• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Gt-12

marcuspur

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
dude cant wait till its done its looking awesome

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ya,this is the fun part,fitting all the big stuff together.the hard part is when you get into all the little piddly details that take forever and after working for weeks it doesn't look like you've done anything.
all part of the deal though.i think it'll be pretty cool to drive.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
NICE!! I will be watching. My grandfather has a 71 XKE V-12 that will be mine when he passes. The engines have such a beautiful sound. Nothing like it.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
NICE!! I will be watching. My grandfather has a 71 XKE V-12 that will be mine when he passes. The engines have such a beautiful sound. Nothing like it.
that is a nice ride.shame that you have to wait for a loved one to pass to get it though,makes the whole thing a bit bitter-sweet.

as for me,i just like saying i have a v-12.....not too many get to do that.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

so,i've spent the last couple of days figureing out the rear suspension.as stated before,i needed to narrow it a bit.the installed arm is the new length,the one on the floor the original.the axle shaft,which is also the upper arm,still needs to be shortened,and the spring mounts put on.the top of the diff gets tied in to the cage-this needs to be very solid as the diff takes all the suspension loads going into the car,outside of those carried by the springs.these will be attatched to the cage as well.

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
This build is awesome. I've looked forward to the daily updates every night.

Have you thought about how to run the exhaust? I have to imagine it's pretty tight everywhere for something like that. Maybe under the driveshaft to the rear then over or under the axle and suspension to exit out the rear or exit out in front of the rear tire to avoid crossing the suspension? Or possibly sidepipes and have less routing to worry about?

WoodyB2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Have you thought about how to run the exhaust? I have to imagine it's pretty tight everywhere for something like that. Maybe under the driveshaft to the rear then over or under the axle and suspension to exit out the rear or exit out in front of the rear tire to avoid crossing the suspension? Or possibly sidepipes and have less routing to worry about?

pft exhaust...open headers baby....

i also love to see the updates on this thing! keep it up gwaii!

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
I just stumbled across this for the first time....another amazing looking creation Tom!

Makes the work on my mustang seem like a walk in the park....

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

the exhaust was a big issue to deal with...since the floor attatches to the bottom of the frame rails,theres no room there.i'll be running side pipes on it(already have them picked out...but not bought yet)but even that is tight-i need to get from the collector to the outside of the body.i need to do some mods on my nice new headers,still going to be some hot feet happening.

pft exhaust...open headers baby....

i also love to see the updates on this thing! keep it up gwaii!

open headers are fine,except when they are dumping right into the interior.:D

I just stumbled across this for the first time....another amazing looking creation Tom!

Makes the work on my mustang seem like a walk in the park....

welcome to my nightmare...or dream,as the case may be.been waiting over three years to get this one started.i have a lot of more important things to get done,but i just couldn't wait anymore.
get hammering on that 'stang,dude!

WoodyB2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

here you can see the collector,the rectangular tube under it is the line where the wheelwell meets the footwell.there isnt room to go into the wheelwell,so a bit of footroom will be sacrificed.can't give up too much,though,as there isn't too much to start with.the collector will be moved about 3" forward and angled out a bit.the a short radius bend will take it out to the outside.in this space it will also reduce from 3" to 2.5" and then cut down and back.the rectangular tube on the outside is where the sidepipe will run beside.it's tight,but when equipment this big is going into a car this tiny,space is at a premium.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
welcome to my nightmare...or dream,as the case may be.been waiting over three years to get this one started.i have a lot of more important things to get done,but i just couldn't wait anymore.
get hammering on that 'stang,dude!
I got the shop cleaned out and rolled it out from the back wall tonight actually...started on the trunk floor. Sounds like the girlfriend is getting me my quarter panels for my birthday ta boot! I got the itch to work on it again!

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I got the shop cleaned out and rolled it out from the back wall tonight actually...started on the trunk floor. Sounds like the girlfriend is getting me my quarter panels for my birthday ta boot! I got the itch to work on it again!
good to see it happening:icon_thumby:sometimes the hardest part is getting started,but once you do,it's hard to stop.this is a good thing.

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block

here you can see the collector,the rectangular tube under it is the line where the wheelwell meets the footwell.there isnt room to go into the wheelwell,so a bit of footroom will be sacrificed.can't give up too much,though,as there isn't too much to start with.the collector will be moved about 3" forward and angled out a bit.the a short radius bend will take it out to the outside.in this space it will also reduce from 3" to 2.5" and then cut down and back.the rectangular tube on the outside is where the sidepipe will run beside.it's tight,but when equipment this big is going into a car this tiny,space is at a premium.
I think I understand most of it. But, does the tube go over or under the horizontal rectangular tube that the pipe is getting mounted to? I suppose I could just wait and see but was just wondering...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals