• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone else drive RC cars/trucks/boats/crawlers/planes?

FROADER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My stuff.

Slash:

AE SC10:

AX10 (x-trail):

SCX:

Custom:

TT01 Drifter (custom):

SCX:

Hasbro 1/6 Willys:

Custom 1/6 Ranger (project):

FROADER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks. I got the ranger from another forum. It's the Artin Ranger and they are occasionally on ebay.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
yeah that ranger is sh!t.....i like the scalers too

powerranger262

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
BaDASS pics man, love the orange one.

Nothing but Fords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
lipos dont explode every time you charge them like the rumours say, ive had 15 lipos and never had one go bad or swell, and every electric i have ever owned would put a comparable nitro truck to shame. times have changed and electric technologies just plain old passed up the nitro brawn.
I've been into RC for over 20 yrs. from racing to truck pulling and yes planes and boats but the sound and smell on nitro will never be beat! My current trucks are Traxxas Slayer,Traxxas Emaxx and a Duratrax raze buggy.I"LL post pics.when I get time :^)

jason_mcallister

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
This thread will never die

My wife got me into RC Planes. I don't built them but started with some Harbor Freight "Yellow Bees", which I'm something of an expert on now. One of the best Planes for the price, very easy to fly.

Now I have ParkZone T-28, Corsair F4U, Typhoon 2. Lots of fun.

Advise if your new in to RC planes, buy the simulator for the PC.
This will save you hundreds in repair parts. Buy Lipo batteries (lighter and more powerful), a good transmitter (Spektrum DX6i), and a quality battery charger (Triton for example).

When you go fly, pick an area with little trees, fences, light posts, and people.
Best to fly in a farms field with tall grass when you are first learning. Be patient and wait for a calm day to fly. Do pre-flight checks before you start.

The Parkzone T28 is one of the best bang for the buck planes, durable and capable, great for touch and goes. Very predictable and can be flown well at low and high rates.

Don't buy helicopters like the Blade unless you have lots of money to burn, they are not for beginners and your crash right away and be in a continuos cycle of crash and repair.

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've been into RC for over 20 yrs. from racing to truck pulling and yes planes and boats but the sound and smell on nitro will never be beat! My current trucks are Traxxas Slayer,Traxxas Emaxx and a Duratrax raze buggy.I"LL post pics.when I get time :^)
sorry, but electrics will dominate over any nitro. and believe it or not, your Duratrax is actually a Smartech Vanguard.

Nothing but Fords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My wife got me into RC Planes. I don't built them but started with some Harbor Freight "Yellow Bees", which I'm something of an expert on now. One of the best Planes for the price, very easy to fly.

Now I have ParkZone T-28, Corsair F4U, Typhoon 2. Lots of fun.

Advise if your new in to RC planes, buy the simulator for the PC.
This will save you hundreds in repair parts. Buy Lipo batteries (lighter and more powerful), a good transmitter (Spektrum DX6i), and a quality battery charger (Triton for example).

When you go fly, pick an area with little trees, fences, light posts, and people.
Best to fly in a farms field with tall grass when you are first learning. Be patient and wait for a calm day to fly. Do pre-flight checks before you start.

The Parkzone T28 is one of the best bang for the buck planes, durable and capable, great for touch and goes. Very predictable and can be flown well at low and high rates.

Don't buy helicopters like the Blade unless you have lots of money to burn, they are not for beginners and your crash right away and be in a continuos cycle of crash and repair.
Additional info...
Try to find a club in your area and join the AMA a club will have qualified instructors and most likely people to help you out.The AMA has insurance to protect you in case you cause damage

redneck_rainey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0ltr
Transmission
Automatic
Is that an SCX10 chassis tucked under that ranger shell?

Countryhandyman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 & 1994
Make / Model
Ford's
Engine Size
2.3 & 5.0
Transmission
Manual
I have a few...

Axial scx-10 Honcho
Axial ax-10 times 3
HPI Blitz
HPI Wheelie King
Losi Strike
Losi xxx-sct
Kyosho Blizzard
Traxxas Slash
Traxxas Rustler
Traxxas Nitro Rustler 2.5
Traxxas Nitro Revo 3.3
Traxxas 1/16 slash
Tamyia Blackfoot
Team Associated TC-3 factory team
Venom Creeper
Pro Boat Shockwave 26
Blade MCX2 heli

Last edited:

mini274

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wats up peep just got a lx1 buggy with a brusless setup with 4 cell lipos and then my baby is a hyper 7 with a OS 21 nitro engine that believe it or not I get pulled over more in than my truck. Doin a complete rebuild on the lx1 so its no running but the hyper 7 is my race buggy. Planning a trip this month to ky to race if anyone else is gonna be their hit me up.

jarrodh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
heres some of mine..i run mostly onroad stuff.. march 23-27th im headin downt to timezone hobbies in LA center wa. to race in the ROAR indoor US nationals.. im runnin teh 13.5 wgt class, and the 13.5 12th scale..

cars from left- right
1/12 crc gen x, 1/10 associated sc10, 1/10 kyosho optima mid buggy, 14/12 crc 3.2r bloody knife, 1/10 xray t2'007, and 1/10 crc gen x-10

Last edited:

jarrodh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
more..

cars from left- right

associated sc18(temporary converted to run onraod 18r class), 1/10 bolink eliminator pan car, 1/10 customworks direct drive enforcer sprint car

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals