• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. lindsay_elaine

Overcharging?

About a month ago, I was driving home from work and noticed my voltmeter was pegged all the way to the max. I pulled over and called my uncle to ask if it was okay to drive, and he told me not to worry about it unless it stays like that, in which case we'd have to change the alternator because...
  2. lindsay_elaine

For those of you with an Explorer full length console...

What is this slot/hole for?? Looking at this one on CL, got buckets for my '03 and am wanting the full console.
  3. lindsay_elaine

2.5l revving when clutch pressed

My mom's boyfriend bought an '01 reg. cab a few weeks ago with a 2.5 and 5 speed and 215k on it. He has barely driven it since he got it (it's used mainly for running to the dump) so I drove it around today while running errands just to see what it's like in comparison to my '03 2.3. Four out...
  4. lindsay_elaine

quick exhaust question

Will the exhaust off a 1994 B2300 2wd reg. cab fit on a 1994 Ranger 4wd reg. cab? Thanks
  5. lindsay_elaine

noisy clutch?

I've noticed this on and off since I got my truck but it's doing it almost constantly now. When I press in my clutch pedal, something makes a snapping noise, and then makes the same noise when the pedal comes back up. It's a 2003 2.3 2wd with almost 160k. Someone suggested it's the switch that...
  6. lindsay_elaine

Fresh paint on my '03!

Hooray, my cab and fenders finally match my powerdome and stepside - got the rest painted at work earlier this week :D Also added a tinted back window that I'm pretty psyched about. All I've gotta do is figure out what to do with the super crooked front bumper, I'm wanting to swap to an '06 +...
  7. lindsay_elaine

Just some recent pics

My truck was looking shiny (well, half of it was) a few weeks ago when it was in Nova Scotia at my in-law's. I can't wait to get my freaking cab and fenders done! I also really need some new bumper brackets, poor previously abused truck :annoyed:
  8. lindsay_elaine

quick Sway bar bushing question..

My sway bar bushings are junk, they used to squeal all the time but they stopped making noise so I've been ignoring replacing them. Lately I've noticed a slight knocking in my steering wheel when I hit bumps, it's nothing super noticeable but I can hear it and feel it very lightly. Could the...
  9. lindsay_elaine

Recplacing AC Condenser?

Can someone tell me if it's a hard job to replace the AC Condenser in my '03 2.3? The truck was hit in the front before I bought it and I discovered the condenser has a crack in it where everything leaks out when I tried to recharge it last summer. Thinking of getting a used one from the JY and...
  10. lindsay_elaine

What's the deal with Mazda extended cabs??

My fiance and I saw a 94-97 x-cab B series without the weird window trim treatment that the Mazdas got (in other words, it looked very ranger-like) Later on we saw a newer Mazda with the same "no window trim" deal going on. We also saw x-cabs of both body styles WITH the Mazda window trim. Both...
  11. lindsay_elaine

My '03's slow change

I decided to start documenting my '03's slow transformation from a beat up regular bed work truck to a nice, clean stepside. It's only getting body work, no mechanical modifications (I'm boring like that) I've been waiting to paint /swap on my powerdome and 4x4 grille since I got the truck...
  12. lindsay_elaine

An alternative to spray bombs...

Came across this last night and thought it was actually kinda sweet... and I'm an airbrush artist/custom painter. If you don't have the budget for real paint and can't use a spray can, tinfoil might be an awesome temporary (or permanent?) solution...
  13. lindsay_elaine

Spare Keys (rant)

Does it SERIOUSLY cost $115 to make a spare key for my '03? I understand it's electronic and they have to program it, but how can it possibly be worth that much - OH wait, if I order two the second one is ONLY 29.95!! :shok: If I walk into a different dealer and flash them my boobs, do you think...
  14. lindsay_elaine

"normal" amount of tranny whine?

Is there such thing as a normal amount of manual transmission noise? My '03 4cy 5 speed whines in every gear. It makes the same noise in all gears and only stops making noise when I take my foot off the gas. It's not terribly loud but it is noticeable. I'm hoping it's just a normal noise since...
  15. lindsay_elaine

OHC / Cab brace question

Tried the OHC install in my '03 a few weeks ago but chickened out about it. The brace in my cab looks different than the one in the tech article, and the bottom of the bracket looked too low to not interfere with the headliner after we screwed it in place (should have taken pics but I didn't)...
  16. lindsay_elaine

Fueling up?

Should it take me 25 minutes and the pump kicking off 56 times for me to fill my tank? Filling up my '03 has become a chore and I HATE doing it because it takes F-O-R-FREAKING-E-V-E-R to top off. The pump kicks off every 30 seconds or so no matter what station I'm at, what speed I'm pumping...
  17. lindsay_elaine

Front end noise (and other questions) 2WD

I realize it's kind of pointless to ask what a noise is over the internet without you guys actually being able to hear it, but I don't know where to start and haven't found anything through searching the forums. My 2WD '03 has a mystery noise in the front end and it's driving me nuts. It groans...
  18. lindsay_elaine

Locked my keys in...

... and got 'em out using different Ford keys. I only have one key to the Ranger and for whatever reason decided to lock my doors in the driveway today. I felt pretty dumb when I realized the keys were still in the ignition :annoyed: Thankfully we have about 20 sets of keys, most of which go to...
  19. lindsay_elaine

Pics of my '03

Here's some pictures of my '03, I finally painted my front bumper and grille today. The grille is a temporary solution, I have an Edge/4x4 grille and hood at work, plus a new (to me) rear bumper. Sometime this winter all the dents will be repaired, mudflaps removed, and everything repainted (the...
  20. lindsay_elaine

Older amp advice

Hey guys, I finally gave up on my factory CD player. It kept ticking, giving me error messages, ejecting disks with the truck off and they keys out, and occasionally only playing on two speakers. I don't like aftermarket CD players because they're never simple to use and they're always...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad