• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by HOT_ROD_CAR

1. HOT_ROD_CAR

Sold the Ranger

I sold my Ranger, but I'm working on a 1978 F-150. I am looking for my next Ranger. HAHA! :yahoo:
  2. HOT_ROD_CAR

How much does your V8 Ranger weigh?

My V8 1991 Ranger XLT has a 351 Cleveland bolted to a C4 and it weighed in at 3345 lbs. How much does your V8 Ranger wiegh? :D
  3. HOT_ROD_CAR

Hobbies

What other hobbies is everyone into? Anyone into guitars? Any suggestions for someone just learning to play? Sure is much more difficult than it seems.
  4. HOT_ROD_CAR

351C Oil Pressure Transducer location

Anyone know of an alternate location for a 351C Oil Pressure Transducer? I currently have it located behind the intake, but I would like to move it so it is more easily accessible. Any ideas? :icon_hornsup:
  5. HOT_ROD_CAR

C4 Transmission

I just got a used C4 transmission. I plan to bolt it up to the 351C in my 91 Ford Ranger. What are the pro's and con's of these transmissions? Any suggestions for checks and maintenance before installing it?
  6. HOT_ROD_CAR

351C in 1991 Ranger headers?

I want to upgrade from stock manifolds to headers. What headers or a header kit where you route the tubes and weld them yourself will work with a 351C in a 1991 Ranger? Anyone? I emailed JEGS and the response is shown below... "Thank you for giving Jegs the opportunity to assist you with your...
  7. HOT_ROD_CAR

351C Intake Manifolds

Anyone ever drove and could compare a 351C with 2V heads running a 4V intake/4 barrel carb to a 351C with 2V heads to the newer 2V intake/4 barrel carb? The reason I ask is there seems to be a mismatch on the 2, 3, 6, and 7 cylinders between the intake and the ports on the 2V heads with the 4V...
  8. HOT_ROD_CAR

Best Spark Plugs

What spark plug would be the best for a 1970 351 Cleveland with an 50,000 volt coil/HEI distributor, 650 cfm Holley/Edlebrock dual plane with open chamber 2V heads?
  9. HOT_ROD_CAR

351 Cleveland Ranger

Here's my 351 Cleveland Ranger... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI3-0Zk8Sns :icon_hornsup:
  10. HOT_ROD_CAR

351 Cleveland Ranger

Here's my 351 Cleveland Ranger video...:yahoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI3-0Zk8Sns:3gears:
  11. HOT_ROD_CAR

351C Crank Specs

Anyone know the original stock crankshaft specs, including tolorences, for a 1970 351 Cleveland, main bearings and rod bearing dimensions of the crank or where to find it on the web? My machinist friend is going to check out a crank with a digital caliper for me, but I need the specs. Does...
  12. HOT_ROD_CAR

AOD Tranmission

What would cause an AOD transmission to require an extra quart of fluid or so to not slip? Is this a sign of impending failure or wear? Any ideas? :dunno:
  13. HOT_ROD_CAR

Comp Cams part number "1450-16"

Comp Cams part number "1450-16" lists for $175.99; will these work on a 351 Cleveland?
  14. HOT_ROD_CAR

Solid motor mounts

I installed a set of SOLID motor mounts and a transmission cross-member mount into my 351C Ranger instead of the stock rubber mounts. I expected additional vibration. Not having had solid motor mounts before, I'm not sure if this is normal or if there is something wrong with the harmonic...
  15. HOT_ROD_CAR

HEI distributor

HEI distributor will not fit with my dual plane 4V Edelbrock intake on my 351 Cleveland with 2V heads. Anyone been here before? What distributors will work? :dunno:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad