear end ratio and will have ~28" tires on the back...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad