• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My idea of a Shelby Ranger if there would have been one.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No problem Josh! I have to ask though Why do you want to dual tank it? If you need some help on your truck let me know I'll come down and help you out..

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I need to do this hitch. Looking at making a camper out of my old bed to pull to car shows. I need a hitch on my truck but I don't want to see it when I'm not using it. Nice!
I am thinking on doing the same thing with two beds and tandem axles.. there is a mock up picture soo..mewhere on my thread... I will call it the Sanke Pit if I build it..

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
No problem Josh! I have to ask though Why do you want to dual tank it? If you need some help on your truck let me know I'll come down and help you out..
Not planning to dual tank. I found that my tank was rotted out. I want the space on that side of the truck to run my dual exhaust, and wanted to move more weight to the rear of the truck to help with weight and balance (going to 5.0L). So while brain storming on what to do about a tank I setteled on the idea of a running a BII tank behind the axle, with the filler for it in the same location as a factory dual tank Ranger's rear tank filler. It's cheaper than a fuel cell, and can be made to accept the explorer's in-tank fuel system components. I'll give me larger range due to greater capacity, which will also add weight to the back helping with traction. That said I think I've decided to stick with a rear bumper. It'll go better in the overall sleeper look I want to achieve, though the 17" Mach 1 wheels may kill that idea.

I am thinking on doing the same thing with two beds and tandem axles.. there is a mock up picture soo..mewhere on my thread... I will call it the Sanke Pit if I build it..
Refering to this post? The Snake Pit

Here is a site I found for the white Hvac face place. I don't like the gauge faces but the HVac seems worthy.. I am going to order soon..
http://www.whitegauges.net/categories/Ford/Ranger/1989%252d1992/
Don't know if I'd run that without match white face gauges (or did you do that already). Either way I think the white face gauges and HVAC panel would look great in your truck. Personally I like the black, but would get their silver ones (brushed or metallic) for my first gen if they had matching HVAC panel, only in white though. What I really want is a custom filter for the warning lights in the center of the first gen dash, add my own warning lights to match the engine swap.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not planning to dual tank. I found that my tank was rotted out. I want the space on that side of the truck to run my dual exhaust, and wanted to move more weight to the rear of the truck to help with weight and balance (going to 5.0L). So while brain storming on what to do about a tank I setteled on the idea of a running a BII tank behind the axle, with the filler for it in the same location as a factory dual tank Ranger's rear tank filler. It's cheaper than a fuel cell, and can be made to accept the explorer's in-tank fuel system components. I'll give me larger range due to greater capacity, which will also add weight to the back helping with traction. That said I think I've decided to stick with a rear bumper. It'll go better in the overall sleeper look I want to achieve, though the 17" Mach 1 wheels may kill that idea.

It takes a lot of weight to hold the backend with a 4.0 so I doubt you could enough for a 5.0. I had dual evhaust on my other ranger so the stock tank location should be somewhat ok but yeah a bumper would add to the sleeper look.

Refering to this post? The Snake Pit

That is the post!!

Don't know if I'd run that without match white face gauges (or did you do that already). Either way I think the white face gauges and HVAC panel would look great in your truck. Personally I like the black, but would get their silver ones (brushed or metallic) for my first gen if they had matching HVAC panel, only in white though. What I really want is a custom filter for the warning lights in the center of the first gen dash, add my own warning lights to match the engine swap.
I have added the white face on the guages already so all i am missing is the HVAC. I ordered it Friday though!!

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
It takes a lot of weight to hold the backend with a 4.0 so I doubt you could enough for a 5.0. I had dual evhaust on my other ranger so the stock tank location should be somewhat ok but yeah a bumper would add to the sleeper look.
I had true duals on my 84 2.8L so I know it can be done with a stock tank. Plan is to have driver exhaust running down driver side, passenger down passenger side. There will be an x-pipe over the drive shaft somewhere forward of the axle. And each pipe will exit at a 45 degree angle at each back corner of the bed. As for the weight thing I guess I really said that wrong, it's really more of overall weight and balance on the truck than it is for traction although with the proper suspension set-up it'll help with that as well. I know I'll never be a a 50/50 weight distribution but the closer I can get the better. If I can move 140 lbs (approximate weight of full 23 gallon gas tank) to centered behind the axle that's gotta help a little right? Need to find a place around here with scales so I can do a true weight and balance on the truck.

That is the post!!
Like you snake pit idea. I may make a matching trailer for my truck if I end up with a spare bed, but it wouldn't be dual axle and would be more of a utility trailer. One of the supports at the back of my bed is bout rotted out thanks to a shot tail pipe and the top edges of the bed are beat up pretty good, so I'm on the look out for a nicer one.

I have added the white face on the guages already so all i am missing is the HVAC. I ordered it Friday though!!
Though you might have, but didn't feel like looking back through the entire thread to find it.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I finally got back to work on the ole girl... Here is a few things with more to come.. I think these few little jewels make it more Shelby. It is fun as crap to Shift!!

Added the AC control panel in White to match the guages. Also Added an Air/Fuel guage!!

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
When did you change the seats ??? I could have sworn you have a dark grey or black set.

Robert

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Also Found a Brand new Ford MAF on Ebay for 60 bucks! Bought it and put it on. Truck runs super good now... Had a miss that is gone after installing it!!! It's been averaging a tad over 20 MPG. I am hoping to get a little better now! Well see.. Still have more parts coming!!! Oh also discovered the seal on the K&N airfilter is cracked and letting dirt by... I think they have a lifetime warranty???

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
When did you change the seats ??? I could have sworn you have a dark grey or black set. Robert
You are correct I had crossfire seats. I changed them about a year ago... The CF seats were too big.. Would be awesome in a ext cab. First 100 bucks can have them....

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Glad to see that you are still here, havent heard from you in forever.

You sure did let her get messy, hope you get to cleaning her soon too.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Glad to see that you are still here, havent heard from you in forever.

You sure did let her get messy, hope you get to cleaning her soon too.
I pop in every now and then to see whats going on with everyone.. Yep she is messy but that is what spring pollen and lack of time to clean on her does.. I'll clean her up in the next week or so when I get ready to head on a week long road trip!!

Silver talon84

May 2010 STOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Glad to hear your still tinkering man! And good to hear the truck is running well too! I've got my truck dug out of the garage and over to my dads shop to finish it up. Check out my build thread. Got some more pics and updates to post too. Im hoping to have it running with in 2 weeks, but we shall see!

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Brian!!! Welcome back Sir!! Well I got the rest of the parts in So we are breathing a little easier now.. Also K&N sent me a new filter to replace the old one with the blown gasket. They are awesome to deal with!! I'll post up a few pics later when I get home... The truck is running sooooo awesome.. The torque is amazing and she is very fast.. Gas milage seems good but I have been playing too much to see how it is really doing but even playin it gets at minimum 20..

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
You are correct I had crossfire seats. I changed them about a year ago... The CF seats were too big.. Would be awesome in a ext cab. First 100 bucks can have them....

I really wish you were closer multi... I happen to have an extended cab:D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals