• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by livetoride21

1. livetoride21

5r55e Trans controlling (1.9TDI swap)

Thanks for the reply Ron, I've seen some of the pre 04 tdi swaps but never one with an auto trans. There are two reasons I'd like to keep the auto trans if possible ; - Availability (5spd 4x4 trans are pretty rare and expensive now where as 5r55e are a dime a dozen. - Not adding unnecessary...
  2. livetoride21

Thanks for the reply Ron. I'm not sure I understand what the huge issue is getting the digital dash working? The speedo will still work as long as the truck is on accessory mode even if the engine is not running and the odometer still registers as well. So there is no reason for it to not work...
  3. livetoride21

I'm hoping someone knowledgeable can help me out here. I have a 2007 Ranger 4L 4x4 with a 5r55e auto that I'm going to be converting to a VW 1.9TDI. I have mostly everything sorted out for adapting the engine to the trans etc. However I'm wondering what inputs I need in order for the...
  4. livetoride21

2007 4.0 Hard starting when cold

Hi Everyone, I have 2007 Ranger 4.0 auto that's giving me issues starting when cold. At first I thought it was because it was so cold out the past week (-20 celcius) but then when it warmed up the issue persisted. Then I thought , well maybe I got some bad gas at the station. Filled up a tank of...
  5. livetoride21

2007 Ranger Sport 4x4 Build

Hi All, so I finally found myself a good deal on a 2007 Ranger extended Cab sport 4x4 with a blown transfer-case. Some of you may have seen my silver 2002 Ranger regular cab around the forum before, but if not here are a couple pictures of her; Plans are to go along the same route ...
  6. livetoride21

2007 Ranger T-case compatability

Hi all, I'm picking up a 2007 ford ranger this week with a cracked transfer-case. I'm a little confused as to which years T-Case are compatible? It appears that all 98+ Rangers have a BW1354 if not equipped with a manual t-case, but I can't seem to tell what the difference is between the earlier...
  7. livetoride21

Double-Cardan DS into 98+ ford ranger

Hi all, I'm picking up a 2007 ford ranger this week that has a cracked transfer-case. I will be replacing the transfer case (BW1354) with a new used unit, and being that I'm planning on installing a 4" lift on this truck in the future, I'm wondering if I could just install the 97 and earlier...
  8. livetoride21

Back in the ranger Family, 2002 Ranger 4x4

Well It’s been about 4 years since owning my first ranger, a 1993 ranger reg cab 2.3L 2wd. I had some fun with that truck, but always wanted 4x4 and more power. The engine ended up going on my and I spent the last 4 years in a 98 civic hatchback, and a 2003 Nissan altima, both treated me very...
  9. livetoride21

dana super 30 or dana 35 front axle? confused.

I have a question concerning the front differentials on second generation ford explorers. I know that the second gen explorers have a dana 35 front differential, but where things get confusing is the 2/3 gen ford explorer 2 door sport. 2001-2003. in 02 (from my research, the 4 door switched to...
  10. livetoride21

M50D for 4L ohv bolt pattern?

I'm wondering if anyone on here has a dimension drawing of a m50D for 2.8/2.9/4L bolt pattern? including the location of input shaft. I'm planning on making an adapter plate for an unconventional engine swap, so if anyone has a CAD drawing by some chance, or know where I could find one it would...
  11. livetoride21

will a 4cyl diesel transmission fit a gas 4cyl 2.3?

Hey, I was just wondering if the transmission out of an 85 ranger 4cyl diesel is the right bolt pattern for a 2.3L 4cyl gas? I'm thinking of getting a ranger 4cyl and putting in a 4wd trans and tcase for the low ranger capability.
  12. livetoride21

HELP, 4L OHV swap into 2.9L ranger, problem!

My brother started swapping a 4L into his 2.9L ranger and we can't get it to start. we have spark, have pressure at the fuel rail, not sure how much as i don't have a tester but it will squirt at the schrader valve. but the injectors don't seem to be firing? We swapped the whole interior...
  13. livetoride21

Frame stacking

Alright so I have an interesting Idea, that I know has been done in the past for mud bogging. Last year I stripped a 4x4 ranger with the intention of using all the 4x4 parts to convert a 2x4 in the future. I wanted the ttb mounting brackets and stuff so just cut out the whole front area of the...
  14. livetoride21

93 4L swap into 92 ranger, need some help!

we've been working swapping a 93 4.0L ohv out of a ranger into a 92 ranger that originally had a 2.9. however we're having some problems, one the fuel pump doesnt seem to be getting a signal, as well there is no spark. we swapped the ranger interior, engine, and headlight harness out of the 93...
  15. livetoride21

64" leaf spring swap, some questions

Alright so I've been reading up on doing the chevy 64" leaf spring swap in a ranger. just wondering if anyone knows from what years of chevy work? I know that the 88 - 98 work , but what about the later models like the 70s? are they still the same length? The other thing I'm wondering is has...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad