• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My idea of a Shelby Ranger if there would have been one.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Me too multi.

I believe my dash is exactly the same as yours. Sans airbag and all that. I did get my wheel in and I am really happy with it. I didn't have a steering wheel puller so I had to make my own but it went in pretty easily. I would definitely spend the $10 and rent a proper puller though, that would have cut the time in half at the least.

What do you need help with?
Did you have to modify anything? Mine is rubbing the hell out of the black cover around the colum... I got a new adapter and wheel.. The old one was the same on both my 89 and 90.. I had to add washers to get it off the cover.. I loosened the bolts on the linkage under the hood and had the girlfriend to pull back on the wheel.. It moved but didn't stay..

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
Mine rubs a little bit too, but it only really make a little squeak every once ad a while. It may have something to do with the cover being a little warped from year in the sun if I had to guess. I was thinking of grinding down the edge of the black disc to stop the rubbing. That's probably the easiest way to fix it. Are all the attachment points of you column cover still in good shape? Might be a place to start.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Mine rubs a little bit too, but it only really make a little squeak every once ad a while. It may have something to do with the cover being a little warped from year in the sun if I had to guess. I was thinking of grinding down the edge of the black disc to stop the rubbing. That's probably the easiest way to fix it. Are all the attachment points of you column cover still in good shape? Might be a place to start.
Everything is good as far as the colum goes.. The black disk is rubbing the plastic trim piece around the colum.. if I take the trim piece off it's fine.. The squeak may be from the horn ring in the wheel adapter where it makes contact. I used some silicone for plug boots to lube it up a little.. mine had a squeak till I did that.. But mine is cutting into the trim.. if I drive very far I get black dust on my leg from it.. Thanks for the help on this buddy!!

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Mine was hitting the column cover too. I had to grind a little off the black disc and it was all good. :icon_thumby:

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
Everything is good as far as the colum goes.. The black disk is rubbing the plastic trim piece around the colum.. if I take the trim piece off it's fine.. The squeak may be from the horn ring in the wheel adapter where it makes contact. I used some silicone for plug boots to lube it up a little.. mine had a squeak till I did that.. But mine is cutting into the trim.. if I drive very far I get black dust on my leg from it.. Thanks for the help on this buddy!!
Want to toss up a pic multi? They speak a thousand words.

Might be able to think of something clever with a bit of visuals:icon_idea:

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Mine was hitting the column cover too. I had to grind a little off the black disc and it was all good. :icon_thumby:
Want to toss up a pic multi? They speak a thousand words.

Might be able to think of something clever with a bit of visuals:icon_idea:
I'll lake a pic after work today and post it up.. Seems like since all three of our trucks are rubbing grinding the black disk is the answer though.. But before I do anything I am going to wait on your reply...

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Spent all day Saturday running around the JY.. Based on reading TheTwanksta's page I got a BroncoII rear sway bar.. Paid 16 bucks for it and all the hardware.. There is one more left if anyone wants one and can go get it.. Going to install it tonight!! I am hoping to eliminate the little body roll it has left.. I'd like to get urathane bushings for it and the front if they are available... All other bushings are already converted.. The Swaybar I bought came off an 86 so I hope all is good with that old of a model.. It looked just as small till I used an adjustable wrench to see there was a difference in size..

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Spent all day Saturday running around the JY.. Based on reading TheTwanksta's page I got a BroncoII rear sway bar.. Paid 16 bucks for it and all the hardware.. There is one more left if anyone wants one and can go get it.. Going to install it tonight!! I am hoping to eliminate the little body roll it has left.. I'd like to get urathane bushings for it and the front if they are available... All other bushings are already converted.. The Swaybar I bought came off an 86 so I hope all is good with that old of a model.. It looked just as small till I used an adjustable wrench to see there was a difference in size..
I though the 1" sway bar was only on the 89-90 BII's, but I could be wrong.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I though the 1" sway bar was only on the 89-90 BII's, but I could be wrong.
I just went out on google looking for bushings... From what I saw All year model BIIs came with a 7/8 bar???? either way it's still bigger than the Ranger

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Here's a pic of the BroncoII and the Ranger swaybar.... no big deal.. Installed the BroncoII in no time!! I used the Ranger end links.. I found James Duff has a bushing kit but ddin't order cause shipping is a tad bit on the high side.. I like to save money when I can...

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
Your cover looks tight multi. It would appear as the obvious sign is that disk needs to a little bit smaller around. To the grinding wheel with you!

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Your cover looks tight multi. It would appear as the obvious sign is that disk needs to a little bit smaller around. To the grinding wheel with you!
I figured as much.. I just dont get why Grant doesn't fix the issue with a design change...

TheTwanksta

09/12 07/13 STOTM
Article Contributor
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Here's a pic of the BroncoII and the Ranger swaybar.... no big deal.. Installed the BroncoII in no time!! I used the Ranger end links.. I found James Duff has a bushing kit but ddin't order cause shipping is a tad bit on the high side.. I like to save money when I can...
That may be the 7/8" bar like you mentioned. The 1" bars are a little harder to find. Keep looking! Trust me, it makes a difference! :icon_cheers:

Have you been able to drive it since installing this one? Feel any different?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals