• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by d9n

1. Power Wheelbarrow

Hi All, I just wanted to share my headache for the last year, taking a roll over 1991 4x4 ranger and using it's drivetrain in a 2wd 1988 ranger. Along the way it gained a 6" lift with 33" Swampers. The drivetrain from the 91 is the 4.0, 5-speed manual with a dana 35 front and 8.8 rear. All of...
  2. What's missing

Hi, I need help telling me what I am missing for my 4X4 to work. Over the last year, I took a 1988 2WD standard cab ranger and a roll over 1991 4wd standard cab ranger and made one truck. The roll over was badly rusted so what was used was the 4.0, the 5 speed manual transmission, the front and...
  3. truck not getting starting

So today my 87' ranger won't fire. It's done this before when the temp was in the single digits but it started the next day. I thought it might have had some bad gas and ran some dry gas in it and no issues. Now it doesn't seem to be getting fuel. I shoot some starting fluid in the throttle body...
  4. starter issues

Has anybody else have trouble with starters? My ranger is a 87' 2.9 / 5-spd, 2WD. I rebuilt my 2.9 two years ago and put headers on it. In the last two years, I've put 4 to 5 starters in it. When I rebuilt the thing I put a new flywheel on it. Every starter make a high pitch sound when it...
  5. cooling a 2.9

hey guys, I have a stock 2.9 radiator and when I'm running 60mph the stock gage is reading between the n & o, is this normal? My radiator is a 2 core, is there a up-grade, perhaps to a three core? thanks
  6. starter noise

hi all, my ranger starter is making a bunch of noise when it starts the truck (high pitch grinding noise). it's a 87' 2wd, 2.9 with the 5-speed. Are there shims for the starters or what? It's loud enough that people across a parking lot will turn and stare. thanks. Mike
  7. gas gages

Help, yes I know this has been asked before and have found most just say to change the sending unit and check the float.... Anyway, I have a 87' ranger and the gas gage has never worked since I bought the truck. Mine is at empty when the truck's off and at this point in time reads 3/8 of a tank...
  8. D9N's 87' 2WD ranger

So here's my ranger; 1987 ranger 2WD 5-speed extended cab. 4" suspension lift running 30x9.50x15 tires with AR-39 15x8 rims. All brakes completely gone through. Rebuilt .030 over bored stock 2.9 with pacesetter headers. Intake port matched upper & lower and lower port matched to heads. New...
  9. rebuilt 2.9 for my ranger

Well, here's a picture of the 2.9 rebuilt on the engine stand before it went into the ranger. Here's how it looks installed. Can't see much of it after all the stuffs hooked back up. The silver paint does make things easier to see while working on it. And here's the truck it went into almost...
  10. pacesetter headers

So I now have my rebuilt 2.9 installed in my 87 2wd ranger and installed the pacesetter headers I bought for it. The headers drop in/bolted up fine except for the cross over tube that runs from one header to the other. Not only does it not line up with the headers, it also hits the frame on the...
  11. 2.9 rebuild inprocess

Hey Guys, I'm about to start my rebuild, block's been machined, heads redone and have the rebuild parts on my bench. I've also purchased pacesetter headers. Question I have is, the stock exhaust manifolds had the tube that runs from it to the exhaust gas oxygen sensor. The header don't have a...
  12. new 2.9

So I just picked up a 2.9 to replace the one in my dying 2.9 (87' 5spd truck). The motor I bought runs fine but sat for awhile and has about 140k on it so I'm planning on a small budget rebuild. If all looks well after the tear down to the short block I'm planning on replacing all gaskets, valve...
  13. 2.9 to 3.0?

Here's the deal, the 2.9/5sp in my 87' 2wd is on it's last leg. I've come across a complete 04' 3.0/auto drivetrain (accident truck) with 56k for cheap. Is it worth the swap? thanks
  14. 87' window seals

well I ordered new window seals and felts for my truck. Anybody ever installed them? How much of a PITA factor are they and how do you install them? Thanks
  15. how much paint?

Hey guys, I'm about ready to paint my 87' extended cab ranger including the door jambs (not painting the inside of the box) and was wondering if a gallon of paint would be enough? Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad