• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. BeefStew42791

'93 Ranger 4.0 4wd m5r1

On my most recent code check I recieved the number 522, which according to the book is "Vehicle not in park or neutral during KOEO". Now obviously I was in neutral, otherwise there'd be no problem. After research I came to the conclusion that it was, as Fomoco calls it for the 5speeds, the...
  2. BeefStew42791

'93 Ranger D35 TTB questions

Ok, to begin with, my 4wd hasn't worked from the getgo. I think either one or both of my hubs are junk because even when I jack the truck up, lock them in, and spin the front driveshaft niether front wheel will turn. However, recently I had both of my front wheels & hubs off the truck when I...
  3. BeefStew42791

VIN Number Checks!!

I got a monthlong membership with unlimited vin checks off autocheck.com, and I looked through all my family's cars and it looks good and complete. If anybody else is wanting/needing the lowdown on a vehicle lemme know, cuz like I said..unlimited for a month!!
  4. BeefStew42791

I need a favor..

Could someone with a fully-functional, non-issue-ridden 1993-1994 4.0 Ranger upload/send me a decently detailed picture of their fully installed, completely hooked-up fender mounted starter solenoid? Then also if possible a picture of the wiring hookups on the actual starter mounted solenoid...
  5. BeefStew42791

bolt pattern fitment guide

I don't know if anybody's found this and posted it or not, but I came across it and thought it'd be a good source of reference. Check the link: http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Reference-Database.asp What you do is you either put in your bolt pattern...
  6. BeefStew42791

power steering pump puller puller & installer

Before anybody flames up and down all over creation yes I did search. Now if I missed the answer somewhere just show me a link and I'll be happy to read it for myself BUT my issue today is that I am in need of a power steering pump puller/installer and I've never had to deal with pulleys in my...
  7. BeefStew42791

exhaust manifold to head bolts

Hey everybody, I'm at the point in my project where I need to tackle some broken bolts. I tried an easy out on one..never doing that again:annoyed: but my plan is to drill and tap them out. What I was wondering is if anyone knows for exactly sure what size tap I'll need. Drilling to the inside...
  8. BeefStew42791

63-inch rear leaves rearched

I had an interesting thought today, as I was compiling a list in my mind of all the ways I could mutilate my truck, and I remembered that I saw in the tech library article, "64" leaf spring and shackle flip", instead of moving the front bracket forward and insane amount the owner had the springs...
  9. BeefStew42791

Adobe Dreamweaver

Hey guys, I hope you can help me out with this. I have a final project I have to do for my web design course and that just happens to be to create a website. Thats nice and find but in my brainstormings I thought hey, why don't I make the flash animated header a link to the homepage. Can this...
  10. BeefStew42791

94 Ranger STX Longbed

SPECS 1994 Ford Ranger STX, 4.0, 5speed, 4x4, Standard Cab, Longbed MODS 3" Body Lift Bug Guard/Spoiler Sony Headdeck Hedman Headers 130 Amp Explorer Alternator Mirrored & Lit Explorer Visors Custom Texas Style Dual Catback Exhaust Magnaflow Stainless Steel Single Inlet/Dual Outlet Muffler...
  11. BeefStew42791

what tool do I need now?..

OOOk, so..my truck has found another way to annoy the crap outta me. What I need is for someone to inform me as to how to get this..(problem is circled in green obviously enough) unclamped..preferrably in a much more efficient way then I have come up with on my own (:temper:). anythoughts on...
  12. BeefStew42791

GAHHHH!!! what is this??

Ok...I've spent the past hour and a half dealing with this and another wad of time searching. The previous owner of my truck was nice enough to hacksaw the clutch line *cough cough* tim *cough cough* lol, and I'm trying to disconnect the hydro. clutch line after the T. It would help if I knew...
  13. BeefStew42791

could this be an issue?

I currently have a project of taking an engine and tranny out of a 2wd shortbed ranger and putting it into a 4wd long bed. Now I know that in order to work the 4wd I'd have to bolt on a transfer case but would I need a totally different transmission? if the transmissions were different in the...
  14. BeefStew42791

converting to power mirrors

At what phase of wiring can I stop at to do this? Is there any wiring that was installed on a 94 ranger without power mirrors that can be used if somebody installed power mirrors? ok, I'm gonna add/change my question a little. Is there anybody that can show me how much wiring there is that goes...
  15. BeefStew42791

hood release cable removal

First of all if this is posted in the wrong place sorry, I couldn't figure out where this really belonged.. but what I'm havin a little trouble on is how to disconnect the hood release cable. I'm lookin to remove the front clip on my 93 (inner/outer fenders, rad support, grill, whole 9 yards)...
  16. BeefStew42791

convertible ranger

ok yes I know this is not my truck but cmon people check this out! http://binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/812361124.html I normally don't go for slammed trucks like that but man when its a custom convertible WTF that is cool lol.
  17. BeefStew42791

I got it!!

YEA I got meself a brand new driver's side fender off of craig'slist for $35:yahoo: lol, prolly nobody cares but I'm so stoked I just had to share.
  18. BeefStew42791

why lockers?

I have read a lot about guys putting lockers in their differentials to convert them, obviously, to locking differentials. Has this been at the expense of a limited slip? and if not why doesn't anybody go for a limited slip? I understand the concepts and functions of both, I'm just wondering if...
  19. BeefStew42791

Bed Swap

Has anyone ever put a 7' bed on a frame that originally had a 6'? Actually even if you haven't and you just know the answer I'd like to know. Albeit tho I'm just curious so any answer (preferrably without the bs) will suffice.
  20. BeefStew42791

lookin for well educated opinions..lol

Hey, just wondering what you guys thought about using 10 gauge, 1/8", 3/16", or 1/4" steel for a project I'm starting. Right now I'm still in the design process, usin regular old graph paper for now. I'm gonna make up some custom bumper's for my 94 reg cab/short bed. I'm also gonna make after...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad