• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. hard to shift into gear

I have a 1994 Ranger with 4.0 engine. Ever since I've owned the truck it's been fairly hard to put the shifter into each gear. I know it's not a hydraulic clutch problem because I've done a couple clutch kits, master and slave cylinders on it and it has never changed the way the shifter locks...
  2. no accel past certain point on gas

i just put a long block 4.0 ohv into my 94 ranger and everything checks out except for one thing. i have no power past a certain point on the throttle. I'll get decent acceleration to about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way on the gas pedal, about what you'd expect for not flooring it. Then, when i hit that...
  3. new 4.0 ohv long block, no oil pressure

i just put a long block into my 1994 ranger 4.0 ohv, and i put everything back together and go to start it and there's no oil pressure. i took the oil filter out and removed the fuel pump relay so it wouldn't start and just cranked it. no oil coming out of the oil filter housing. any ideas on...
  4. 4.0 OHV hoist points?

I have a 1994 Ranger with 4.0 OHV. I'm putting a long block in later this week. I've been looking under the hood and can locate any hooks or brackets to attach chains to so I can lift the motor out of the truck. Where can I attach the hoist at? Pictures would be helpful :)
  5. codes 411 and 412

I have a 1994 ranger 4.0L and recently using a genysis scan tool I ran a KOER test and received two codes. 411 412 What do these codes mean and how do I go about fixing the problem if any? The truck seems to be running ok, just trying to keep it in good working order.
  6. how to prime 4.0 long block?

putting a 4.0 long block in my 94 ranger. just wandering how do you prime this engine since it doesn't have a distributor.
  7. coil springs

i own a 1994 ranger, 4x4 4.0L, 125 in wheelbase. all i want to know is what size are the retaining bolts on the front coil springs
  8. extension housing gasket?

i own a 1994 ranger, 4x4 with 4.0 liter motor. i wanna put another transfer case into my truck. i've been looking on sites like rockauto.com for an extension housing gasket and it only ever has it under automatic transmissions. i have a 5-speed manual. is it only the automatic tranny's the...
  9. cylinder misfire

frequent reader, this is my first time post though. i own a 1994 ranger 4x4 xlt, with the 4.0 liter OHV motor. im getting a misfire in the #4 cylinder, and yet im not throwing a check engine light or getting any codes. i've replaced coil pack, wires, and plugs and it's still misfiring, obviously...
  10. my speedometer

i own a 1994 4.0L and my speedometer is vibrating a little from 0-65 mph, and then after that it just bounces from 65-85 mph. i've already replaced and lubed the speed cable and the VSS. what else could it be?
  11. weird noise

i own a 1994 ford ranger xlt and there is a weird noise that sounds like a spoon rattleing inside a tin can, but it only sounds when im starting the truck moving in first gear. it sounds like it's coming from the 4x4 casing but i can't be entirely sure. any ideas?
  12. weird rattling noise...

i own a 1994 ranger xlt 4x4 and the man i bought it from replaced the clutch and slave cylinder on his own and messed it up somehow because im constantly having the refill the clutch fluid with dot 3. well whenever i get the truck to start moving by engaging the clutch and accelerator pedals, it...
  13. Ecu??

i have a 1994 ranger and i was wandering where would u find the ECU?
  14. engine swap

hey everyone, i was just wandering, what is a good v-8 engine swap for my 1994 ford ranger XLT. i currently have a 4.0L V6. also, where is a good place to look for one to purchase? thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad