• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. another oil thread!

i have a 98 ranger 2.5 and currently run motor craft 5w30 i have two questions. with 196k i burn a little oil and get a slight lifter tick at start up would i benefit from a switch to synthetic 5w30? im not too worried about leaks or should i be ? and i live in ct and i wanted to know if 5w30...
  2. 98 ranger 2.5 intake bypass

is the coolant bypass modification for my intake really worth it if im not pinging ??? and how much pep will i feel from an electric fan install and ditching the clutch fan ?:icon_welder::beer:
  3. 98 ranger 2.5 clutch problem

i have a 98 ranger 2.5 5 speed. when i come to a stop at lights and take the truck out of first and try to put it back into first to take it i have resistance like clutch drag and have to mess with it to get it in. once moving it shifts relatively fine. clutch slave looks newer with no leaks...
  4. wrist pin failuer

i have one question i belive the thing connecting the piston to the rod is the wrist pin correct? heres my story i have a 3.0 03 ranger and i was driving about a week ago. i started her up and took off i stoped at a stop sign truned right and heard a bang and thud. i seen smoke and instantly...
  5. oil leak need help asap

Ok so yesterday I was being dumb and bottomed out directly on my crossmember for my tranny. it had moved the postion oof one bolt maybe 1/8th and inch. And had a really small bend on a edge wich both were insignificant. Here's my problem I now have a small leak maybe 15 drips a day. Did I ****...
  6. questions?

i have a 7.5 track lock l.s.d i need to do 3 things i have to rearange the clutchs for harder lock up(cpcpcpc) i have to disasembale it and i have to clean and re lube it 1. how do i take it apart.? how do i clean the old grease off? what grease do i use to re lube it how do i put it...
  7. 03 3.0 shake at idel

my 3.0 has some noticable shake at idel. it also shakes a little more when cold or the a/c is on. i have changed the plugs wires the batery the serp belt the fuel filter i run fuel injector cleaner regularly. an i use 89 gas. the shake calmed down some when i changed the fuel filter. however i...
  8. diff questions.

im very known for asking lots of questions and im trying to finaly get a lock on what i want to do. i have a few more questions i would like vertran people to answer. so about a month ago i picked up a ford trac lok 7.5 carrier. i do belive it is used and would need a clutch rebuild here is my...
  9. oil filter change.

i currently use a bosh distance plus oil filter but i was thinking about going to purelator pur one the one thats completly coated in grip stuff. i have herd amazing tings about these filters and just wanted to know if it was better than my bosh
  10. oil filters

ive heard more and more that ford motor craft filters are like the best? give me your opion in how these four filter rank. i would like you to put them in numerical order from 1 being th best to 4 being the worst mobile one extended milage filter bosch distance plus oil filter(using...
  11. diff question.

ive aksed many questions on the same subject here is my last few. 1. how much of a improvement will i see over my open diff when i install my 7.5 ford trac lok l.s.d in my 7.5 axel.(in mud water puddles small hill climbs and maybe small short rock crawls.) 2.were can i find clutch pack rebuilds...
  12. weird problem could be power sterring

so i noticed a few days ago after a mild wheeling trip in my 2wd ranger when i took off form as stop and gave it gas the pedeal would vibrate(lightly) and make a small chatter noise for about 1 second then stop but only when i gave gas while the wheel was turned. i also herd and felt it happen a...
  13. ford 7.5/trutrac limitedslip

how much of a improvement would i see with a limted slip carrier from ford(trutrac) over my conventonal open diff off road. i dotn rock crawl
  14. skid plates 03 2wd ranger.

how much would they cost? how hard would they be to make? should i bolt them on or weld them on perm. and does anyone know of s company who makes a good skid plate kit for this truck.(03 2wd ranger3.0):icon_bounceblue:
  15. 3.0 questions?

:icon_welder:1. i changed my oil yesterday and flush it with two quarts of oil the added valvoline syntech 5w20 and a bosch distance pluls oil filter, when i started the truck after it proably took 3 to 5 seconds for oil pressure to show is this normal? 2. what are the benifits and pourpse of...
  16. 3.0 with a dynomax super turbo

how will the super turbo muffler sound with a small direct out fitting and deleting the tail pipe. lookign for some info on preformance gains and how deep the tone is and is it loud enough to hear inside the truck while driving. by a direct out fitting i mean instead of connecting the tail pipe...
  17. 3.0 on 93

i had a rough idle and a decent amount of shake on my 03 ranger. but when i ran 93 it shook less and got better mpg could running93 hurt my truck?
  18. 2wd 03 ranger need snew shocks and struts

:icon_confused:first off i need to knwo is it shocks and struts for car or does my truck just have shocks. mine are coing bad fast in the back and almost as bad in the front. will getting newer shocks bring my ride hight up a little? and can i request shocks that will give me some lift? last...
  19. 7.5 open diff upgrade.

i made a thread about welding my diff and got a lot of good responses i decide to power trax my truck. but i dont have 459 right now. so i found a ford 7.5 trutrak on summit for 204 231 with shipping. i was thinking about buying that. i know that if one wheel comes off the ground it will be of...
  20. oil filter/ oil combo?

would you guys say that mobile one 5w20 and a Bosch distance plus oil filter is a good combo for my 3.0 ranger.? i do 3,500 mile oil changes.:yahoo:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad