• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by MA Ranger

1. Headlights flickering problem???

YoderC, Your problem sounds very similar to mine. I have a '94 XLT and the low beams work fine as long as I don't use the high beams. After I use the high beams a few times (for five - ten seconds), the low beams strobe/flash. I think the problem might be in the multifunction switch, but I...
  2. Brake Warning Light and ABS Light on

The brake warning light on my '94 XLT came on after I replaced the front pads (the fluid was overflowing at the master cylinder after I installed the pads. I siphoned some off and got it back below the MAX line). The two floats inside the master cylinder look normal - not sticking to the...
  3. 94 3.0L with whining transmission

My 94 3.0L (2WD, automatic) has developed a whining noise that I believe is coming from the transmission. It was leaking fluid - I repaired the leak and added about one third of a pint of fluid to get the level back in the "normal range" on the dip stick. Before and after the repair/adding the...
  4. Dorman Manifolds for '94 XLT 3.0

Has anyone installed Dorman 674-361 (passenger side) and 674-410 (driver side) manifolds on a '94 3.0 XLT? I just bought these for my truck. Dorman, Rock Auto and AutoZone web sites all say these are the right parts for this truck. The studs mounting the old manifolds to the heads look like...
  5. '94 Ranger wheel cylinder mounting bolts & brake line fittings

I'm trying to replace the wheel cylinder on the right rear wheel of my '94 XLT 2-wheel drive. When I tried to remove the two bolts that mount it to the backing plate, I found out that the bolts have odd-size heads - 9mm socket is too small and 10 mm is too big. 3/8" is also a little too bid...
  6. '94 3.0L engine vibration/shudder

My '94 XLT (3.0, 2WD, automatic) has suddenly developed a severe shudder/vibration that appears to be coming from the engine (it varies with pressure applied to the gas pedal and is the same with the transmission in drive, park or reverse so I don't think it's in the drive train or transmission...
  7. Torque specification question

The Haynes manual for 93 - 96 Rangers gives the torque specs for various parts of the engine in two steps. For example: Intake manifold bolts: Step 1 132 in-lbs Step 2 19 to 24 ft-lbs How do you apply this spec when tightening the bolts and are most torque wrenches calibrated in both ft...
  8. Need Help/Advice - Dropped Nut in space thermostat is mounted in

While replacing the thermostat on my '94 Ranger (2wd, 3.0 L V6) today, I accidentally dropped a 1/4" nut (it's about 1/4 in thickness, 3/8" in diameter) down into the space where the thermostat is mounted in the engine. It initially wound up behind the "column" that the bolt on the left side of...
  9. Replacement lug nuts for '94 XLT

Can anybody recommend a good barnd of aftermarket lug nuts for a '94 XLT for the "snow flake wheel"? I bought ten (brand unknown) from a parts store about two years ago and they now have more rust on them (and they're coming apart at the seams too) than the original 10 still on the truck. Thanks
  10. Leak in Front Brake Line - '94 Ranger

My '94 Ranger (2WD, 3.0L, short bed, regular cab) is leaking brake fluid from the "junction box" that's clipped to the wheel well on the driver's side (my "aftermarket repair manual" doesn't show this part in any of its diagrams or mention it in the text). The brake line from the master...
  11. Adjusting Camber on 1994 2WD Ranger

Looking for detailed information (or good source, other than buying the Ford shop manual) on adjusting the camber on a 1994 2WD Ranger. All parts are currently stock/OEM - no lift kits, etc. The Haynes manual doesn't have very much on this other than one paragraph and a diagram of the front axle...
  12. DPFE/Code 337 Problem

My check engine light (CEL) is on continuously in my '94 Ranger 3.0L. I conducted a KOEO test with a scanner and it showed code 337 (EGR Valve Pressure Transducer/Position Sensor circuit above maximum voltage). I replaced the DPFE sensor with an aftermarket "metallic" one I bought at a parts...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad