• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by johndeeregarner

1. johndeeregarner

Jet chip

How do those Jet chips work? Do they give you better MPG? Can you tell the difference? I have a 97 with a 2.3 in it and was wondering how I could get better MPG. Thanks, jdg
  2. johndeeregarner

AC / Heater

I don't know if this is the correct thread or not, but here it is anyway. I am in the process of repainting my 97 and I'm in a little bit of a bind. I am painting the engine compartment right now but I can't get the AC / heater thingy off. I have all the bolts (that I know of) out but it seems...
  3. johndeeregarner

97 Ranger Tach

Is the instrument cluster on my 1997 Ranger 2.3 XLT a "Plug & Play"? What I mean by that is can I replace the instrument cluster in my truck with one that has a tac (mine doesn't have one now) with out having to do any wiring.
  4. johndeeregarner

I have a question about a 1990 chevy 1500 (I know its not a ranger)

I have a friend that has a 1990 Chevy 1500 with a 350 in it and it has a couple problems with it. I know its a Chevy but try to bear with me. The speedometer isn't working at the moment but when they took the instrument cluster off and made sure all the connections were good it started working...
  5. johndeeregarner

Engine boggs down when first started

When I start my truck after I have let it set over night, it will bogg down from 950 to 450 rpm then it jumps back up to 950 and is fine after that. It only does that if I let it set for a long period (over night). Any ideas? Thanks, JDG
  6. johndeeregarner

Chevy 1500's in the J/Y

I went to the local pull-a-part to get some stuff for my truck and decided to check out the chevy 1500's and see if they have anything (seeing that my g/f just got one and needs some stuff for it). There were 18 in the yard (there are only 4 rangers) and all 18 of them had the front ends of them...
  7. johndeeregarner

2.9 Won't idle under 1500

I gave my truck a tune up (new plug wires, distributor, rotor, spark plugs) and now it won't idle under 1500, and I took the TB off and I can smell gas. There was gas (at least I think it was gas) sitting in the intake. It runs fine..at 1500..but I want to get it fixed. Do I just have the wires...
  8. johndeeregarner

5.0 Conversions

What do you guys think about putting a 5.0TB and 5.0 19lb injectors in a 2.9? I saw the page in the tech library for the TB conversion and was wondering what would it give me? I have been told that 5.0 mustang injectors would fit in my 2.9 fine. Would the they kill my MPG? I was also thinking...
  9. johndeeregarner

Drum brakes to Disk brakes

I have a 86 Ranger and was wondering if I could get some Disk brakes in the back. I saw the post before this one but I didn't know if I could do the same with a 86 Explorer and a 86 Ranger. Thanks
  10. johndeeregarner

EGR Valve?

Hey guys, I was wondering if it was necessary to have my EGR valve hooked up? I was told that I would get better HP if it wasn't.:icon_confused: Is that true? Thanks
  11. johndeeregarner

2.9 Spark plug wires

What would be the best plug wires that I can get for a lower price? Would it be worth the money. I've heard that they will give me about 5+ hp. Is that true?
  12. johndeeregarner

Oil leak probs.

I have a small oil leak somewhere in the back half of my engine and can't find it. I'm starting to get mad. I replaced the valve cover gasket on it and don't think that it. Do they have alot of probs. with oil leaks in the back? Any suggestions? Its a 2.9. Thanks, Nathan
  13. johndeeregarner

2.9 Computer

Does my 86 ranger have a computer?
  14. johndeeregarner

I need more power

What is going to be the best way to get more power out of my 2.9?
  15. johndeeregarner

Intake restrictions

I have a question about what restricts the air flow more, the intake or the exhaust? Would it be better to replace the muffler or the air intake? Witch would give me more power, or will it be noticeable?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad