• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The RangerStation are Nazis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
I durasparked my 83 ranger after it was exempt from emission inspection. Still have the air pump and cat in working condition. The rear half of the cat was destroyed from bad valve guide seals due to oil in the exhaust. My exhaust guy cut the muffeler apart when he put the new one in to show me and pulled the cat off to shake the crap out . I was amazed how good of condition the front half was on the cat. I kinna want to see how close it comes to passing emissions $20 isnt that much money to run it thru but dont know if I can do it or if it fails will I be able to liscense it.

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
My exhaust has been dragging for 4k miles......... pretty good spark show at night. I don't need to sue trs because i don't care about the shape of my work truck. This thread has been wishy washy since it started....... time to man up and shut up or go back to being nazi's.

Because in each post I read everybodies trying to push the envelope just a little bit farther and wincing at when the next ban will come......... whatever man, No balls either direction.

Indecision is a decision within itself.

My truck, my rules, your site, your rules, untill I hit the little red X at the top right hand corner. At which point no ones opinion and no federal law can stop me from exercising my expression as an individual any direction I please...... granted I may add an extra CAT, but I doubt it.

Frank

BTW: If you have to ask someones opinion on what you should do with your CAT, or how to remove it, I'm guessing you are incapable of changing your own oil, and pouring pi## out of a boot. If you are that indecisive do you really think you should break federal law in the name of a couple hp that you don't even comprehend on a realistic level? because I'm guessing AAA had to fix your last flat tire and you don't belong under or in a vehicle.

But hey........ that's just me.

Last edited:

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
I get so sick of people throwing the word 'Nazi' around to make a point, when it's clear by their usage and context that they don't have a fuc#ing CLUE what a Nazi was.

Find a new meme, ALL of you.

:annoyed:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
What Jim said.....

We all drive above the speed limit....it's still illegal to do so, and is not advised by anyone with regards to 'safety/health' etc.

I'll admit.... I have gutted cats and an O2 sensor bypass jury rigged in..... But it's only there as a temp fix for clogged cats until I do a total rework of the exhaust system. Most places are either doing emissions testing, or will be in the foreseeable future. If you have cat issues, replace it with an aftermarket high flow.... Your still legal, still getting as good of performance as possible and no CEL.
I don't drive above the speed limit....

My F-150 has trouble just getting to the speed limit, lulz!

Jokes aside (although my F-150 is slow and I really don't care, I'm not in a hurry), removing cats is stupid on newer vehicles because newer vehicles have been configured to run WITH the cat. If you take it off a vehicle that was designed to work with one, its gonna be tough to make it run right again. Especially since everything is computer controlled now. IMHO, it's about as stupid as people with a 3.0L motor that want to run dual straight pipes 3" in diameter because it's "cool." No, you're going to make it run like crap. If you put a carb'd 460 in the truck and run dual straight pipes, it might run good - but that's because you're ditching the computer controls and going back to the basics.

I had my exhaust fall off at one point, it broke off right behind the cat. Sounded really cool.... for about the first 10 minutes.... after that I was stuffing earplugs in because I couldn't stand the racket anymore and the next day I was shopping for parts to fix it. I'd like to keep what hearing I have left.

d112crzy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Isn't there an agreement to joining this forum that says TRS or its members aren't liable for ANYTHING you do? Pretty sure that'd be enough to stop from being sued.

Also, there are forums out there for marijuana. They talk about growing, selling and breeding. I know because my brother is on them. They've never gotten in trouble and I doubt they will. Though, I'm sure LEO's frequent just to see if they can get info on local activities.

Also, the OP is asking on how to fix the CEL, or remove it after he's removed his cat. Not HOW to remove the cat.

I don't care either way, but I do think it's rather shitty you guys not wanting to talk about it out of "fear" of getting in trouble. People can come back and blame all they want. As soon as they start getting annoying or causing problems, all that's needed is a few clicks.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
there are forums out there for marijuana. They talk about growing, selling and breeding
that would be like the guy in the def-leppard wife beater calling the maitre'd a nazi, having a pot-head, white guy with dread locks wearing a bob marly t-shirt, agreeing with him saying "yeah these guys are fascists, other restaurants let us dress this way".......but trs isn't mcdonalds

your brother is on those pot forums.....right

Isn't there an agreement to joining this forum that says TRS or its members aren't liable for ANYTHING you do? Pretty sure that'd be enough to stop from being sued.
like i said in my first post "trs isn't some guy in his basement"......like most pot-head forum admins are

they won't get sued because they have nothing, (would you sue a guy in his basement with his bong? or would you sue a guy that has built a legitimate business for more than 10 years?) and not to mention, unlike a pot forum. the entire premise of trs is not based on breaking the law as would be with a drug-related forum

and lastly messing with cats is a federal offense........growing pot by itself is a state offense at best unless you grow or posess "drug-lord" quantities, or transport it across state lines

Last edited:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
There is, and you'd think so, but with the current sad state of the US justice and legal systems, agreeing to a disclaimer does little to protect the business man these days.

Also, the OP is asking on how to fix the CEL, or remove it after he's removed his cat. Not HOW to remove the cat.
Well, the OP also didn't post his location. For myself and many other professional mechanics in various parts of the country who do in fact know how to do this, disseminating said information to someone in our area could result in license suspensions and +$10,000 in fines if we get caught.

The wording of the original question also seemed (to me at least) as if he may not have done it yet and was waiting to find out how to kill the CEL before he did it.

d112crzy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
looks like the guy in the wife beater calling the maitre'd a nazi has a pot-head agreeing with him saying "yeah these guys are fascists"

your brother is on those pot forums.....right

like i said in my first post "trs isn't some guy in his basement"......like most pot-head forum admins are

they won't get sued because they have nothing, (would you sue a guy in his basement with his bong? or would you sue a guy that has built a legitimate business for more than 10 years?) and not to mention, unlike a pot forum. the entire premise of trs is not based on breaking the law as would be with a drug-related forum

and lastly messing with cats is a federal offense........growing pot by itself is a state offense at best unless you grow or posess "drug-lord" quantities, or transport it across state lines
Pot head? The closest I've ever been to smoking ANYTHING is second hand smoke.

You really think anyone would have a case because someone told someone HOW to do something illegal? Sure, you can file a lawsuit, but it won't get far. Tons of people have tried suing McDonalds, but they haven't gotten very far.

TRS is by far not the biggest and only auto forum on the internet. If no other forum has been sued for something so petty(performance oriented forums DO recommend removing cats), I highly doubt this one will. And trust me, if any suing did happen to any forum, you'd have read about it.

adsm08, I see your point of view. If I was putting my career on the line, I wouldn't share it either. But it doesn't mean others in know that have nothing to lose should jump on the don't tell bandwagon. It really not that big of a deal.

There are no inspections in my area and even exhaust shops build/install exhaust without cats at no extra cost. :dunno:

BTW, the only time I think you should remove a cat is when it clogged or when you have a high hp car. I hate the smell exhaust fumes when there's no cat.

Last edited:

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
Pot head? The closest I've ever been to smoking ANYTHING is second hand smoke.
oh, ok eveything you've said up to now (about the trs being "shitty" etc.) suddenly holds water :icon_rofl:

d112crzy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Who the hell said TRS is shitty? I like this site. What I think is shitty are people like you.

What makes anything you say more credible than anything I say?

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
Who the hell said TRS is shitty?
i think that pot has been affecting your memory :icon_twisted:
I do think it's rather shitty you guys

What makes anything you say more credible than anything I say?
nobody said it was :dunno: but if a person were to say that, anything i've said here is backed up by the rules and regulations of this site, and moreso the owner himself jim oaks posted after i did saying exactly what i had

d112crzy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i think that pot has been affecting your memory :icon_twisted:

nobody said it was :dunno: but if a person were to say that, anything i've said here is backed up by the rules and regulations of this site, and moreso the owner himself jim oaks posted after i did saying exactly what i had

Apparently, someone decided to skip out on English class when they were teaching reading comprehension. Way to go.:headbang:

Since we're taking things out of context,

Here's my point of view:

I don't give a crap.
Why should anyone else give a crap?

P.S. If you're going to keep replying, at least try to make your "arguments" make sense and not take things out of context as if you were some 3rd grader.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
If you're going to keep replying, at least try to make your "arguments" make sense and not take things out of context as if you were some 3rd grader.
lets start by the author putting it back into context to elaborate his original message .....

but i'm sure you were referring to when i used your statement that what the trs was doing was sh-tty and applying it as if you had said that the trs is sh-tty.....the difference between the two seemed negligable to me.

and it was negligable but you were rubbed the wrong way due to me repeatedly giving you crap about being a "pot head" i'm sure you're not (but using marijuana in any context as a means of strengthening an argument opened you up to it :icon_rofl: ) i poked fun. but you took it personally and that caused you to call me names twice now.

name calling? who's the third grader?

Apparently, someone decided to skip out on English class
if you're going to throw that around, go back through your posts and make sure that your spelling, grammar, and punctuation is perfect.....its not
its about 100 times better than your average forum user, but i counted at leas 6 flaws in one post but i bet you are like me, you don't split every hair when you are posting on a forum. but unlike me you claimed i skipped out on english class i may have missed reading comprehension...if i did you missed the entire rest of the class

Last edited:

Xandor

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88, 89, 89
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 2.9 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Ya I'm with the OP here. Its ridiculous.
All you have to do is add an offroad use only disclaimer. Don't even try and say anything about saving the environment, we drive big ole gas guzzlers anyways, if any of us cared that much we wouldnt be driving trucks.

d112crzy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
"You guys", meaning people who are choosing to go along with the "don't ask don't tell" bandwagon. This includes people that are no admin/mods. "It" being the subject at hand, not the entirety of the forum.

Yes, I take offense to false accusations. My #1 pet peeve, honestly. Calling me a pot head(in your terms, since you seem to feel above/better than pot heads) is just as bad as me calling you a 3rd grader or a 'shitty person'.

So like I said, if Mr. Oaks doesn't give a crap, why should you? He understand you guys are trying to "protect" from any law suits, but the likelihood of anything happening is slim to none. Why emphasize on something pointless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals