• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ClaytonBigsby

1. ClaytonBigsby

5.0 and C6 tranny in 85 Bronco II

HI Gang, I've read that the C4 and C5s will work but I am having a hard time finding much on the C6 in an 85 BII. Is it a good tranny for this conversion? How much trouble will I have connecting it to the BW 1350 Tcase? I greatly appreciate any input. Thanks!
  2. ClaytonBigsby

BII V8 swap from an 86 Capri???

Hi gang, I missed out on a great deal on a 302 but a new/better opportunity may have come up. Is an 86 V8 Capri a good donor vehicle for the conversion? If not, what is the best car to buy for most of the parts (302/tranny/mounts/radiator/fuel/etc.? My 85 is durasparked 2.8/TK5/1350 POSI 3.73...
  3. ClaytonBigsby

Batteries

Hi all, it's time for another battery. My '85 BII calls for 590CCA. I have always bought one around 700+. Am I doing more harm than good? I do not have a winch, but I do have a stereo I connect straight to the battery to run with the truck off. Nothing fancy, Punch150 amp, 1 12" woofer...
  4. ClaytonBigsby

Hello All, Anyone from the '99 forum?

I joined TRS in '99 and remember a few names, Jim and Ryan of course, Blue Wolf maybe? So glad to see the site doing so well!!
  5. ClaytonBigsby

Nightmare With National Carburetors in FL

I recently durasparked my 85 BII and traded my feedback carb for a Holley 350. The Holley was garbage so I needed a non-feedback 2150. I ordered a 2150 from National Carburetors in Jacksonville, FL. I clealry put in the instructions that I wanted a non-feedback 2150. I paid $40 for FedEx 3...
  6. ClaytonBigsby

2150 Carb

Hi All, can the feedback 2150 on my '85 be used with the duraspark conversion? If not, do all 2150 carbs fit the 2.8 intake? Meaning, if I order a 2150 carb for a 302, will it fit my 2.8 and work for the duraspark conversion? Please and thank you.
  7. ClaytonBigsby

How Long to Redo Front End?

Hi All, I am sure this is all in here somewhere, I do not have the time right now to search it out and am grateful for anyone who can help me. How long should it take to redo the front end of my 85 BII? New ball joints, tie rod ends, axle u joints, bearings Thanks!
  8. ClaytonBigsby

MOOG Parts VS NAPA Parts

I went to a local retailer today (Baxter) and spent $420 on tie rod ends, upper/lower ball joints, U Joints, and a box full of bushings; insisting on the best. I got all MOOG parts and they look built to last. Then I went to NAPA to get the draglink Baxter didn't carry, and the guy told me...
  9. ClaytonBigsby

2150 Carb ? 85 Bronco II (durasparked)

Hi All, I joined TheRangerStation in the 90's when it was a handful of people and a different format. So happy to see it still going strong. Thank you Jim. About 6 years ago I finally durasparked my 85 BII. I bought a Holley 350 carb from my neighbor. I was so happy to be done with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad