• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. part out question

I know.. Put this in the parts section. But I wanted a little quicker attention. I have a 84 BII complete, 2.8 auto, manual transfer, 4x4 for parts any intrest????
  2. electrical gremlins

I think you all are going to tell me bad ground, but here goes. 90 ranger, 93 ex complete wiring harness and dash and 4.0. the problem: truck running- gauges operate normally, turn on head lights and the volt gauge pegs left or neg. and dash lights don't work. turn on blower fan and volt gauge...
  3. argh

about to change my clutch slave for the third time in less than 10,000 miles. they are warrantiing them but the labor involved is what gets me. but on a good note, all the bolts have been recently removed so they wont be hard to get out. was told to try a more heavy duty fluid than dot 3 4 or 5...
  4. quick ?

have opportunity to buy 92 excab 2wdrive w/auto and 3.0 with bad head gasket. do I remember correctly that the 2.9/4.0 will not bolt up to the trans sorry not enough time to search need an answer quickly.
  5. 97 slpoder

I have access to a lightly rolled 97 explorer 4.0 auto, do I want anything besides the 8.8 disc 3.73 rear?
  6. Help me identify this part,...

I think it has something to do with the anti lock brakes. it was mounted on the front left frame rail of a 94 explorer
  7. evtm help

anybody have the evtms for 90 ranger and a 94 explorer, spacifically the plugs going to the fuel pump.. Ive got a 8 pin blk and a 4 pin blk on the trk and a 8 pin blu and 4 pin blk from the ex. and they arent matiching up.. HELP please
  8. 90 ranger -94 explorer swap

Ok Ive read all the articles in the tech section, and 17 pages into this section in preperation for my swap. I have a 90 ranger 2.9 and have a 94 explorer 4.0 and Im a little confused. I understand engine and computer w/underhood wiring, but Some of the info says to use the wiring and dash...
  9. What do yall think

Are there going to be any major (wiring etc) problems with putting a 94 4.0 out of a auto explorer into my 7/90 former 2.9 ranger. Also would swapping the 3.73 open 7.5 to 3.73 8.8 ls be worth while? engine and eng harness are already out of the ranger and gone bought it without.
  10. gear change mileage help

So if I change the gears in my wifes exploder from 3.73 to 3.27 for better mileage the tech calculater says instead of going 65 we'll now be going 74 mph so obviously we'll only go 65 mph so the rpms are going to be lower also. so what kind of mileage increase am I going to get. Its getting @20...
  11. banner help

anyone have say789 # so i can hand the banner to him, dont want to take it all the way to medford without others signing it call me 541 951 1549
  12. ADAM 12, ENGINE 51, code41 run lean, please respond

Working on my 91,4.0 spoder, cel has been coming on for couple weeks now. Wife was driving and it sputtered and died yesterday. Had to tow rope it home, which she didnt enjoy at all. Found that the fpr was bad and replaced it. Pulled codes w/ cel engine off and got 11 and 41 system ok and run...
  13. 4.0 swap

Ok, so I'm putting a 4.0 out of a 12/90 explrr into my latest addition 4/90 ranger that was 2.9. So Ive heard about flywheel shims etc. and will the dust shield from between the eng/trans work? the 2.9 or 4.0 shield? I know the wiring should be plug and play. However, the ex was a auto will that...
  14. My newest addition

I just picked this up today, its a 7/90 missing 2.9 5spd. axle code 86 (open 3.73) Under the moss and dirt I found the words LARIAT, havent seen that before, any clues as to that. paid 500.00 cause its straight. I ll see if this photo bucket thing works or not.
  15. no power to fuel pump

Helping a friend out, hes got a 91 ranger 4.0. He was going down the freeway and he said it was like someone shut the key off, the engine just died. no sputter just off. We've replaced fp relay w/known good one. by passed the inertia switch. Checked for power at pump and theres none. hot wired...
  16. axle swap

Ok so I have a 91 explorer w/3.73ls, which Im pulling out to put in my 87 ranger. I have a 5/94 parts explorer that has 3.27 opens. but today I discovered that the 94s have abs and what appears to be speed sensors. So my ??s is will the '94-3.27 go in the 91 w/out major mods. I was going to...
  17. popping out of gear

I have an opportunity to buy a 91 Ranger xcab 4x4, 4.0 manual from a friend for 1000.00. the catch 22 on it is it pops out of first gear, and all other gears are making a lot of noise. So: how hard is it to rebuild, how hard is it to get bearing/gear kits, and any tell tale signs to look for...
  18. speedo help

so I was driving to work yesterday doing 65 on the freeway and all of a sudden my tach starts working again but the speedo jumps to 85 then bounces a bit nd finally stays pegged. stopped at a light in town -0- then bounces around, ( 91 Explorer 4.0 auto). are these electronic speedos or standard...
  19. gear oil??

how much gear oil in front diff of a 91 explorer. I know til it flows from plug, but how do I need to buy for a drain and refill?
  20. axle swap

I picked up 2 explores, a) is a 91 eddie bauer, 3.75 ratio, really nice clean rig, b) is a 92 plain 3.55 ratio parts truck, already used yhe starter and alt on the 91. So I'm working on the 91 explorer 3.75 ratio, doing the ball joints, took the passenger side apart no problems, joints...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad