• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bryanb

Hazard lights not working correctly

1989 Ranger. Hazard lights work oddly. use replaced both flasher switches in the fuse panel. Makes no difference in problem. Hitting the hazard button, and they work fine, but if I apply the brake pedal, they stop, and are only on solid (not blinking) like a brake light. Is that normal, or...
  2. bryanb

2.3L ('83-'97) Help identify part and runnibility

wow. Haven’t been here in a long while with a problem. Knock on wood….. So I was a good boy and decided to drop the transmission fluid pan to replace the long over due filter and fluid. Much messier with one person :) anyway, putting a funnel in the dipstick tube, seems to have broke...
  3. bryanb

Guel gauge acting up

Searched for fuel gauge problems, and i did find somethings to check. All of them more work than im currently in the mood for :) But this one is a bit specific, so I thought I'd try a new thread on it anyway. A few years ago I replaced the fuel level float, sender, and pump as part of a kit...
  4. bryanb

Which U-joint to get

Im thinking of pulling the driveshaft, and putting on new Universal joints. Went to Rockauto.com, and looked around. I can't tell which ones I need. So far, I _think_ I need: Moog 255 Greasable Super Strength One of our most popular parts At Rear Axle; RWD; Standard Cab Pickup; Using...
  5. bryanb

Different models; bed lengths, etc

I was wondering if there was a handy list of what different cab / bed configurations were available for any given year, or generation of Ranger? Was there at anytime a extended cab long bed?
  6. bryanb

Back brakes still not working very well at all

Its winter again! Time to see if there are any more opinions on my rear bakes issues, that I've posted about before. Basically, they don't want to activate hydraulically. The E-Brake seems to work fine. I've bled them numerous times, put new pads in, new wheel cylinders, new rubber line at...
  7. bryanb

1989 rear brakes not working?

See: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96395 ...resurrecting an old topic. Finally got around to bypassing the RABS valve. spliced a line in place of the RABS valve, but left the electrical connecter plugged in. Bled the rear brakes. Had the rear end jacked up, and...
  8. bryanb

Junk yard find! What is this?

Found something that I've never seen before in the junkyard today. A 1989 Ranger Custom, with Montana Centennial decals on it, 1889-1989. Montana entered the United States in 1889. Attached are a few photos: of the truck in general. of the Ranger Custom logo, that I've never seen before...
  9. bryanb

'89 Ranger 2.3L low idle

making a new post, hopefully some fresh ideas show up. Basically the problem is a low idle. Runs fine otherwise; starts fine, pulls good when under hard throttle. Engine wants to idle around 500 in Drive indicated on the factory tach, and feels very rough. Has never actually stalled though...
  10. bryanb

Find EGR on 2.3L

I can't seem to find the EGR on my 2.3L motor. I have a 1989 Ranger, XLT, with the A4LD automatic. It has A/C, but its never worked ( I hear no new noise, or get cold air when activating it), Powersteering... I found a drawing in some automotive repair manuals online at my local public...
  11. bryanb

new power steering pump

I changed out the power steering lines, and put in a new (reman) pump from Orielly's. Everything works, fine, no leaks. But its got a pronounced whine noise to it. Like a supercharger sound. Did I get a bad pump? Or do I have an air bubble problem after filling new pump?
  12. bryanb

weight of the wheel.

I have the 14" styled steel wheels. Any idea how much one weighs? my mom has a spare, and I want her to ship it to me (since I have no spare), so I want to estimate what that'd cost... Its a '89 Ranger XLT, 2wd, long bed regular cab, if that helps. You may be able to see them in my avatar...
  13. bryanb

precut / fit brake lines

Does anyone know of a source of pre-cut and bent brake lines? The hard steel ones. Im trying to decide if i twisted it too far when taking the wheel cylinder off. And or pricing the lines out to replace them on both sides of the axle anyway.
  14. bryanb

First snow! Where are the rear antilock brakes

Well, the first measurable snow arrived today! Decided to see if the ABS works on the snow today. Hit the brakes hard, and the fronts lock, as they would, I assume. Not sure about the back brakes. I don't know if I can feel them locking. But in any case, the ABS does NOT activate. I don't...
  15. bryanb

whats normal temp gauge SOP?

I just replaced the temp sender im my Ranger. I inherited it, and the gauge has never worked, that I have seen. Always on the far left, at cold. Now, after changing out the sender, and putting in near the same amount of coolant that came out when I drained the radiator Im getting the...
  16. bryanb

'89 with RABS not working?!?

Got some snow today. I can't for the life of me get the RABS to activate; when I stomp on the pedal, it pretty much just locks the front. I get the RABS light when the ignition is at run, but it goes off right after I start the Ranger. And I never see it again. The pedal is quite spongy...
  17. bryanb

Do I need a Starter?

This has been getting worse. At first I thought it was the cold doing it, but I think its getting worse. I'll turn the ignition switch to start, and the engine crancks a couple revolutions, and then stops, but the starter continues to wiiiiirrrrrrr. These have the starter solenoid separate...
  18. bryanb

weird idle coming off power; coasting

Been having idle problem, but I cleaned out the throttle body as best as I could, and now its been better, but this is a side effect. After driving at a constant speed, and letting off the gas to begin to brake for a stop, the engine speed will come down to around 1000 rpm, and then 'bounce'...
  19. bryanb

89 2.3 low idle

have an '89 Ranger with 223K on it, and maybe 100K less on the motor. Its new to me, and I've posted before on this topic, and some suggested that the Idle Air Bypass is involved. I haven't had time to take it off and check it out yet, but certainly will. I went to pick it up after...
  20. bryanb

new to me Ranger - idle problems

Guess I could post there too, I didn't notice this forum section the first time... I just brought home the inherited '89 Ranger. its a 2.3L dual plug head, with the A4LD tranny. Had some work to do before I drove it 1000+ miles home. Replaced the spark plugs, wires. Changed the oil/ filter...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad