• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4r55e swapped to 5r55e question

So i swapped out my 96 b4000s 4r55e trans with a 2001 5r55e. My question is, can i also just swap the DTR ( digital transmission range sensor ) from one to the other or do i have to rewire the connection to accept the 5r55e sensor?
  2. 96 B4000 - custom grill ideas?

Just bought the truck about a year ago and while waiting on trans rebuild funds, i got to noticing how much i really dont like the grills on these trucks. Anyone here modified/ customized there stock grill? If so, I'd love to see some pics
  3. 01' b4000 brushguard on 96' b4000?

Has anyone done this? If so,how aggravating was it?
  4. brush guard for 94 ranger

I've looked every where. Any of u fellas know where I can find a regular ol' brush guard for my 94? For a decent price (around$200). I've hit waaaay too many deer.
  5. help! on 3rd throwout bearing in 4years...

The truck in question here is a 94 2.3 5 speed(of course). When I bought the truck 4yrs ago, I had to replace the transmission. So I went ahead and change the clutch,pressure plate,flywheel slave cylinder and pilot bearing. After about a 6. the throwout bearing started whining and about the 8mth...
  6. throttle body & cam swap Q's

i've heard a stock tb from a 95 5.0 mustang would fit on a 87 2.3 ranger. will it also fit on a 94 2.3 ranger? i also have a svo cam w/ rocker arm's. can they be used on my 8 plug head? thanks for any helpfull info fella's...
  7. stud size on exhaust manifold

i have a 94 2.3 ranger and the guy i bought the truck from removed the exhaust manifold and replaced it without the studs in it. he just put a 5" bolt on bothsides and jammed two back-to-back nuts on it but they keep coming off. i've went to the part stores and they claim they dont know either...
  8. help with stud tread size

i have a 94 2.3 ranger and the guy i bought the truck from removed the exhaust manifold and replaced it without the studs in it. he just put a 5" bolt on bothsides and jammed two back-to-back nuts on it but they keep coming off. i've went to the part stores and they claim they dont know either...
  9. question on a code 211- PIP sensor

i pulled 2 codes on my 1994 2.3 5-speed ranger. 1- 172- o2 sensor lean(probably cause i have an exhaust leak), 2- 211-pip circuit failure. so does that 211 code mean i need to replace my crankshaft position sensor or what? any help fellas...?
  10. brake bleeding Q's...

im trying to breed-out all the old fluid(it looks like burnt x3 motor oil) before i install the new front hose,calipers, etc. but i dont have a one man bleeding tool. so how do i go about breeding front and rear properly?
  11. need help! changing front brakewear for 1st time...

:dunno::dunno:hey fellas, ive changed calipers and rotors before just not like this. i bought a haynes manual but it dont tell me jack. all it says,2 remove the caliper, is somethin about squeezing something with pliers and beat apin out with a punch...? i mean, what pin? no pictures. anyone got...
  12. question about thermostat housing on 2.3

i have a 94 ranger. its a 2.3 4cyl. 2-wd 5-speed. my question is, do i have to take the timing belt cover off in order to remove the thermostat housing? trying to replace my thermostat...
  13. 4cyl. downshift Q's

hey guys, my question is, are you "not" suppose to downshift the ford 4cyl. manual trannies? i ask because the guy i bought my truck from says he replaced the tranns 3 times. under 200,000 miles. thats why he sold it to me, because #3 went out and he said he was done and now i've put a new one...
  14. speedo gear question... HELP!!!!!!

i looked at the gear chart and the gear in mine is black so, 21 teeth. well my truck has stock rear but my speedo is slow. says i'm running 47mph when actually going 60 ish. so my question is do i need a higher tooth gear(21+teeth) or lower tooth gear? or do you guys think my speedometer gage is...
  15. check engine light on...

ok, if the hoses to the egr valve pressure sensor aren't connected , will this cause the check engine light to come on after the truck has warmed up? FYI the hoses are missing...
  16. ABS light ???

this may be a stupid ? but i thought my truck just had power brakes, not anti-lock. so what would cause the light to come on? and also, if the rear brakes where bad would it cause the truck to shake like a tire was blown?
  17. another brake Q

ok, the situation is this. when i press the brake the truck pulls to the right and when i release it pulls left. and also either the front or rear brakes seem to bind while driving and eventually let go. does this sound like the pistons are stickin in the calipers?
  18. ABS light ???

this may be a stupid ? but i thought my truck just had power brakes, not anti-lock. so what would cause the light to come on? and also, if the rear brakes where bad would it cause the truck to shake like a tire was blown?
  19. 2.3 tranny with 3.0 motor?

title says it all. will a 94 2.3 transmission work with a 3.0 6cyl.? (is the bolt pattern the same?)
  20. cam swap question...

i have a 94 ranger with a 2.3 5 speed. question is would it be worth swappin out the stock cam for an svo mustang cam and roller rockers cause i have'em layin around the shop...:icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad