• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Chopped Top B2 on Wagoneer chassis

crisd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Picture of the plate welded over the welded seam where the frame section was spliced. 14mm bolts will go where you see the holes.

Attachments

crisd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
If anyone has any specific questions I'd be happy to answer.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I had the entire chassis, engine, suspension, drivetrain dry ice blasted. Not worth it :-(
Why did you consider dry ice not worth it?
I have a very rusty pinto I'm going to be working on. Was considering ice, soda, and sand. I don't have personal experience with any. My racetruck was sandblasted but not the body panels.

crisd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Why did you consider dry ice not worth it?
I have a very rusty pinto I'm going to be working on. Was considering ice, soda, and sand. I don't have personal experience with any. My racetruck was sandblasted but not the body panels.
I had watched some videos where the underbodies of a Porsche, an Audi and an old Ranger were dry ice blasted and I was impressed. Those cars had a lot of grime and crud that didn't wash off in the video but came right off with the dry ice blasting so I was excited to have it done. Not even half the crud was removed from mine and it still looked like crap. I believe I could have rented a steam blaster and got better results for a fraction of the price paid getting dry ice blasted. As far as rust, dry ice blasting will NOT remove rust. For that I would recommend the soda blasting. Sand blasting can easily warp body panels if not done properly but will remove a lot of material really fast. It will also create a LOT of heat so be careful.

crisd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So I can build my own roll cage or hit the easy button and order one... does anyone have any suggestions?

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
So I can build my own roll cage or hit the easy button and order one... does anyone have any suggestions?
So, I don’t know of any place to buy a Bronco II roll cage. Jegs does sell a Ranger cage which will fit in the BII, and that’s what I did with my choptop. I’m modifying it to meet what I want, IIRC it’s 1-5/8” tube though which seems to be a slightly odd size around here. Of course, none of the local Fab shops seem to own a tubing bender either for some strange reason. I bought my own bender and a 180* 1-5/8” die set for it so I can make what I need (JD squared model 32). Technically since I was buying the bender I could have made the entire cage, but what Jegs was selling the cage for at the time plus shipping was less than I would have spent buying all the steel locally, so it made sense to me to start with that and build from there.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If you plan on racing look at the rules for cages. Specifically the tube size. My class I need 1.75".

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals