• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone else drive RC cars/trucks/boats/crawlers/planes?

powerranger262

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
^ That's cool as hell. I ordered one of those bodies for my Jato, but it never showed up.

Did you have to modify the body mounting brackets or anything?

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
^ That's cool as hell. I ordered one of those bodies for my Jato, but it never showed up.

Did you have to modify the body mounting brackets or anything?
Thanks!

That sucks you never got yours. Where did you order it from? I got mine from rcplanet.com

No modifications necessary. The body doesn't come with any holes in it whatsoever, even though it's for a nitro. It has no body post holes, so you can just make your own where ever you need to. For the Rustler, it wouldn't fit quite right on the body mount on the rear shock tower, so I had to make it work like this:

My RPM shock tower already has holes in it, so I picked up some extra body posts and put a screw through the existing holes in the shock tower. I don't know much about the Jato, so I don't know what you'd have to do (if anything) to make it fit right, but it doesn't take much effort either way.
Being clear, marking the body post/antenna holes is a breeze. I positioned it how I wanted it, then marked where the holes go with a marker on the outside, on the clear plastic layer that you peel off when it's done.

03Fx4MN

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I have the new traxxas revo 3.3 rpm a arms maxximizer beadlock wheels hpi dirt claw tires and I just finished this body and its my first ever :D

steve63

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
have a RC 10 GT from 2002,has a picco .15 on it,a RC10 gold pan buggy from 1980 basically used as a decoration now,plus a dumas swamp buggy,has a tower hobbies .46 on it,good for about 40mph on the water,the RC10GT i still race on occasion ,its prolly capable of 50mph.

basshead

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 bored
Transmission
Automatic
heres my axial scx 10 trial rig tsl boggers

before i painted hood/other things black..and with the stock tires(bfg mud terrian km2's)

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have an old Radio Shack car, everybody associates them with being junk but I think this preceeded that rap. I got in second grade, back in somewhere in '91-'92 and it still works great. It does need new bushings in the front wheels and rear tires though.

I would love to build a RC battleship. Not for the RC battles, but just to cruise arond with.

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hi, my name is Chris and I'm addicted to R/C.

I've got a Slash with Sidewinder ESC, 4600kv Brushless motor, 2S LiPo and RPM bits all over it.

I've also just recently gotten into Heli's. I'm starting with the cheap-o 3 channel Chinese ones and I'll build a "real" (single rotor, collective pitch etc) some day down the road...

So my list is:

Traxxas Slash
Syma S107 Heli
ZG Z008 Heli
AirHogs Dragonfly looking chopper (I don't usually count that one as it's really only a kids toy.)

basshead

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 bored
Transmission
Automatic
i also have an e maxx with over 1500$ in after market parts on it...its currently front wheel drive because the gears are shot in the rear end. im too lazy to fix it right now, and since theres finally snow here, i can drive my trail rig in the snow and ice =) cant wait to get out!!

Dewey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
looking
Make / Model
looking
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have 3 axial ax10's
2 traxxas slash's
1 slash lcg
and a bully moa crawler

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
I have an old Radio Shack car, everybody associates them with being junk but I think this preceeded that rap. I got in second grade, back in somewhere in '91-'92 and it still works great. It does need new bushings in the front wheels and rear tires though.

I've got a Radio Shack Blue Shark buggy-sort-of-like car (I think it's called, also was sold as a Black Wolf--- full digital proportional radio). I nursed that thing along until all 4 tires were basically drag slicks, and the motor brushes finally wore out (the white plastic barrel from a Bic Round Stic ball point pen worked excellent around the rear axles to keep the plastic rear axle bushings from wearing out so fast). For a "kids toy" type car the thing was extremely durable. It was always fun to bring it out for the bigger toys (E-Maxx, etc.) to molest it lol. I did eventually have to reattach the wing though because it finally broke off at the rear of the hard plastic body from too many tires driving over it. :icon_welder::icon_rofl:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've got a Radio Shack Blue Shark buggy-sort-of-like car (I think it's called, also was sold as a Black Wolf--- full digital proportional radio). I nursed that thing along until all 4 tires were basically drag slicks, and the motor brushes finally wore out (the white plastic barrel from a Bic Round Stic ball point pen worked excellent around the rear axles to keep the plastic rear axle bushings from wearing out so fast). For a "kids toy" type car the thing was extremely durable. It was always fun to bring it out for the bigger toys (E-Maxx, etc.) to molest it lol. I did eventually have to reattach the wing though because it finally broke off at the rear of the hard plastic body from too many tires driving over it. :icon_welder::icon_rofl:
This is what molested everybody elses car when I was a kid. Both my cousin and brother had RC cars, nothing could catch this thing and it could easily catch anything. I took it to third grade once, another kid had a fancy 6wd thing that was supposed to be pretty hot stuff (everybody wanted one, they were all over TV) and I crushed it in a drag race. :yahoo:

I know it isn't much, but I went to battle with it many times as a kid and had a lot of fun with it. It still goes great, it is hard to control though with the front wheels flopping all over the place. I thought it would be a good idea to oil them once and I think that is what killed the front bushings. They look bigger than a normal pen barrel to me.

I was told once that it is based off of the "Golden Arrow" car of the 1980's.

Last edited:

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I love those old school buggies...

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
This is what molested everybody elses car when I was a kid. Both my cousin and brother had RC cars, nothing could catch this thing and it could easily catch anything. I took it to third grade once, another kid had a fancy 6wd thing that was supposed to be pretty hot stuff (everybody wanted one, they were all over TV) and I crushed it in a drag race. :yahoo:

I know it isn't much, but I went to battle with it many times as a kid and had a lot of fun with it. It still goes great, it is hard to control though with the front wheels flopping all over the place. I thought it would be a good idea to oil them once and I think that is what killed the front bushings. They look bigger than a normal pen barrel to me.

I was told once that it is based off of the "Golden Arrow" car of the 1980's.

That looks pretty similar to the one I have, but maybe a prior model (I think mine was sold '93-'96 maybe? I believe it's made by Nikko).
I used a synthetic teflon grease on the front axle pins (on mine there was no bearings or bushings, the plastic wheel spins directly on the pin). The pen barrel parts went around the rear axle "driveshafts" where they enter into the gear housing (where they ride on the bushings that are inserted into the housing ends).
Yeah the sloppy steering with it's "wire tie rods" and funky bumpsteer would make it dart all over the place lol. Believe it or not, this actually made it a bit more challenging for the E-Maxxes and others to catch it because it was so squirrely.

tmaxxman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
i have a 2.5 tmaxx cant wait till i can get a 3.3 or big block.:headbang: I had a .15 nitro stampede but hit a wall at 30 mph damn that hurt to wallet :annoyed:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals