• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by hidesertrat

1. 87 Ranger 4 X 4 2.9l FI with A4LD

Ok, so the tranny finally died, after a year of driving with no reverse the forward gears gave out several months ago. Now it is time to decide what to do with this Ranger. Tranny tag says it is a: 87GT HAA 2 Have gotten a quote from RPA for about $1500.00 for a replacement tranny, with 3...
  2. A4LD Another one bites the dust!!

About a year ago, reverse went out. Leaving for work, shifted in to reverse, there was a loud pop. Drove through all the forward gears, all were working fine. Have been driving it like that since. Just selective about where I park! :D Lately, it has begun to shift hard in all gears. This...
  3. Tranny????

Ok, got in truck this morning to go to work. Shifted into reverse and heard a pop sound, truck "felt" like it had shifted into reverse. However, when I stepped on gas, it went no where. Put the truck into drive and it would move forward, but not backward. Got out and checked the fluid, was...
  4. new gauges

I have an 87 ranger, which I would like to put after market temp, voltage and oil pressure gauges in. However, I got to thinking that the temp gauge must send a signal to the computer and if I install the other gauge it would interupt this signal. Is there a way to prevent this or does the...
  5. Need some help, please...

First off, let me say: Great site!!! Wish I had found this before I started my discovery of the 2.9 engine! I have an 87 Ranger 4x4 which overheated and cracked the heads. Decided to go ahead and overhaul the engine. If I had read the posts earlier, I may have went with a 4.0 exchange, but...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad