• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Some swap questions

Hello, I think I am finally going to do a 302 swap in a Ranger. Not in my daily driver though, I want to use an extended cab first or second generation Ranger for the swap. Before starting getting parts and everything, I had a few questions. Are those V8 conversion kits worth buying? The...
  2. Cab Lights from the Factory?

Hello all, I have an 88 Ranger with top of cab lights that look factory. Up until tonight, I thought they were just for cosmetic reasons and not functional. Well curiosity got to me and I popped one of them off. I come to find that they have light bulbs in them. Here is a pic of them...
  3. Who would win? Civic -vs- Ranger

Hello, One of my friends and I have been talking for the longest time about racing each other. I don't know if we would actually race or not, but if we did, it would be on a closed course. I am wondering who would win, and more importantly, would my Ranger hold up? The Ranger would be the...
  4. Out of Vehicle Carpet Cleaning

Hello everyone, I figured I'd post a thread for people wanting to thoroughly clean their carpets. If you don't have the money to buy new carpet , and your old carpet is dirty, moldy, and/or smells bad, read this. This cleaning method is based off of the Interior Cleaning tech article, but a...
  5. New carpet

Hello, The carpet in my truck has seen better days. From my cowl overflooding into the cab, along with another leak I can't seem to find, the carpet and padding are in bad shape. I pulled the carpet back and the pad is still wet, and very moldy. I figured I might as well replace both. So...
  6. 1988 Ranger Dual Tanks Problems...

Hello, I have a 1988 Ranger with dual tanks. I don't think the front tank has ever worked, at least since I've owned it. Here's the problem, when I flip the selector switch over, nothing seems to happen. The fuel level will stay the same, and it seems to continue drawing fuel from the rear...
  7. Water in the cab

Hello, I have been having water enter my cab. I took this site's advice on seeing if there was buildup of dirt and debris in the cowl. There was a lot of it! Well that solved half of the problem. The padding stuff on the firewall inside the cab is not wet anymore. However, the floor is...
  8. Water temp gauge questions...

Hello, I just installed my mechanical water temp gauge, it's great. Everyone of you guys were right about installing a mechanical gauge. I have some questions about it though. Where should I attach the positive lead for the back light and where should I attach the ground? What temp should...
  9. Water temp gauge question...

Hello, I just picked up a new water temp gauge today and installed it, man is it great! But, I want to know where to connect the leads for the back lighting. What do I connect the positive lead for the light to? What would a good ground be? Thanks
  10. Surging and High Idle Problem

Hello, Ever since I bought this truck (1988 Ranger 2.9L), I've had idle issues. It usually idles pretty high (1000-1200 RPM when warm) and it surges a little. Also, sometimes when I am backing out of a space, it stalls without warning, but restarts fine. Also, when I am driving it and shut if...
  11. Fixing a windshield leak...

Hello, Well my windshield seems to leak. Is there anything I can do to stop it, or do I need a professional? How would I go about fixing the leak? Thanks
  12. 88 Ranger paint request

Hello, I would like to see how a satin olive green finish and a two tone satin olive green with a satin brown finish or something of that nature. I am keeping the cap on so if you could also do the same with the cap, that would be great. Thank you very much
  13. Just cut my thumb....

Hello all, I was cutting something when my knife slipped and slit my thumb open...bleeding like a mofo. What should I do besides applying pressure to the cut?
  14. Clearing blockages in Radiator...

Hello, Well some jackoff put some radiator stop leak in the radiator, and when I went and did the water pump last year, the draincock wouldn't allow anything out. It had a huge buildup of stop leak. So the question is how would I clear this blockage? Another question, where would I mount the...
  15. Wet Passenger Floor...

I know this question has probably been asked a thousand times, but.... My passenger side floor gets soaked every time it rains. It occurs only on the passenger side. The firewall padding is also wet. Any ideas where it could be leaking water into the cab? And how do I repair the leaks?
  16. Removing a seized screw?

Hello, I cannot get the speaker grill on the dash on the driver's side. does anyone know how to get a seized screw out? I can't put down any torque because of the limited space. Thanks.
  17. Speaker adapter

Hello, Does anyone know of a place to get 6x9 to 5x7 speaker adapters? I bought a 6x9 enclosure for some 5x7 speakers I bought earlier in the week, thinking the box on the speakers said fits 6x9 openings, when it really said fits 6x8. Thanks
  18. Speaker adapter...HELP

Hello everyone, I need to find some 6x9 to 5x7 speaker adapters. I don't know of anywhere that sells them. Thanks for your help
  19. Got it running(This time for real though)

I got it running for good now! My mechanic came out and we noticed it was getting weak spark at the coil. He said this could be the cause of the fuel not igniting, which also makes it look like a flooded condition. Well it was the coil! I bought a new one, installed it, and she fired right...
  20. Got it running again!!!!

Well it's been 3 months since my Ranger ran, and it's running again!!! I had a mechanic we knew come by and he checked and verified a few things. He noticed it was flooding, and all he did was disconnect the fuel pump relay and he had me go to clear flood mode and tried to start it. He...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad