• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

PlumCrazy's Build

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
Right!?

He pulled my tire tube out of the trash and asked, "Are you using this? Can I have it?"

"Yes. It is in the trash can..."
Lmfao :icon_rofl:

I've put together a small gallery of how I picture Seth while he is working in his garage....

:icon_rofl:

1badexplorer

Firefighter
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 501, 7.3psd, 351c, 351w
Transmission
Manual
Some of the old 70s mag wheels had the drop center in the back of the wheels like your reversed idea. We cad to mount the swampers on dads bronco with the nice side of his aluminum slots down and put them on the back of the wheel. Its was nerve racking.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Welp...the rim rotator turned out to be an awful idea..I basically ruined the first two rims trying to weld the centers back it. I should stopped and done it by hand, but like an idiot I continued...Basically the speed was ok, then the welder would spit since the ground has to go through a rotating bearing, then it would speed up/slow down as it arced through the bearing..I just don't trust the welds long term...nor do I want to potentially waste my beadlocks on junk rims. I will do the other two by hand, and probably buy 2 more new (they are only $50 bucks).

I finished up pulling the engine last night. Now I can figure out how to rework the cross member. My plan is to cut the center section out, box in the nubs where the mounts are, then make a bolt in section in the middle. Ill tack weld some temporary crossmembers across the frame horns to hole it true before I cut.

I am tempted to get the new short block together and put it back in...but then I will need to buy heads...and headers. Not looking to spend that kind of money right now. With the core support out, pulling the motor really went pretty well. I want to get the A/C working again while its apart, I think the compressor is shot and the condenser is toast.

Found the source of my exhaust ticks...between the crack in the Y-pipe and the too long of bolt in the header...I think that explains it.lol

My replacement cross pin came for the Auburn. The guy at Auburn told me not to worry about the distorted hole. It only goes partway in anyway....he said if it fails again...they will warranty it.

I settled on this switch. Its 1.5" tall or so, its metal, and has what looks like a little shift boot...closest thing to five shifters I can get.lol

Aerkusa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1991, 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Man, your wheels got tired and your y-pipe got exhausted. Did I miss what happened to the gear or did it come like that?

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
^I picked the Auburn up cheap because of the damaged hole. I have not installed it yet.

Sent from my XT907 using Crapatalk

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Did a little work this weekend.

Rolled the turd out into the sunlight and power washed the oil/grease/grime off the frame rails to get ready for some cutting/welding

Welded three of four wheels together

These showed up

Welded one up, not really impressed by the anti coning ring design, but I am still waiting bolts and valve stems, so I cant say whether or not they work well.

I picked up some old CJ7 wheels to complete my set, they were crusty and nasty, but cleaned up well with a sand blasting. I recentered one so far….these are toughest wheels I have done yet. The welds are tiny and pathetic, but the press fit is much tighter than the aftermarket wagon wheels I was doing before.

I got one popped in the tire and painted up, but hardware wont be here till this afternoon or tomorrow.

I started on the crossmember/engine mount project…I managed to get the pass side mount built and tacked on. I started by setting my extra block on the bench with the new pan bolted on, then I bolted the stock mounts on from my truck and tack welded a plate to the bench to show where the stock location was…then I unbolted the mount and slipped in the Ruff Stuff mount…at this point all I had to do was build tabs from the tacked plate to the mount…then cut of the excess and locate on the frame using the stock holes as a reference point.

Looking back..I kind of wish I would have built the mount so that tied the rail to the cross member when welded up. Next step is get the driver mount made, drop in the short block…verify mount location…full weld the mounts…take temp cross members to hold frame rails and then cut out the cross member between the mounts…box the ends….build bolt in tooob section.

Not sure is I should go ahead and put the new short block together and install while the old motor is out…or just put it back together wait until I get new heads too….the motor realyy isn’t bad to pull with the cross member out.

Got to the driver side and discovered the POS Pacesetter headers will NOT clear the RuffStuff mount…even with a little 32 oz ball peen persuasion…needless to say the solution is in the mail.

Good thing my car is tiny….or it would be booted to outside.lol

Went with 036speed on a road trip for these little fellas….42” Rockers make my 38.5s look like roller skates.lol

Last edited:

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Whats your plan for the old pacesetters?

SVT

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
^Garbage.lol

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I even have a crack free replacement Y-pipe for them.lol

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I would be willing to trade the headers and Y-Pipe for a 95-97 EGR tube (upper and lower)...

If someone has a 95-97 they want to put these Pacesetters on, Ill include the 93-94 upper intake and EGR tube. You pay shipping and send me your 95-97 EGR setup (Plastic intake style)

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
I'll call dibs on the headers and Y pipe. I'll get you the EGR tube for a 95-97 plastic intake this weekend...

SVT

036speed

02/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
I'll call dibs on the headers and Y pipe. I'll get you the EGR tube for a 95-97 plastic intake this weekend...

SVT
Let me know if this goes down. I will throw my 06 D60 coil mount in that box.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Shoot me a PM SVT. I'll pull the headers this week. They are in good shape. I sand blasted and painted them a few years ago...but now they are surface rusted again. No pitting though. There is a dent in the front driver toob from my attempt to clear the Ruff Stuff mount.

I'll post pictures tomorrow. The cracked Y pipe is repairable...it also has a third bung welded in the Y for a wide band.

I'm keeping my O2s, but the second y pipe has two unknowns in it.lol

Last edited:

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Pictures of the PaceSetters.

Dent on driver side

Valve stems showed up...

Hardware for rims....

Mounted one tire up last night. The rest of the wheels are in various stages from unwelded to just needing paint.lol

Im hoping with the 3" BS and the tire ballooned out I didn't shoot myself in the foot as far as turning radius goes..

3.73s came yesterday too. So now the F150 parts pile is damn near complete...once the Ranger is mobile...the F150 gets 5 speeded, 8 lugged, Hydroboosted, and slammed.lol

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
She's comin along nicely bud! Keep whittling away at her, you'll have her runnin in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals