• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. No more go past ~50-60% throttle.

I have a '96 b2300. Ive had some issues with it that have mostly been worked out. The problem I'm having and I guess iv had since getting the truck at ~190k miles (currently at 220k) is that 50-60% throttle is effectively flooring it. Giving it any more gas past this point doesn't net any...
  2. P1445

It came time to do a smog on my '96 B2300 and a few weeks before I was going to take it in it popped up with a CEL and a P1445 code. "Purge Flow Sensor Circuit High Input" I've been reading around and checked all the vacuum hoses for leaks, didn't find any. Went to Kragen/autozone to get prices...
  3. 5 out of top 10 clunkers are Fords.

Fords are the highest traded in clunkers since the cash for clunkers program started. They make up 3 out of the top five cars and 5 out of the top 10. In addition the Exploder is the number one 'clunker' being turned in for execution...
  4. Explorer 8.8" and Leaf Swap

It was said there is ~5" drop with ranger springs sprung under on a 8.8 Assuming the 1-2" of lift you said from using explorer springs, in this case it would only be ~3-4" lift from the shackle. On my Frontier, its not uncommon for people to use shackles for 2-3" of lift. What are the...
  5. Explorer 8.8" and Leaf Swap

I'm thinking of doing a disk brake 8.8 swap out of a explorer on my ranger. If i wanted to keep the leaf under configuration of the 8.8 and keep it at a similar to stock ride height, or possibly a bit of lift. Could I Use that shackle in conjunction with the explorer leafs to make up for the...
  6. Boxed control arms or anything else.

More of a curiosity than something I plan on attempting to tackle in the foreseeable future. How do fabricators make fully boxed control arms (not boxing OEM pieces). I understand the concept behind them, but how does one go about welding and joining all the connections inside of a boxed...
  7. Rattling coming from engine bay.

I have a very high mileage 2.3 (just about to roll over to 200k). I keep getting intermittent moderately loud rattling noise coming from the engine bay. It varry's based on engine speed and typically goes away at higher rpm. Sometimes it will rattle a little at idle and just off to about...
  8. RaceRangers Build

Nice truck, what would you say was total amount invested?
  9. Vertical welding on a C channel frame. Fact or fiction.

I've heard from several places for and against welding vertically on a C channel. The idea is that a vertical weld across even 50% of the vertical width of the frame will weaken it dangerously. Supposedly due to the annealing of the metal surrounding the weld, causing it to get brittle and...
  10. Total Brake Failure

I was recently given a '96 B2300 with just shy of 200,000 miles on it. Mechanically sounds outside of seriously blown U-joints, pinion seal, O2 sensor, coil packs, and a few other odds and ends. After fixing it up its made a pretty reliable beat around truck for hauling stuff around spare one...
  11. Tire fitment page.

I'm about to order some tire's and I found this page but I'm a bit confused about the "Lift Height" column. what does it mean by 2", 4", and 6"? Is this variations in factory ride height? I have a '96 B2300 2wd and I'm trying to find what size tire's I can fit. If i have 6" "Life Height" I could...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad