• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. joecool85

3.0 V6 cranks for a while before catching

My 2000 Ranger has the flex fuel 3.0 and sometime within the last year I noticed it is taking longer to catch. It spins over nice and fast (new battery last year), but probably cranks for 3 seconds or so before catching. I know this doesn't seem like long, but it use to catch in 1 or 2...
  2. joecool85

Bolt on repair plate for frame?

I have a small hole in the frame on my Ranger (http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1402955). I am planning on fabricating a repair plate out of 1/8" plate steel and then attaching that to the frame via existing bolts (new bolts actually that would replace the old ones already...
  3. joecool85

Vapor line?

This is a picture online I found but it is of the same spot on my truck. What is the line above the fuel filter? Vapor line? I ask because my is pretty rusty...
  4. joecool85

Rust hole in frame, dangerous?

I was getting ready to undercoat the truck and was banging rust off my frame with a 20oz hammer and found that I have a hole, it's about 1" long (see attached). The metal directly around it seems thin, but within an inch or two it goes back to pretty much normal. Behind this is where the...
  5. joecool85

Simple side exit exhaust

My old muffler was rotted out and I needed something different. I always wanted a side exit exhaust, so now I have one :icon_welder: Jones ATT12S-3 Turbo Tube muffler (2" in and out, not a glass pack) Walker 41959 2" to 2.5" adapter IMCO 548304 as 2.5" tailpipe Walker 36129 and 31372...
  6. joecool85

Weld new muffler to old pipes?

I need to replace the muffler on my 2000 Ford Ranger and need to do it on a budget. I've been reading and all the muffler manufacturers recommend that if the old muffler had been welded on you need to replace the pipes that connect to it (tail pipe and connector pipe). Is this due to length...
  7. joecool85

Squeaky brakes till pressure applied

Last fall I had all of my brakes replaced (discs, pads, calipers in front and drums, shoes and spring kits in the rear). The truck has 156k on it and is a 2000, the old brakes needed replacing and I didn't want to have to fuss with it later on. Since I plan on keeping the truck a while I...
  8. joecool85

Coincidence or did I cause the alternator to fail?

I replaced the bulbs in my dash last weekend. Since then I have driven my truck 3 different days and 82 miles. My alternator died on me yesterday morning. Not charging at all (truck running was @ 11.6v when I realized what was going on). So I turned around and then took the car to work...
  9. joecool85

Dash lights - replace 194s AND 74s?

I'm going to do the lights on my dash, I lost another bulb and now I can't see my fuel gauge, tach or lower half of the speedo...it's interesting driving the truck at night now. So, do I just need to replace the 6 x #194 bulbs or are the 18 or so #74 bulbs important to replace too? I had...
  10. joecool85

Thinking about a new welder - building/modifying small trailer?

I am interested in getting a new welder. I am going to be trying some 5/64" 6013 and 1/16" 7014 (see thread) on my old 50 amp 110v buzz box, but once I get decent with that I'd like to get a better welder and eventually be able to build or repair small utility trailers (3,000lb GTWR and less). I...
  11. joecool85

Ranger Spare used for Trailer Spare?

I have thought about getting a trailer with 225/75/15 tires. If I did, could I use my 235/75/15 truck spare for the trailer as a spare? This way I wouldn't need to buy a spare for the trailer (they never freakin' come with one). I'm not worried about bolt pattern, because most trailers I look...
  12. joecool85

Finned 10" (and 11") drum options, Lincoln?

I have 10" regular drums on my 2000 Ranger and want to go finned. I need 2.803" for the hub center, the Aerostar drums are only 2.538" and won't fit the 1998+ Rangers (someone should make note of this in the Tech Library btw). So I got looking at other 8.8 axles and found the Crown...
  13. joecool85

My Shifter install

So my 4wd motor decided not to let me play in 4 low. It's tough pulling trees with a 3.0 5spd stuck in high range...poor clutch. So, not wanting another complex problem to arise later down the road if I replaced my shift motor (like wiring or the 4wd controller or switch), I decided to go with...
  14. joecool85

4wd lights blinking, disable 4wd controller?

4low stopped working on my truck. I took off the electric tcase motor to clean it up and broke 2 screws that hold the motor to the casing. Anyway, long story short, I'm ordering a Shiftster and will be putting an access panel in the cab to reach it from inside (I'll do a thread about it when...
  15. joecool85

When to replace water pump

My brother's pump died on his 2002 Ram w/4.7 V8 yesterday (on his way from moving from Maine to New Jersey, luckily it broke while in Maine and close to the folks house). He had to fix it on the side of the road in the rain. And by fix I mean replace the water pump. Anyway, it got me...
  16. joecool85

Anyone else like Lit?

c28v_TKh8vs I love these guys.
  17. joecool85

Dorman shackle and bracket vs Ford OEM parts

I need to replace the shackle and bracket on the passenger side of my Ranger and I don't know if Dorman parts are good enough or if I should go with Ford OEM parts. The Dorman parts come with bolts/nuts and would run me $55 for one side, the Ford parts don't come with hardware and would run me...
  18. joecool85

Plastic tailgate handle broke, metal replacement?

I'd like to replace my broken plastic tailgate handle on my 2000 Ranger (stepside bed), can I use the metal handle on LMC? They list both the plastic and metal handles at $14.95...and I'd rather have the black painted metal over the black crappy plastic.
  19. joecool85

Might have to turn to Chevy

As much as I’m a Ford guy, Chevy is the last to offer a small truck with a 5spd transmission. The Colorado can be had with a 2.9 I4, 4×4 Extended Cab and 5spd stick with a 24mpg highway rating. That’s even better than my 3.0 V6 Ranger gets (22mpg)! The current 4×4 Ranger only comes in a 4.0...
  20. joecool85

Something wrong with my truck? Stalled, wouldn't restart till later...

This morning I started my truck, it was 15F outside. I let it run for 10-20 seconds, then took off to go to work. I drove down my 1/8 mile dirt road and when I went to get onto the main road I stalled it. Or I thought I did, the engine went dead anyway and I'm not sure if it was me or the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad