• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by basilfaulty

1. 99 Ranger Torsions which ones do I need?

Which Torsions work? Do all years explorer torsions work? Having trouble finding #1's for my Ranger. I got C's off a 2004 fx4 for the rear, now I want 1's for the front.
  2. miss @ cruising speed

I have a 99 3.0 with what seeems to be a miss @ cruising speed. You can be driving along fine and hit a hill and it develops a miss under load. If you accelerate it goes away or if you shut off the OD it goes away. No CEL, almost like a lean miss but I can't find a vacuum leak anywhere...
  3. Oil Pan Gasket sucks

Oil pan gasket sucks on the 3.0. I bought a Fel Pro gasket...says no need for sealer, gives you these snal in pieces to properly aling it and all this crap. It leaks! Guess I won't believe that again. I would much rather have the old 4 piece styel gasket! I guess I have to almost pull the motor...
  4. shift flare after valve body

4R44E Put in a new updated valve body. 1-2 shift definately better 2-3 shift worse...what next?
  5. Off Road Package

Does anyone know if the Torsion keys for the off road package are different that the regular Ranger keys? Reason I am asking is I bought a wrecked 99 with the off road package, spring code FK. My existing 99 is spring code BK (should be stiffer) Neither one of them has been cranked as far as I...
  6. 4r44e ?

I have a 99 4x4 ranger with a 4R44E. I don't know a bunch about the truck, my Dad gave it to my son for xmas. Runs good, trans fluid is cherry red, really clean but the tranny is sloppy. 2nd and 3rd don't feel like they fully engage 1st, OD, and reverse feel fine. Would the updated valve body...
  7. Part out 99 4X4

I bought a wrecked 99 Ranger from my neighbor to use for parts for my son's 99. I am considering parting out the rest of the truck after I take what I need. Or even better if someone else needed the rest of the parts to do a manual swap or something.The truck is /was a 1999 standard cab stepside...
  8. Interesting link

http://www.sonnax.com/system/pdfs/110/original/TS6-BW-106-109.pdf?1289926275
  9. 3.0 Auto to manual swap

Have a 99 xcab 4x4 3.0 auto. This trans is getting old and sloppy. My neighbor's kid wrecked his 99 reg cab 4x4 3.0 manual trans. I was thinking of swapping out his motor (rebuilt with warranty) and trans with mine. I have done alot of searching and still have questions. Is the finished length...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad