• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Y pipe for Hedman Headers for 302 swap

I am running These (Headman 302 swap kit) headers for my 302 swapped 83 rangers. I want to build an exhaust for the truck, but I do not know what y pipe will work for these headers. Does anyone know of any y pipes that will work?
  2. Engine ground to frame to battery

today I relocated my battery from the engine bay to up Under the bed. Main reason was to clean up engine bay. When the battery was under the hood, the negative cable of the battery was connected to both the frame and the engine. Now, if I wanted to do the same for the relocated battery, I would...
  3. Weight Distribution Opinions

So I am starting the design for the fuel system for my 87 ranger. I am going to put in a fuel cell into the truck to get better weight distribution, and to make room for the rear suspension shocks. My question is, which position for the new fuel cell would be best. The purpose of this truck is...
  4. Timken Bearing with Koyo Cup

I am rebuilding my rear axle, and I have a question about shimming. I saw online that when replacing pinion bearing, there is no need to reshim the pinion. So I re assemble the axle, check the pattern on the gears, and the markings indicated that I need to thin my pinion shim. That confused me...
  5. Removed dashboard, now truck won't start

@RonD Update: tested the resistance for the distributor wires, and it checked out. Also replaced the coil, and that did not get it started. I tested the current coming out of the coil with my multimeter, and it was not showing much current coming out.
  6. Removed dashboard, now truck won't start

@RonD sweet. Will keep you posted
  7. Removed dashboard, now truck won't start

@RonD yes 12v when key is on. I have not checked if its 12v when starter is active. I recall seeing a yellow wire going to the ignition switch. is swapping to HEI plug and play? Also, is there any way of testing if the distributor is sending out a signal?
  8. Removed dashboard, now truck won't start

I have an 83 ranger with a 302 in it. One of the things I am doing to it is building a new dashboard, so I removed the old one. I left the ignition switch on the column alone though. Now, the truck will not start, even though it started fine before. The starter turns, and the carb spits fuel but...
  9. Bed sags on 1 side

That's what I think it could be. The truck has a rebuilt title, but wouldn't it need to be inspected before getting that title. As far as damage, I can not see anything, and I have spent a lot of time examining the frame, just surface rust, and nothing bad. Now that I think about it, I don't...
  10. Bed sags on 1 side

It doesn't look like the front is sagging though, would cranking up my torsion bar fix it if they're worn?
  11. Bed sags on 1 side

On my truck, the bed sags on 1 side pictured below. I measured the distance from the frame to the top of the leaf spring and found that the right side is about 1" lower than the left. My first thought was the spring must be worn out on the right. I replaced both springs and the problem is...
  12. Snapped brake line connector

So I can just make a custom brake line? How do I do the connectors at the end?
  13. Snapped brake line connector

I was finally able to try connecting my rear brake line to my explorer rear end. As I was unscrewing the hard line from the hose, the connector on the hardline snapped off. What should I do from here? I am guessing that the whole brake line has to come out now and be replaced. Is the front to...
  14. 4x4 Beach runner

Hey guys! I've owned my ranger for a few months now, but just joined the forum. It is a 2000 xlt 4x4 with the 4.0 and about 199k miles on it. I mainly use it as a work truck that I run up and down sandy Florida beaches. Here is what the truck has: Bf Goodrich all-terrain KO2 35x12.5r15 3" body...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad