• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

dangerranger1983 build

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Order the oil filter relocation bracket. Almost ordered an HEI dizzy but held off till the bills get paid that should be arriving soon.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Got the oil relocation bracket.

Since I havent heard back for the intake and dizzy combo, probably going to order an HEI dizzy and hopefully find an intake for a decent price.

Right now though have to go figure out why my welder is wanting to short the welding wire out in the handle.

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
change the tip

Robert

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My dad is working on it now. The coil that the wire runs through in the handle broke causing the issue. As fire the tip, its new.

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk 2

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Do you have to modify the mustang motor mounts to get them to work, or are they bolt on and go?

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They are made for a 302 so they will work without any mods to them. The way to do this an make them work is to put the right side motor mount on the left and the left one on the right. What this does is puts the bolt that mounts to the crossmember on the mount further forward pushing the engine back so that it will fit. The only thing you have to do for this is test fit the engine and trans (or at least Im going to have the trans on when I do this) and mark where to drill the the holes in the cross member and you are good to go. Some have saide they have used two of the same sided mounts to get it work while others havent. The mounts only came in mustangs that were soft tops since they used the frames for a 4 cylinder engine that differ from the other engine types avalible.

Some people have to put washers and/or spacers under the mounts or between the block and the mount to level things out and whatnot. The mustang mounts also set the engine higher.

Me not having a body lift I hope I can get away with using them and the behousing not interfear with the cab or I will have to do the plate style mounts. But Im told that I should be fine and hope I will be but will have 1/4 steel at the waiting just in case.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well went and order an HEI dizzy off ebay for a total of $49.50 so hopefully it will be to by the 16th at the most.

YA I know they are considered ugly, but it keep sthe under the hood wiring down a bit and takes out the dura box setup that has failed on me once in less then a years time.

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
They are made for a 302 so they will work without any mods to them. The way to do this an make them work is to put the right side motor mount on the left and the left one on the right. What this does is puts the bolt that mounts to the crossmember on the mount further forward pushing the engine back so that it will fit. The only thing you have to do for this is test fit the engine and trans (or at least Im going to have the trans on when I do this) and mark where to drill the the holes in the cross member and you are good to go. Some have saide they have used two of the same sided mounts to get it work while others havent. The mounts only came in mustangs that were soft tops since they used the frames for a 4 cylinder engine that differ from the other engine types avalible.

Some people have to put washers and/or spacers under the mounts or between the block and the mount to level things out and whatnot. The mustang mounts also set the engine higher.

Me not having a body lift I hope I can get away with using them and the behousing not interfear with the cab or I will have to do the plate style mounts. But Im told that I should be fine and hope I will be but will have 1/4 steel at the waiting just in case.
So it seems all you have to do is drill holes for them? I am wanting to do a 302 swap in my 85 B2, just wanna collect as much info before i start buying pieces.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yup thats about it. Heres a link to a thread I started and questions that I had that were answered. I will be condesing it down and hopefully make a good writeup on what is all in it along with any other info that I find to help others with the same questions that I have had.

http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118592

Also along the line of parts, my cousin has a Holley carb that he is going to sell to me that he rebuilt a year ago but never ran it on an engine since the rebuild but did work before that. Told it came off a 351W out of a truck. So in the next couple of weeks I will be getting that and maybe if everything goes good, buy an intake this month.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The dizzy came in the mail today....

Along with this too....

Now I need to find a place to stick it on the truck. But I dont have the heart to take the other one off though so I will have to figure out what to do.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Went ahead and order the clutch off ebay for a total of $72.45. It may be the 10 inch one but my flywheel can except the 10 or 11 inch one. Should be more then enough of a clutch for a ranger since the one that it has now is only 8 7/8 in diameter.

And just to remind anybody that knows of me replacing my clutch a few months ago, it costed me $130 for it. One I ordered off ebay is the same brand for much less. Shows how much money the parts stores are making.

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Replacing the one with the 2.8? Get that 5.0 in there already!

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hopefully in the next month or so I will be getting the enigne in but since my truck is my DD, cant do it till I have everything ready for it.

Right now trying to score in intake off craigslist and they said they will ship it to me, they are going to find out what shipping is and go from there.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Small world huuu :woot:

EDIT: Also your avatar picture is the same picture as my background of my desktop, the one taken by Dustin.

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals