• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

(moved) 84' XLT Project

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
Installing this once I get the new frame, gonna make a bracket for it. This will be on the front of the frame.

Last edited:

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
doesn't look like I gonna get to the junkyard, Jason isnt home right now and probably be home late.... damnit....

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
yeah, no yard, might hinder mom into taking me, but she wants me to get a job first, and its kinda hard to get a job without transit to GET that job.

Might go to Wally World and pickup some field-bugspray for my yard, workin on the truck is hard with that many bugs flyin around, might get the ones that you burn.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
One way to get rid of the bugs, get rid if the grass, cut it down to nothing or burn it away. When I got my job , McDonalds is where I work, I was getting rides for 3 weeks before I was able to drive my truck, had to save money to get my truck insured and plated. I may only be making min. wage but it is better then what I was making and that was nothing, and now I have money to do what I want to my truck, slowly but surely that is.

As far as going to the JY, I love to do that, I get a discount due to me going there often. Next time I go is to get 63 inch chevy leaves and if they have any on a truck, car, etc.... a set of fog lights.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
For Jobs, tryin out at KFC, and getting an app from McDicks on Wednesday. I went to the Junkyard, and none of the junkyards here in my area are walk-around, too much of an issue with insurance aparently.... and this one did not have the ANY first gen Bronco's or Rangers..... wth?

Now, as for deals... hehehe, I went to the outlet with Jason today, and got a goody for myself.... a Craftsman Orbital 6" Sander for metal, as in vehicles.... =) $26.50 with tax, it was a display item at a store, and it still had the PVC pipe on the bottom end of it, removed it all and tested it at Jason's house.

The store owner told us we could take it home and test it, and if it worked and we wanted it, we could stop by later in the week and pay for it. It works, and I like it, need to go to Advanced Autos and get the right pads though. Got Rustoleum Primer too! and some black paint.

BTW, my white enamel paint removed my black akrylic paint!!!! NOOOO! (tried outlining the FORD letters on the tailgate because I was bored, ended up wasting the can on the truck because I was bored, gotta clean it up anyways, might as well have fun!)

Uploading a lot of pics here soon, gotta remove em from the camera videos =P OH, will be posting up the sound my truck makes when its attempting to start up.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant

Started Out Chargin the Battery:

Old Battery:

I installed the newer, but still old battery that actually had a charge in it when I put her in, SOO much corrosion, we were able to slide the wires off the poles.....

Made the same sound for the 5 times I tried it, and each try was at a minimum of 8 minutes between tries.
Link to Engine Sound: http://tinypic.com/m/atp45j/4

Tried Spray Painting Back FORD Letters on the Tailgate: FAIL!

Had Fun With the rest since it was useless:

Now, I still had airisol in the can, so I did a redneck pressure release!

Now, When I go Paint this sucker, I am gonna be usin my pressure washer:

Using these paints:

AND using this Electrical System with the fuse box shown! (we turn electric on and off using it):

And I am gonna be using this little gal I picked up at the outlet for $26.50 New and Never Used, to clean her up after I washer old One Eye.

Going to put her to the test on Wednesday, when Jason comes over, we get the right sand pads, and etc. Then followed by moving the truck farther from the barn so we can work with the far fender, and remove it, then we work on renewin a fender!

Might get more done if we have time....

Lets see, more to come a little later...

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
by the way, the reason there is bird shit on my truck is because there ate electric lines above and it and birds love trucks.... >.>

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
damn, woke up from about an hour of sleeping and find my legs itch, look down and see BOTH of my legs have misquito bites.. on the back too..... damnit.... hard to lie down without them rubbing against somethin.... clothes, blankets, etc.....

workdog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice find on that sander!

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
Last edited:

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
going out today, after my mom leaves, here in about 1/2 an hour to use the sander on the roof for a test run. Might clean up the back bumper too, also work on cleaming up something for fun, like removing the rust from the rims, and usin primer on them.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
Alright, got done with the truck about 2 hours ago, spent an hour cleaning, setting up, working, painting, painting more, and cleaning up.

Posting images when I grab them off the camera, be about 20 minutes.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
Went to the outlet to pay for the sander, and get Jason's propane-weed wacker.

Went to Advanced Auto's to test my batteries, and get some sanding supplies, was lookin at some lights.

etc. Ordered in from first to last

My redneck sanding fix

Did some cleaning using that drill piece:

Put on some primer:

Did a quick paintjob using a single can of black gloss:

Need to finish the tailgate up:

Here is some pose shots of the truck so far:

More to come soon!

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I cant stop lookin at the pose shots, this truck is lookin better than ever!

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
Gonna be chargin the battery tomorrow, gettin an early start since its gonna be rainin, and I dont have to work cuz of it WOOHOO!

I am going to see my girl tomorrow at around 12 or so, and I am going to be getting up around 5 to get out, charge that battery, and get that truck started tomorrow.

I have to charge it at 40AMP for 73 minutes.... 1 problem... I have a charger that does a 2AMP, 10AMP, and a 50AMP start. Which one should I use, and how long should I charge it? I want it to last, I was lucky it was in good condition, it was low on charge, purchased in 2006, and I think the previous battery in my Ranger.

Its a NAPA Sure Start. Expires in August 2006. still works according to Autozone =P

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals