• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bigblue88

low compression in 1 cylinder

88 2.9 super fi 2wd a4ld I did a compression check, because I couldn't pass smog and a rough idle, and one of the cylinders at first was only 60psi, then. 100, then 150. So I put 20-50 oil in the cylinders and it went up to about 125psi. Would this mess up the test because I didn't use 30w...
  2. bigblue88

Cant pass smog ruff idle

88 Ranger 2.9 fi A4ld First I thought it was just a ruff idle, but now wont pass smog. The HC was reallly high. I am about to take out fuel injectors, and send them to be cleaned, should I replace the head gaskets thought? I checked fuel pressure, it was only 36 psi when turned to on position...
  3. bigblue88

heavy idle

88 ford ranger super- think about 100,000 miles 2.9 fuel injection a4ld Recently my trucks been idling rough and blowing a lot of smoke out of exhaust in morning when starting up. One time it stalled and wouldn't start, but later that day it started right up, hasn't done this again yet. Last...
  4. bigblue88

low service port side on ac

Need help leaving tommorrow cant find low side port for ac on 88 ranger 2.9 v6
  5. bigblue88

Need mustang parts

6. bigblue88

Backfire through throttle body

Working on a 86 toyota 4 cylinder 22re efi pickup truck Timing jumped a tooth or so and broke one of guides and cover. We replaced everything timed it up crankshaft key at 12 o clock and camshaft dot line up with top dot on cam and with the rotor pointed at #1 spark plug. But we didn't use...
  7. bigblue88

inertia switch connector

My inertia switch connector melted and I heard you can just bypass the inertia switch and strip and connect the two wires together, is this safe?
  8. bigblue88

inspection pipe

I heard from a friend that for older cars with bolt on cats they use to make inspection pipes, so you could remove the cats and put them back when its time for smogging. Anyone know where I could find one.
  9. bigblue88

Custom Door Panels

I use to have the old cardboard and vinyl door panels but they got worn out after taking off a couple times, so I decided to make my own. Switched the speakers from the dash to doors also. BEFORE AFTER 1st upholstery job
  10. bigblue88

Fuel Pump

I recently installed a new fuel pump because the old one was bad, and now the new one's a little louder then the old one, it works fine though. Does this mean I installed it wrong. When I tried putting the new seal on it wouldn't fit, so I just cleaned the old one and reused it(was in good...
  11. bigblue88

slam when brake

I replaced rotor and dont know if i packed bearings correctly would this be the cause of when i full engage the brake in motion that my car makes a hard thud sound. Also i was told to tighten the nut after the rotor just barely snug, Is that right?
  12. bigblue88

dipstick seal

I have an a4ld trans and I did a front seal job and when I took out my dipstick the bottom part that goes into transmission(2 parted dipstick) seal was worn out. I tried o-rings but they dont fit inside the hole completely it just kinda sit on top. Is this the way it's suppose to be? When I...
  13. bigblue88

electric window

My passenger electric window wiring has to be reversed to get it to work. Sometimes it will work fine, then I'll have to undo wires(have them twisted with twisties) and reverse em to get it to work again. Then every once in a while i have reverse the wires every time it goes up or down. Could it...
  14. bigblue88

ignition timing

For anyone who doesn't understand igntion timing this is simplest explanation that I could understand, check it out. <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UYGU7mTwsZc&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param...
  15. bigblue88

Tps

My cars been hard to start when cold lately, and i was wondering if it could be because a while ago after a tune up my friend told me to turn the idle up. I was reading that its not suppose to be touched and It says I got to adjust the tps to match it if it has been adjusted. Anybody know how I...
  16. bigblue88

codes

Hi I got a 88 ford ranger v6 2.9, I am kind of new to the car mechanic field and am running my scanner and got a couple codes I dont understand any help would appreciate. Thanks 21 engine coolant temp out of range 74 brake on off signal ope or short to ground 77 system did not receive goose test
  17. bigblue88

codes trouble

Hi I got a 88 ford ranger v6 2.9, I am kind of new to the car mechanic field and am running my scanner and got a couple codes I dont understand any help would appreciate. Thanks 21 engine coolant temp out of range 74 brake on off signal ope or short to ground 77 system did not receive...
  18. bigblue88

body lift and suspension

i have an 88 ranger 2wd and Thinking about a 2" body lift and 2" bushing and washer or coil swap, dont know which would be better. Would I need to put in new gears and at what point would I have to. if any body has pics of of something similar waould appreciate. Thanks
  19. bigblue88

bellhousing to transmission bolt torque specs

Replaced seals on 88 ford ranger v6 2.9 a4ld and cant find the torque specs for the 8 bolts in the the bellhousing that go to transmission.
  20. bigblue88

Whats up

FROM LA,CA do you have to pay or to get a reply here

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad