• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Leigh

1. Airbag / ABS warning light often comes on???

Often while driving both the Brake, & ABS warning light's come on, & remain on until shut-off / restart. The ABS Warning light does NOT blink, nor am I getting a Code Scan reading pertaining to any ABS system problem. Wondered if others have had this problem: and weather I should be concerned!!!
  2. MIND BOGGLING P-nut FITTING A/C LEAK.

REF. 99 Ford Ranger / New UAC, CN 4904PFC Condenser, & New UAC HA 10512C Suction -Discharge hose assembly: At the “High-side” P-nut connector, the 1.88mm-CS O-ring supplied with the UAC hose, didn't seal enough to even hold a vacuum, even with Nylog “treatment”. I tried next thicker...
  3. 99.2.5: Runs rough-Where to start?

(1) The last few days began to smell fuel "odor" near bed area. (2) Today, noted black, sooty water from exhaust pipe. (3) Did a "Key-On" / Engine-OFF diagnostic.= 4 Results: P1506: Idle Air Control Overspeed. Error . P0453: EVAP Emission Control System Pres Sensor High. P0302: Cylinder #2...
  4. Fuel Filter Removal Question?

When disconnecting the fuel line "rear" Quick Disconnect ( To the tank) from the filter; does the Quick Disconnect seal off the line to the tank when the filter is removed, or does the tank have to be empty before replacing the filter? Thanks, Leigh
  5. 99 2.5 Starting Problem.

For the past Month or so, Though it cranked right up effortlessly, from a cold start; after stopping someplace for "awhile" it became problematic, requiring rapid pumps of the pedal to start. Yesterday, initially started, & drove normal, but after 2nd stop it wouldn't start. Tried all the...
  6. 99: Another shifting problem.

Two weeks ago, started in neutral—Clutch-in-- Would not go into ANY gear----- With the engine Off—Went into all gears with minimal effort. A half hour later, I tried again, & it shifted normally—OK for a couple hundred miles “stop & Go” driving with no problems. Today, moved easily through...
  7. 99 2.5 Cyl misfire. ( Code 0304)

Been having an intermittent, "slightly" rough at idle problem since I bought the truck used two years ago. All the spark plugs had been replaced just prior to my purchase. I'm getting a Check Engine Code 0304, which is a #4 Cyl. misfire. Trying to determine weather it's most likely...
  8. 99 2.5L Intermittent rough idle.

HISTORY: Less than 500 miles since bought used. From previous owner, there was less than 100 miles on the following parts, as related to “tune-up”: NEW: Ignition coil, Timing belt, EGR Pressure Sensor, EGR Valve, Spark-Plugs, Ignition wires, Ignition Coil, O2 Sensor, MAP Sensor, & Inlet Air...
  9. 99 Ranger 2.5 - No heat-What next???

99 Ranger bought used, so no history. AC/ blower works, but no heat. With heater on "Full' there is absolutely no evidence of warm air, & since AC compressor continues to be engaged, the air actually feels cooler than outside ambient. Trouble shooting so far: (1) Upper radiator hose...
  10. Component ID needed (99 2.5L0

On my 99 2.5L; in what I assume is the fuel return "pluming"; the tubing from the injection "system" passes through a component mounted in the engine compartment, drivers side, near the fender edge. Other than the fuel inlet & outlet nipples, there is a vacuum line (possibly a vacuum shut-off...
  11. Repeated IAC Overspeed Error.

I had a Check Engine light, scanned with my Actron OBD ll, and got a P1506: "Idle Air Control Overspeed Error" Though I've seen where others were successful cleaning the IAC; I decided to replace it with a new Autozone Duralast TV245, and erased the code. Now, just after two days, and very...
  12. 99 Ranger 2.5L PCV valve location (again)

I just bought this truck, and am far from familiar with it. I'm having a problem locating the PVC valve in "this" engine. This post: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2123&highlight=PCV+valve+location Indicated that it was "above "the" spark plug, next to the fuel...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad